How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds like an evasive answer. Unless you really believe those warnings that JESUS gave are about people who are insane and belong in institutions, rather than being about a subtle and seductive deception that is so strong even the elect would be deceived if that were possible....?
Well, Jesus told those four men in a private conversation, that they would witness many individuals in the their time saying they were the Christ, and I believe they did.

That’s the odd thing about me apparently, I actually believe what Jesus said?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that @Episkopos is trying to tell you all that what you are doing is the same things Jesus’s religious foes where doing upon his coming into the world.

They were role playing the host of heaven in all their religious practices there in the temple, which Stephen in acts seven states God was never in. This is prior to them gnashing on him with their teeth.

Reactions: Episkopos

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, Jesus told those four men in a private conversation, that they would witness many individuals in the their time saying they were the Christ, and I believe they did.

That’s the odd thing about me apparently, I actually believe what Jesus said?
A private conversation that wasn't kept private but was written down for the benefit of the church/ekklesia. Words that will never pass away.

I have run into people saying that they are Christs. New age form of Christianity. Solomon said there is nothing new under the sun, and what has been will be again.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’ll answer you again so maybe you’ll understand.

I don’t hold conversations with people claiming to be Christ.
I didn't ask if you had engaged in conversation with anyone claiming to be Christ, but whether you had heard of or come across anyone with that belief. Simple yes or no question.....that you are still avoiding answering directly.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A private conversation that wasn't kept private but was written down for the benefit of the church/ekklesia. Words that will never pass away.
It’s a testament.
I have run into people saying that they are Christs. New age form of Christianity. Solomon said there is nothing new under the sun, and what has been will be again.
Did Solomon imply that Jesus would come to address his religious foes again here?

Who are they?
I didn't ask if you had engaged in conversation with anyone claiming to be Christ, but whether you had heard of or come across anyone with that belief. Simple yes or no question.....that you are still avoiding answering directly.
no.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question for you, that scripture stating God was there at the Jordan with Joshua telling him to go in and kill all the inhabitants of Jericho, does this sound like the Father that Jesus presented?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm hoping that people will realize how shallow they are....how shallow is their interpretation ...how self-serving their assessment is...that turns Christianity into another man-made religion. The very superficiality of the understanding of the bible makes it so that when these hear anything at any depth whatsoever...they cry foul...they think it's "another gospel" because it doesn't conform to their religious indoctrination.

Why else would I put up with all the rantings and religious tantrums here if not to warn people of the coming judgment?

The crows are the fowls of the air that Abram shooed away from his sacrifice to God. I make my sacrifice to God here...,for the sake of the truth and for the brothers who are paying attention from the inner man. I don't think people are spiritually awake enough to understand the scale of what I'm saying...and what we are being warned about so vehemently in the bible.

That is the danger.
I can do nothing less than speak the truth.
I realize how shallow you are in your lower walk in the flesh. I can only point you to Jesus and His word but you reject it on a daily basis. All I can do is pray for you to receive Christ and become born again and for genuine repentance.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds like an evasive answer. Unless you really believe those warnings that JESUS gave are about people who are insane and belong in institutions, rather than being about a subtle and seductive deception that is so strong even the elect would be deceived if that were possible....?
Or those who claim special revelations from God and claim they are prophets speaking contrary things that Jesus and the Apostles taught in scripture. One in particular rejects Jesus warnings.

Reactions: Lizbeth

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just answered that the New Testament has revealed the Father too me, isn’t that a personal application?
Do any passages apply to you personally ? In other words when you read it does God speak to you ? I don’t mean audibly but does God speak to your spirit through His word- scripture?

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Spot on right sister . Wasnt too private was it . IT was recorded for the CHURCH . exactly sister .
march on in the LORD . there are many new agers indeed , but lambs wont follow them .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many new age thoughts and doctrines have long entered into christendom .
Many preach the Christ conscious stuff . Many believe they can become Christ indeed .
What a lie that is . JESUS warned us that many would come in His name saying exactly that .
The number who believe this has grown too . Many follow new age mystcism and teachings and
yet they have no idea IT IS new age . cause it was SNUCK in using christain terms.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize how shallow you are in your lower walk in the flesh. I can only point you to Jesus and His word but you reject it on a daily basis. All I can do is pray for you to receive Christ and become born again and for genuine repentance.
We must indeed pray for this . My soul fears greatly for the man .

Status
Not open for further replies.