How big is Jesus Christ now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You not have any confidence in what the verse means mate. Just stating a verse and asking if I believe it or not says it all mate....there's a lot you have to learn and there is no pride in my response at all....I'm trying to help you
I know exactly what it means. It means every bit of what God consists of is in the body of Jesus.

Anything less is a demotion of Jesus himself.

Reactions: Helen

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all
Addressing the OP only. I agree with your assessment. he is the The Intrinsic Spatial or the embodiment of God the Spirit manifested in flesh. so your assessment of Col 2:9 is correct.

but one thing, he's not physically setting "next" to anyone. Right hand as with Right Arm is an anthropomorphism describing that he is in "ALL POWER" as before. both, in G1411, dunamis and G1849, exousia. so the Col 2:9 scripture is correct.

PICJAG.
Right.
God is a Spirit as described by Jesus in John 4:24.
A Spirit God does not have fingers and toes.
These are visible signs of God's power and might.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.
God is a Spirit as described by Jesus in John 4:24.
A Spirit God does not have fingers and toes.
These are visible signs of God's power and might.
Correct, Theotes indicates the "Divine" essence of the personality of God, this is what was manifested in Intrinsic Spatial, or time and space, but what was not manifested to be seen was the Spirit attributes, His "Divine" nature and properties, which was in that body, for it was the Spirit that do the "WORKS".

PICJAG

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That is aweful.

You mangled Col 2:9 to say something else.

That is why Christians don't agree with each other.

Now, you think we all qualify for having all the fullness of the Godhead in our bodies.

Making us complete in ourselves...

Ick!
i dunno, That they may be one, as we are one
I said "you are elohim"

Question....

Colossians 2:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Yes, or no?
in Christ, sure
I know exactly what it means. It means every bit of what God consists of is in the body of Jesus.

yet notice that you cannot Quote what you just said, right, no "Jesus" in There anywhere, sorry, and fwiw i am not trying to help you at all :)
why do you call Me good? No one is good but Yah

Jesus of Nazareth
John Doe, from Nowhere

even
No son of man may die for another's sins;
plays into this, as we start out with "Jesus" as a human sacrifice to Yah, to make us acceptable to Him, right

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, Theotes indicates the "Divine" essence of the personality of God, this is what was manifested in Intrinsic Spatial, or time and space, but what was not manifested to be seen was the Spirit attributes, His "Divine" nature and properties, which was in that body, for it was the Spirit that do the "WORKS".

PICJAG
Now, I am saying that Col 2:9 did not apply to Jesus Christ before he resurrected because he was not yet omnipresent, nor yet made an omnipresent, quickening spirit to encapsulate his God, bodily.

Col 2:9 happened after his resurrection from the dead.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dunno, That they may be one, as we are one
I said "you are elohim"

in Christ, sure

yet notice that you cannot Quote what you just said, right, no "Jesus" in There anywhere, sorry, and fwiw i am not trying to help you at all :)

why do you call Me good? No one is good but Yah

Jesus of Nazareth
John Doe, from Nowhere

even
No son of man may die for another's sins;
plays into this, as we start out with "Jesus" as a human sacrifice to Yah, to make us acceptable to Him, right
Col 2:9 happened to Jesus after he was resurrected.

You are correct, he did not have that status as God during his life on earth.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What people are missing is this,
Now, I am saying that Col 2:9 did not apply to Jesus Christ before he resurrected because he was not yet omnipresent, nor yet made an omnipresent, quickening spirit to encapsulate his God, bodily.

Col 2:9 happened after his resurrection from the dead.
Jesus is, and was omnipresent, before.... before....before manifesting in flesh. he was regain that same attribute after resurrection.

PICJAG

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What people are missing is this,

Jesus is, and was omnipresent, before.... before....before manifesting in flesh. he was regain that same attribute after resurrection.

PICJAG
Did all of his God fully indwell him bodily before his birth also?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On topic here....

Modern Christendom demotes Jesus.

They teach us that only the fullness of God's "qualities" are inside Jesus bodily, and not the entirety of God's being.

As any theologian and they will admit that.

None of them, including oneness or trinitarian teach all of God is inside Jesus.

They don't think Jesus is bodily omnipresent either...but a man sized person.

I know why they say that too.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wrong.

All of God is in Jesus, not a portion of God....

Colossians 2:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
You're in denial, you're not addressing the other possible meanings of the text. And, your hyper-literal manner of exegeting the text, has obligated you to come up with absurd conclusion. i.e. Jesus Christ the man, who ate, drank, defecated, bled and died, is the omnipresent spirit of light. You're a genuis,....not!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did all of his God fully indwell him bodily before his birth also?
yes, the Nature, but it was
Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phil 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

no reputation:
G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v.
1. to make empty.
2. (figuratively) to abase, neutralize, falsify.
[from G2756]
KJV: make (of none effect, of no reputation, void), be in vain
Root(s): G2756

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, the Nature, but it was
Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phil 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

no reputation:
G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v.
1. to make empty.
2. (figuratively) to abase, neutralize, falsify.
[from G2756]
KJV: make (of none effect, of no reputation, void), be in vain
Root(s): G2756

PICJAG.
God thought it not robbery to be equal with God? Are you sure?

Or, the man, Christ Jesus, the only begotten, sinless son of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're in denial, you're not addressing the other possible meanings of the text. And, your hyper-literal manner of exegeting the text, has obligated you to come up with absurd conclusion. i.e. Jesus Christ the man, who ate, drank, defecated, bled and died, is the omnipresent spirit of light. You're a genuis,....not!
No sir.

There is no other meaning to Col 2:9.

There are only presuppositions to change the meaning of it.

If you were a first century believer(pre-commentary), you would have understood the God INSIDE Christ doctrine of the Apostles, but post Apostolic commentary has clouded your 1st century understanding.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I worship God THROUGH Jesus, not as Jesus or around or alongside Jesus.

How do worship God?
well, not to blow my own horn, but by helping widows and orphans wadr

i mean dont get me wrong, stick with the literal Joshua as long as that works for you, but i would understand that that is not what Scripture says, and Christ is Spirit, right

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, not to blow my own horn, but by helping widows and orphans wadr

i mean dont get me wrong, stick with the literal Joshua as long as that works for you, but i would understand that that is not what Scripture says, and Christ is Spirit, right
Say "Jesus".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before Jesus came in flesh he is the Spirit that created everything, per John 1:3, and Isaiah 44:24, and Genesis 1:27, from Genesis 1:1.

this is what make the Godhead a plurality. listen,
Isa 63:5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me".

May we ask anyone is your arm separate from the rest of YOU? no. nor is God "OWN ARM". For God is Spirit, so he has no arms legs ect.. as the Spirit correct, so the same nature was "shared", hence the SAME nature, but the share was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v.

now if it the same Spirit, (and it is), but the share was G2758 κενόω kenoo, now we have the "LORD", before the G2758 κενόω kenoo, and "Lord" after the G2758 κενόω kenoo. BINGO, it's the same PERSON. but how the same person, but yet a plurality? great question, now the great answer.
Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".

so the nature is equal, but how equal but yet G2758 κενόω kenoo? the answer is in the root of "FORM", G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') WHICH ADDRESS THE "EQUAL" NATURE, now the NATURE as the plurality of ONE PERSON, is addressed by the root word itself,
G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).

what is another word for "Portion?".... "SHARE". the Lord Jesus the Christ is God's EQUAL "SHARE" manifested in flesh as a "MAN", that is G2758 κενόω kenoo while in that flesh. notice, notice, "my own arm", once again "MY OWN ARM", brought salvation to me. see Isaiah 63:5 above here in this post.

this is the Godhead in a nutshell. God, G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n. "SHARED EQUALLY" in FLESH as a man without the Godly attributes.

PICJAG.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a concept in our minds taught to us as children that Jesus is a man, typical as any sized man.
Col 2:9 teaches just the opposite.
It teaches that all of what God consists of is housed in the body of Jesus now.
This means Jesus is an omnipresent spirit to "house" all of his omnipresent God.
This also means, since God is light, that Jesus is light(by default).
So, the spirit man, Jesus Christ, is really bodily, omnipresent light.

Your questions and comments are much appreciated here...
Not amazed at all, but the above is more Gnosticism, not Christianity, even misusing and misinterpreting a text from Colossians designed as a polemic against the heresy.