How big is Jesus Christ now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The late healing evangelist Oral Roberts had a vision of a 90ft Jesus at one time...

:rolleyes:.............
default_mellow.png

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When Jesus appears to Muslims in a dream or in their sleep and he is doing this by the thousands, he appears as a normal man but for the supernatural aura around him.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the replies, second let's take your concerns one at a time.
#1. you said, "Jesus is and was never God become flesh". well lets see what the bible say, John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

#2. you said, "God was in the flesh of Jesus. (1 Tim 3:16, 2 Cor 5:19)". if God was in the flesh of Jesus, then Jesus is God, let the scriptures speak. instead of looking at 1 Tim 3:16 look at 1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.". here it is speaking of the Lord Jesus, if he is the "ONLY" one who have immortality, or ETERNAL LIFE, where do that leave the so-called person God you say that was in Jesus flesh? ... well. see your error now? Jesus is that Spirit that was in that flesh.

#3. you said, "Jesus had the baptism of the Holy Ghost and was led of it(Luke 4:1)". did you not read post #43?, oh well, Jesus is the Holy Spirit, "Shared", or diversified in flesh. and in that NATURAL FLESH, the shared spirit was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō'). that's why the anointing of the Spirit while in flesh as a man in the state of being G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō'), to EMPOWER, him, just as each person in the
Church. how many time must I say this?. Jesus as Son is God shared in a G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') body state, please pin this somewhere.

#4. you said, "Jesus said God is a Spirit,... him... him...(not me, me)". me, me, me, (Jesus is now shared in flesh). flesh is not Spirit? well. now ask him that NOW... :cool: if you want, let John tell it. John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." wait, hold the press, Jesus is God, and God is a Spirit?, did you forget Colossians 2:9? "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." BINGO. Jesus is God diversified in flesh.

#5. you said, "Jesus was not even happy to be called good, but refuted a man that tried it and said only God is good(not me is good)".
did Jesus say he was "BAD" the opposit of "Good?". thank you. NOW, Matthew 19:17 "And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." once more, John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.". now understand, while Jesus is in flesh, Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation." where did he condemned "SIN" at? lets see, Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:" oh so that's why call me not good then, because I'm in flesh that will be sinful.

#6. you said, "Fact is, Jesus still has a God while in heaven right now as we speak(Rev 3:12)". do you really want to go with that answer? well lets break Rev 3:12 doen, and "Rightly Divide" the word of truth. Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." did you get that? who name is he writting? my God? lets see, "and I will write upon him my new name". my, my, my, ... new name. see Truther, my, is me, have you forgotten Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me." mine is me, I will write my/"MINE" own name. my God is it that hard to remember? MY/MINE is me. listen and understand, when Jesus the "share" in the flesh body say my Father/God, who art in heaven, he is saying "my/MINE Spirit" that is in heaven.... BINGO. and when Jesus the Spirit, in heaven, who is Father/God, the Holy Spirit say "my Son", he is saying "MY/MINE" Body on earth. the key to understanding JESUS saying "MY" Father/Spirit that's in heaven, or "MY" Son/body on earth, is to understand, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore "mine" own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me." MY is ME. so in Rvelation 3:12, that's JESUS alone. my, my, my...

#7. you said, "Now, how is Jesus God???", Read post #43.

#8. you said, "This man was given a new spirit body by his God, was made omnipresent bodily, fully indwelled by all that his God consists of and is by default, made the express image of his invisible God, or.....God.(Jesus is God by default per the Col 2:9 effect)".
Given a new spirit? are you kidding, Luke 23:46 "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost." NOW lets see this "spirit" that he gave up. Acts 2:33 "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." HOLD IT, Jesus "shed forth" the Holy Spirit, which he was glorified in. lets check the record and see who spirit was poured out. Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:" this is God the Spirit, whom many calls the "Father" of the OT, saying that he, he, he, will pour out ... "HIS" spirit. but in act when the Spirit was poured out who was it that poured out "HIS" Spirit, the Lord JESUS. the Holy Spirit is JESUS. and that means he Father, and son, ..... "Diversified". BINGO. How many ways must I say the same thing over and over?.

the last one, you said, "Now, if someone says not every bit of God is inside Jesus' body, then they rip him right out of God(in their mind) and make him a 5'9" lamb guy". I will say that, ...... before his glorification.. :D hear's why. now this is before he rose... scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."
now, if all of God was in the Lord Jesus in that state of natural flesh was all of God,meaning as you say "EVERY BIT", well Huston we have a BIG problem. for if all of God was in that body and the Spirit that was in the body, G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') himself then there would be no one running or upholding the universe. :eek: so that want fly. listen, Hebrews 2:14 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;" now if you say that this is a different person from Jesus, then you have two Gods. and if you say no, it one person with the same nature, then you're saying only a part of God was in that flesh and now you still have two Gods. listen, and understand, when he was resurrected and glorified, now all, every bit of God is in that Body, for now he Jesus as before can send his, his, his, Spirit, any and every where and be in "Intrinsic Spatial", with a body at a present place and time. ... :p

Oh this is so simple if one just simply read the bible, with the Holy Spirit, and LEARN from him..

PICJAG.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus appears to Muslims in a dream or in their sleep and he is doing this by the thousands, he appears as a normal man but for the supernatural aura around him.

Never mind all that action, it ain't even important. If Satan can convince us that God is formless, as if he cannot be definitively identified as a fully autonomous entity just like his image bearers can, and like his son can be identified right now in heaven as our high priest, then that makes it a lot easier for Satan to replace God as the most high. He can claim to be any damn thing he wants for crying out loud. I'm 100% convinced that this is the true motive behind this nonsense. It is said that the best trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist, and this is, and will be the shining example of it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is much easier....

Col 2:9 For in him, all the fullness of the Godhead dwelleth in him bodily.

Godhead
[ god-hed ]
SEE SYNONYMS FOR Godhead ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
  1. the essential being of God; the Supreme Being.

Meaning...all of the essential being of God inside Jesus, bodily...not a part of God.
Correct, this is the
G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n.
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2316]
KJV: godhead
Root(s): G2316

G1849, exousia, Authority, and G1411, dunamis, ABILITY, MIGHT of God in a Glorified nature

let me put forth a table that might help you understand this term "Godhead"

#1. G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n. (Authority, and ABILITY, MIGHT of God in a Glorified nature)
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2316]

#2. G2305 θειότης theiotes (thei-o'-tees) n. Authority in Image of God in human nature
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2304]
Root(s): G2304
supportive scipture: Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

#3. G2304 θεῖος theios (thei'-os) adj. (Authority of God in nature to use his power to overcome).
godlike (neuter as noun, divinity).
[from G2316]
KJV: divine, godhead
supportive scripture: Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. (as offspring we were given “authority)

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Another word for dominion is authority

2Pet 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

we have the Authority of God to overcome.

PICJAG

Reactions: Truther

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a concept in our minds taught to us as children that Jesus is a man, typical as any sized man.
Col 2:9 teaches just the opposite.
It teaches that all of what God consists of is housed in the body of Jesus now.
This means Jesus is an omnipresent spirit to "house" all of his omnipresent God.
This also means, since God is light, that Jesus is light(by default).
So, the spirit man, Jesus Christ, is really bodily, omnipresent light.

Your questions and comments are much appreciated here...

The Pharisees believed in an omnipresent God. They reasoned that since “God was everywhere, He could be worshiped both in and outside the Temple, and was not to be invoked by sacrifices alone. They thus fostered the synagogue as a place of worship, study, and prayer, and raised it to a central and important place in the life of the people which rivaled the Temple.”—Encyclopaedia Judaica.

The Pharisees lacked appreciation for Jehovah’s temple. This can be seen from Jesus’ words: “Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is under obligation.’ Fools and blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gold or the temple that has sanctified the gold? Also, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is under obligation.’ Blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? Therefore he that swears by the altar is swearing by it and by all the things on it.”—Matthew 23:16-20.

How could the Pharisees become so twisted in their reasoning? What were they overlooking? Note what Jesus says next. “And he that swears by the temple is swearing by it and by him that is inhabiting it.” (Matthew 23:21) Concerning this verse, scholar E. P. Sanders observed: “The temple was holy not only because the holy God was worshipped there, but also because he was there.” (Judaism: Practice and Belief, 63 BCE—66 CE) However, Jehovah’s special presence would mean little to those who thought that he was everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Col 2:9 is saying is that he is both truly God and truly man. But yes, Jesus manifests himself in a glorified human body.
No it does not.

It says all of God is inside Jesus. That's it.

It does not in any way say that.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic is How big is Jesus Christ now?

The answer is we don't know because he is spirit and spirits do not have bodies.
Well, that idea of a spirit not having a body is the exact opposite of what Col 2:9 is saying.

Also...

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another....

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Reactions: 101G

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never said there was a "3rd person". The holy spirit is the power emanating from the Father that he sends in his sons name. That's what John 14 actually states.

The most Romans 8 has to say about the "Spirit of God" in relation to Jesus is it being credited with raising him from the dead in verse 11. There is God, and then there is the holy spirit, that same "Spirit of God" that moved upon the face of the deep in the very first chapter of the book.

In Jesus dwells the very essence of God bodily, because he is "the word", but in us dwells the holy spirit in our heart. The key difference is the former is a statement of his deity, which we are nothing of the sort, unless you are claiming to be of the Godhead.

default_rolleyes.gif
Well whoopee freaking do, back to this tired argument about the trinity again. Your formless blob of light description of God is as pagan as the hot garbage promoted by new ager's and Gnostic's, two sides of the same pile of kangaroo feces.

Jesus is light.....

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus ....

8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.

9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me....

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it:....

The "light blob" you defined is Jesus Christ, lighting all the new heaven and new earth in shadowless light(everywhere).

Get used to it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's break the chains of false teaching today. the Godhead is only one Person, and that's Jesus who is the Holy Spirit.

the titles, "Father", and "Son" are not persons but only titles of the same one person, JESUS "SHARED" in another form.

the Holy Spirit is the ONLY person in the Godhead, and the Holy Spirit name is JESUS. if christian can understand just this one concept, then all these false debates, and teaching will vanish.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's break the chains of false teaching today. the Godhead is only one Person, and that's Jesus who is the Holy Spirit.

the titles, "Father", and "Son" are not persons but only titles of the same one person, JESUS "SHARED" in another form.

the Holy Spirit is the ONLY person in the Godhead, and the Holy Spirit name is JESUS. if christian can understand just this one concept, then all these false debates, and teaching will vanish.

PICJAG.
Right.

The Godhead is only one person.

All of that one person(all He consists of) is inside the omnipresent human spirit of a man, Christ Jesus.

It's that easy....

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and man: the man Christ Jesus.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and that mediator is God himself, "The Holy Spirit".. lets see how big JESUS is.
MEDIATOR:
Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one." who is the Mediator? ... God himself in the likeness of a man. scripture, Hebrews 6:13 "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself," so lets see this,
1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" so Jesus is the the "advocate", so what do advocate mean? well lets see,

ADVOCATE: G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter
Root(s): G3844, G2822

say waht? Jesus is the COMFORTER? yes the same COMFORTER in John 14.

and a "MEDIATOR" is an intercessor
MEDIATOR: G3316 μεσίτης mesites (me-siy'-tees) n.
1. a go-between.
2. (simply) a spokesman.
3. (by implication) a reconciler (intercessor).
[from G3319]
KJV: mediator
Root(s): G3319

HOLD it, is not a "Comforter" a an intercessor?, see the definition #2. of ADVOCATE: G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.

JESUS is that mediator, (but God is one), who is "COMFORTER",

Jesus is getting bigger, and bigger

My source for these definition is the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says the fullness of God. It does not say all of God.
what do "of" means? "of" translates the genitive case of nouns, with various shades of meaning. Of these the subjective and objective are mentioned here, which need careful distinction. now is God "subjective? yes, because he is a Spirit. what is all of God, meaning "fulness" is the whole or being or the completion of God is in that body. other words all that is God in personality and attributes, is found in this glorified body. and from this body emanats all the attributes of, of, of, God.

PICJAG.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what do "of" means? "of" translates the genitive case of nouns, with various shades of meaning. Of these the subjective and objective are mentioned here, which need careful distinction. now is God "subjective? yes, because he is a Spirit. what is all of God, meaning "fulness" is the whole or being or the completion of God is in that body. other words all that is God in personality and attributes, is found in this glorified body. and from this body emanats all the attributes of, of, of, God.

PICJAG.
It means the person of Jesus is truly God just like the Father and Spirit are both truly God. But they are three persons in one essence. So no, not ALL of God is in Jesus but the fullness of Deity. He is truly God.