How big is Jesus Christ now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Say "Jesus".
i suggest that we are given an idolized version of Jesus, and "Christ" is more likely what should be comprehended, as the Scripture you Quoted even leads us to, wadr

now i know this is a hard thing to accept, and fwiw i dont even expect you to agree right now, but see No son of man may die for another's sins is in There, too, right? Which you can either ignore or assimilate for yourself, but after all it is Scripture, not going anywhere anytime soon, etc
I know exactly what it means. It means every bit of what God consists of is in the body of Jesus.

Anything less is a demotion of Jesus himself.
Jesus (Joshua, actually) was the most "common" name in the world then, and fwiw "Christ" was not like His last name or anything, right? So i suggest that this same "Jesus," that we are all taught to worship in pretty much our first day in "church," is actually represented as our "vehicle" into a place called heaven in the "afterlife," is that pretty close?

give me some of that red stew, for i am so hungry i'm about to die!

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets clear up some misconceptions,
God thought it not robbery to be equal with God? Are you sure?

Or, the man, Christ Jesus, the only begotten, sinless son of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God?
I worship God THROUGH Jesus, not as Jesus or around or alongside Jesus.
lets start with this one first, "How can a man be in one place and be omnipresent?". he was not omnipresent while in natural flesh, because of the lack of attributes. listen, Jesus the Holy Spirit, the "equal" SHARE was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') while in that NATURAL BODY of FLESH. ok. so what was G2758 κενόω kenoo? answer, the attributes, G2320, Theiotes. hence why he was Given the Spirit. for he said in, John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I". GREATER in "quantity", and not in "quality". so in NATURE/quality, both are "EQUAL", (both?, meaning his own ARM /the now equal share of his OWNself, (Isa 63:5). but because of the G2758 κενόω kenoo, he was not "EQUAL", in "quantity" while in that natural flesh, but equal in nature, which is spirit, but in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state as a man.

now your next concern, "Jesus along side?". NO, JESUS is God in flesh as the "diversity" of his OWNSELF himself. what do we mean, Jesus is the EQUAL SHARE of OWNself G2758 κενόω kenoo in natural flesh. scripture, Isa 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me". this is "diversified oneness" better known in scriptures as the "OFFSPRING". lets see it, Rev 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star".
"Offspring", it is the Greek word
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096

there is our word, "diversity". the Lord Jesus is the KINsman Redeemer, as a man, (who is equal with the Spirit in nature, Phil 2:6). he God redeemed us. and the Redeemer is the First and the last which are other titles Jesus as Spirit and as in natural flesh as a man hold. scripture, Isa 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God". BINGO. first here is the Spirit, Genesis 1:1, and the Last, equally "shared" in flesh as a man, John 1:1. - 1:3.

and your other concern, "sinless son of God". the very first thing one needs to understand is that son sinply means, "character", or the "characteristics" of God in natural Flesh. this is describe as
G2305 θειότης theiotes (thei-o'-tees) n.
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2304]
KJV: godhead
Root(s): G2304
supportive scripture, Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse". so the authority man has in God "image" is God given

now this same "Son" glorified in flesh as he is today is describe as G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n.
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2316]
Root(s): G2316
supportive scripture, Col 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily”.
here the Godhead is describing the Lord Jesus Authority, and ABILITY, MIGHT in a Glorified nature. when our Lord said, "ALL POWER", he means just that, all of the, G1411, dunamis, as well as all of the, G1849, exousia . what he had as "Spirit", he now has as, as, as, a "man" in likeness of his own IMAGE that was to come in the fullness of time, now in a glorified body. that's why he said, "I go to the Father", in John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I". WHY GO TO THE FATHER? answer, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was". what is the Glory of "thine own self?", the Spirit, the Holy Spirit himself. now in a glorified body, he as the Holy Spirit, in a GLORIFIED BODY can now, as you saked, "be everywhere at the same time", just as he did as Spirit who, before, had no body of flesh and bone. that's why Col 2:9 is so true, "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily", all of God, G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n is in that glorified body, supportive scripture, and two more in A, and B. listen, Rev 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth". not the "Lamb of, of, of, God, but the Lamb. this is how I know that God is one Spirit, who is Jesus, not 3 seperate and distinct persons, no, only one who is sahred equally in flesh, the "diversified" one. now the other two scriptures,

A. Matt 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth". (Col 2:9).

B. Rev 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created". (Col 2:9).

Oh how so easy to understand the Godhead. God, who is "ONE" person/the Holy Spirit, "Diversified" himself, (Isa 63:5) in natural flesh in the Likeness as a man, (Phil 2:7 & 8), died for our sin, and was resurrected, and "GLORIFIED" in a new body, (Luke 24:39 and John 17:5).

oh how easy it is to know the TRUTH concering our "SAVIOUR". JESUS the Spirit, the Holy Spirit "diversified" in flesh.

PICJAG.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can a man be in one place and be omnipresent?.......

This means that Jesus is an invisible omnipresent(everywhere at one time, bodily) spirit, but can appear in any form He wants to appear as

default_doh.gif
Um, no, scripture teaches that Jesus is everywhere present by and through the holy spirit. Its very simple really, Jesus can be in one be place while being omnipresent for the same reason his Father is, because he has the Holy Spirit, which goes going to and fro the earth serving as his "eyes". It is through his "eyes" that he see's all, knows all, and is everywhere present. He is not some formless, all encompassing blob of light as portrayed by many ill informed Christians and by the new age movement, whose definition of "Gods" omnipresence comes directly from old pantheistic beliefs, Hinduism and Taoism being chief among them.

(Zechariah 4:1-2) "And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep, {2} And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:"...........

(Zechariah 4:4-6) "So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord? {5} Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. {6} Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.".........

(Zechariah 4:10) "For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth."

(Revelation 4:1-2) "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. {2} And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.".....

(Revelation 4:5) "And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God."

(Revelation 5:6) "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."

In other words, the Bible attributes his omnipresence to the holy spirit, but God himself most definitely has a form much like ours, and is described throughout as being in defined locations, such as Mount Sinai, the Tabernacle, the temple, sitting on a throne in heaven, etc.

Question....

Colossians 2:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Yes, or no?

Yes, but the verse is not a statement of his actual size or his presence, but of his power. Lets not quote scripture out of context and post the rest of it, for once.

(Colossians 2:10) "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"

Its because of his dominion over all things that we can put our trust in him, and not in human philosophy and vain deceit, which is what Paul was referring to in previous verses.

(Colossians 2:1-8) "For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; {2} That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; {3} In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. {4} And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words. {5} For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. {6} As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: {7} Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. {8} Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."

I consider this eastern religious concept of Gods omnipresence you espouse to be a shining example of philosophy and vain deceit. We must be very, very careful about what we believe and spread to others about who God is and his nature. Satan wants to be like God, so we don't have a choice in this matter. We have to get this right, otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to whatever false doctrine, or philosophy, or "science falsely so called", as Paul put it, that I believe will surely rear its ugly head in the near future telling us what "God" is supposed to be. Its either gonna be us telling the world who and what God is, correctly, or its gonna be the world telling us about God, which I fully expect will be peddled under the guise of "science".
default_dry.png

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
default_doh.gif
Um, no, scripture teaches that Jesus is everywhere present by and through the holy spirit. Its very simple really, Jesus can be in one be place while being omnipresent for the same reason his Father is, because he has the Holy Spirit, which goes going to and fro the earth serving as his "eyes". It is through his "eyes" that he see's all, knows all, and is everywhere present. He is not some formless, all encompassing blob of light as portrayed by many ill informed Christians and by the new age movement, whose definition of "Gods" omnipresence comes directly from old pantheistic beliefs, Hinduism and Taoism being chief among them.

In other words, the Bible attributes his omnipresence to the holy spirit, but God himself most definitely has a form much like ours, and is described throughout as being in defined locations, such as Mount Sinai, the Tabernacle, the temple, sitting on a throne in heaven, etc.

Yes, but the verse is not a statement of his actual size or his presence, but of his power. Lets not quote scripture out of context and post the rest of it, for once.

Its because of his dominion over all things that we can put our trust in him, and not in human philosophy and vain deceit, which is what Paul was referring to in previous verses.

I consider this eastern religious concept of Gods omnipresence you espouse to be a shining example of philosophy and vain deceit. We must be very, very careful about what we believe and spread to others about who God is and his nature. Satan wants to be like God, so we don't have a choice in this matter. We have to get this right, otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to whatever false doctrine, or philosophy, or "science falsely so called", as Paul put it, that I believe will surely rear its ugly head in the near future telling us what "God" is supposed to be. Its either gonna be us telling the world who and what God is, correctly, or its gonna be the world telling us about God, which I fully expect will be peddled under the guise of "science".
default_dry.png

No, Jesus does not have the Holy Ghost in heaven because he and his Father combined are the Holy Ghost in us.

In John 14 he said he and his Father will make their abode with us.

It excludes a 3rd person.

Romans 8 teaches that the spirit of Jesus and the Spirit of God are the Holy Ghost.

What we have Biblically is there is one God, and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

Thats it...no 3rd person.

The Father is a divine Holy Spirit, which is inside the human spirit son of God, making God inside Christ, inside us.

A multiplicity of deities as per trinity etc, is not Biblical at all, but pagan in origin. This is why the definition of trinity was invented and promoted by the RCC.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets clear up some misconceptions,

lets start with this one first, "How can a man be in one place and be omnipresent?". he was not omnipresent while in natural flesh, because of the lack of attributes. listen, Jesus the Holy Spirit, the "equal" SHARE was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') while in that NATURAL BODY of FLESH. ok. so what was G2758 κενόω kenoo? answer, the attributes, G2320, Theiotes. hence why he was Given the Spirit. for he said in, John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I". GREATER in "quantity", and not in "quality". so in NATURE/quality, both are "EQUAL", (both?, meaning his own ARM /the now equal share of his OWNself, (Isa 63:5). but because of the G2758 κενόω kenoo, he was not "EQUAL", in "quantity" while in that natural flesh, but equal in nature, which is spirit, but in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state as a man.

now your next concern, "Jesus along side?". NO, JESUS is God in flesh as the "diversity" of his OWNSELF himself. what do we mean, Jesus is the EQUAL SHARE of OWNself G2758 κενόω kenoo in natural flesh. scripture, Isa 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me". this is "diversified oneness" better known in scriptures as the "OFFSPRING". lets see it, Rev 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star".
"Offspring", it is the Greek word
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096

there is our word, "diversity". the Lord Jesus is the KINsman Redeemer, as a man, (who is equal with the Spirit in nature, Phil 2:6). he God redeemed us. and the Redeemer is the First and the last which are other titles Jesus as Spirit and as in natural flesh as a man hold. scripture, Isa 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God". BINGO. first here is the Spirit, Genesis 1:1, and the Last, equally "shared" in flesh as a man, John 1:1. - 1:3.

and your other concern, "sinless son of God". the very first thing one needs to understand is that son sinply means, "character", or the "characteristics" of God in natural Flesh. this is describe as
G2305 θειότης theiotes (thei-o'-tees) n.
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2304]
Root(s): G2304
supportive scripture, Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse". so the authority man has in God "image" is God given

now this same "Son" glorified in flesh as he is today is describe as G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n.
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2316]
Root(s): G2316
supportive scripture, Col 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily”.
here the Godhead is describing the Lord Jesus Authority, and ABILITY, MIGHT in a Glorified nature. when our Lord said, "ALL POWER", he means just that, all of the, G1411, dunamis, as well as all of the, G1849, exousia . what he had as "Spirit", he now has as, as, as, a "man" in likeness of his own IMAGE that was to come in the fullness of time, now in a glorified body. that's why he said, "I go to the Father", in John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I". WHY GO TO THE FATHER? answer, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was". what is the Glory of "thine own self?", the Spirit, the Holy Spirit himself. now in a glorified body, he as the Holy Spirit, in a GLORIFIED BODY can now, as you saked, "be everywhere at the same time", just as he did as Spirit who, before, had no body of flesh and bone. that's why Col 2:9 is so true, "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily", all of God, G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n is in that glorified body, supportive scripture, and two more in A, and B. listen, Rev 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth". not the "Lamb of, of, of, God, but the Lamb. this is how I know that God is one Spirit, who is Jesus, not 3 seperate and distinct persons, no, only one who is sahred equally in flesh, the "diversified" one. now the other two scriptures,

A. Matt 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth". (Col 2:9).

B. Rev 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created". (Col 2:9).

Oh how so easy to understand the Godhead. God, who is "ONE" person/the Holy Spirit, "Diversified" himself, (Isa 63:5) in natural flesh in the Likeness as a man, (Phil 2:7 & 8), died for our sin, and was resurrected, and "GLORIFIED" in a new body, (Luke 24:39 and John 17:5).

oh how easy it is to know the TRUTH concering our "SAVIOUR". JESUS the Spirit, the Holy Spirit "diversified" in flesh.

PICJAG.
Jesus is and was never God become flesh.

God was in the flesh of Jesus. (1 Tim 3:16, 2 Cor 5:19)

Jesus had the baptism of the Holy Ghost and was led of it(Luke 4:1)

Jesus said God is a Spirit,... him... him...(not me, me).

Jesus was not even happy to be called good, but refuted a man that tried it and said only God is good(not me is good).

Fact is, Jesus still has a God while in heaven right now as we speak(Rev 3:12).

Now, how is Jesus God???

Exactly, because of the Col 2:9 effect on his body that was made a quickening spirit after being raised from the dead(1 Cor 15).

This man was given a new spirit body by his God, was made omnipresent bodily, fully indwelled by all that his God consists of and is by default, made the express image of his invisible God, or.....God.(Jesus is God by default per the Col 2:9 effect).

Now, if someone says not every bit of God is inside Jesus' body, then they rip him right out of God(in their mind) and make him a 5'9" lamb guy.

Not cool.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:20
They quote it, but don't teach it.

They teach God and Jesus or God is/was Jesus, not God in(inside) Jesus.

the Bible explicitly teaches God INSIDE Jesus.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i suggest that we are given an idolized version of Jesus, and "Christ" is more likely what should be comprehended, as the Scripture you Quoted even leads us to, wadr

now i know this is a hard thing to accept, and fwiw i dont even expect you to agree right now, but see No son of man may die for another's sins is in There, too, right? Which you can either ignore or assimilate for yourself, but after all it is Scripture, not going anywhere anytime soon, etc

Jesus (Joshua, actually) was the most "common" name in the world then, and fwiw "Christ" was not like His last name or anything, right? So i suggest that this same "Jesus," that we are all taught to worship in pretty much our first day in "church," is actually represented as our "vehicle" into a place called heaven in the "afterlife," is that pretty close?

give me some of that red stew, for i am so hungry i'm about to die!
No, say "Jesus" and don't you forget it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not amazed at all, but the above is more Gnosticism, not Christianity, even misusing and misinterpreting a text from Colossians designed as a polemic against the heresy.
Do you think all of God is inside Jesus bodily, per Col 2:9?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just told you that Jesus is God. Not just a Man.
I agree that Jesus is God...by default.

But, do you agree with Paul here?....

For there is one God and one mediator between God and man; the man Christ Jesus.

God and a man, right?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before Jesus came in flesh he is the Spirit that created everything, per John 1:3, and Isaiah 44:24, and Genesis 1:27, from Genesis 1:1.

this is what make the Godhead a plurality. listen,
Isa 63:5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me".

May we ask anyone is your arm separate from the rest of YOU? no. nor is God "OWN ARM". For God is Spirit, so he has no arms legs ect.. as the Spirit correct, so the same nature was "shared", hence the SAME nature, but the share was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v.

now if it the same Spirit, (and it is), but the share was G2758 κενόω kenoo, now we have the "LORD", before the G2758 κενόω kenoo, and "Lord" after the G2758 κενόω kenoo. BINGO, it's the same PERSON. but how the same person, but yet a plurality? great question, now the great answer.
Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".

so the nature is equal, but how equal but yet G2758 κενόω kenoo? the answer is in the root of "FORM", G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') WHICH ADDRESS THE "EQUAL" NATURE, now the NATURE as the plurality of ONE PERSON, is addressed by the root word itself,
G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).

what is another word for "Portion?".... "SHARE". the Lord Jesus the Christ is God's EQUAL "SHARE" manifested in flesh as a "MAN", that is G2758 κενόω kenoo while in that flesh. notice, notice, "my own arm", once again "MY OWN ARM", brought salvation to me. see Isaiah 63:5 above here in this post.

this is the Godhead in a nutshell. God, G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n. "SHARED EQUALLY" in FLESH as a man without the Godly attributes.

PICJAG.
This is much easier....

Col 2:9 For in him, all the fullness of the Godhead dwelleth in him bodily.

Godhead
[ god-hed ]
SEE SYNONYMS FOR Godhead ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
  1. the essential being of God; the Supreme Being.

Meaning...all of the essential being of God inside Jesus, bodily...not a part of God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP is idiotic at best.....
Debate the idiot if you can.

Do you think Col 2:9 is saying all of God is inside Jesus, or do you think Jesus is only a 6' ish glorified flesh, man part of God?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus does not have the Holy Ghost in heaven because he and his Father combined are the Holy Ghost in us.

In John 14 he said he and his Father will make their abode with us.

It excludes a 3rd person.

Never said there was a "3rd person". The holy spirit is the power emanating from the Father that he sends in his sons name. That's what John 14 actually states.

Romans 8 teaches that the spirit of Jesus and the Spirit of God are the Holy Ghost.

The most Romans 8 has to say about the "Spirit of God" in relation to Jesus is it being credited with raising him from the dead in verse 11. There is God, and then there is the holy spirit, that same "Spirit of God" that moved upon the face of the deep in the very first chapter of the book.

The Father is a divine Holy Spirit, which is inside the human spirit son of God, making God inside Christ, inside us.

In Jesus dwells the very essence of God bodily, because he is "the word", but in us dwells the holy spirit in our heart. The key difference is the former is a statement of his deity, which we are nothing of the sort, unless you are claiming to be of the Godhead.

A multiplicity of deities as per trinity etc, is not Biblical at all, but pagan in origin. This is why the definition of trinity was invented and promoted by the RCC.

default_rolleyes.gif
Well whoopee freaking do, back to this tired argument about the trinity again. Your formless blob of light description of God is as pagan as the hot garbage promoted by new ager's and Gnostic's, two sides of the same pile of kangaroo feces.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How big is Jesus now? I am confused! Especially as the bible says....

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever! - Hebrews 13:8

Reactions: Dcopymope

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How big is Jesus now? I am confused! Especially as the bible says....

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever! - Hebrews 13:8

Apparently God was increased somehow by his son in size, or vice versa......:confused:......In his mind, this convoluted garbage makes sense because of his assumptions of the nature, the appearance of God himself as "formless omnipresent light". Where in the burning koala is this crap coming from? It ain't in the Bible.

Reactions: rockytopva

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sick & tired of seeing this hot garbage. Its freaking everywhere, its on TV, in movies like Star Wars as "the force", promoted by "Christians", new ager's, Gnostic's, and I'm starting to see it slowly creep its way into "science falsely so called". It makes my skin crawl, makes me suspicious. I see a major deception brewing, by the boiling frog method. This might be the "lie" that succeeds the "strong delusion" Paul was talking about.
default_dry.png

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a concept in our minds taught to us as children that Jesus is a man, typical as any sized man.
Col 2:9 teaches just the opposite.
It teaches that all of what God consists of is housed in the body of Jesus now.
This means Jesus is an omnipresent spirit to "house" all of his omnipresent God.
This also means, since God is light, that Jesus is light(by default).
So, the spirit man, Jesus Christ, is really bodily, omnipresent light.

Your questions and comments are much appreciated here...

The topic is How big is Jesus Christ now?

The answer is we don't know because he is spirit and spirits do not have bodies.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic is How big is Jesus Christ now?

The answer is we don't know because he is spirit and spirits do not have bodies.

Its not that they don't have bodies, just not bodies like we do, as Jesus put it. They do however have a form like we do, or a shape, and that's about as much as anyone can claim to know about them.

(John 5:37) "And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape."

So Jesus says he has a shape, but the O.P, new ager's, Gnostic's, are all claiming the exact opposite. You can best believe that this garbage is coming directly from Satan, I'm 100% positive it is. I smell a rat.