How can a christian publish a book?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
Few years ago I saw a man chained to the National Library (Biblioteca Nacional) in Montevideo Uruguay. He was trying to call the attention of the people because he did write a christian book and no one christian editorial was taking him seriously. For making my story more dramatic, I will tell you that I have to see him allways on my way to my church. And every day I was thinkig how crazy and out of mind that guy was. Eventually he quite in his atempt and simply I didnt know anything else.

Some time later I was trying to get a book published; and commenced to experience that same guy experience. It is that no body at all is accepting a manuscript to even read it. My book was rejected even before mentioning the name or giving a clue of the contain. Is was irrelevant what the book were or how good it could be. The book was rejected and had nor cance to be published even before I commenced to writing it. The day I commenced writing it, it was already decided not to be published. Not my book, not that guy book, not anybody book.

Offcourse I tried to get some progress with my pastor, with my church, with my denomination. Is that my denomination has a editorial of it own. But all was useless. My pastor not even took a look to what i have write.

Eventually I wlaked into a Baptist Book Shop. I aproaches the tender and I told him of my situation. He answer me back: "No chance. You know that the Baptist have a editorial, but there is impossible for you to have a book published". I replied: "Why? I have preapared not a one more book, but a very important book with very good things in it". He honestly told me:"It is not a matter of how good your book is. Some years ago, a baptist member had the same situation you have, claiming to write a very important book. But the baptist editorial never recieved his manuscript. and he ended chained to the Biblioteca Nacional".

It is not a joke. It is that the churches have a closed system in wich they reject all manuscripts. Seat heaters (those persons that go to church on sunday, seat to warm the seat, and walk away until next sunday) are welcome in the church. But those christians that study the Bible are very bad for the chruch and it is necesary to discourage them from learning and specially from studying, and more importat, stop them from sharing what they have learned or discover.

Is it any Chrtistian Editorial accepting manuscripts to be examined?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Goinheix

You have it all wrong . Let me explain. First of all you could type and print your own pages at home , put a staple in it , put a cover on it , and you have a book. Anybody can do that. Nobody can stop you.

Now the hard part. Try see if you can get somebody to give you $19.95 for it. Not so easy. You may have a book that nobody wants to buy or wants to read. You have no market. A book without a market is simply a stack of unopened paper sitting on a shelf.

Would you now expect a "publisher" to spend $5000 to print a thousand copies to sit on the shelf ?? ....NO !! Would you expect hundreds of booksellers to put your book on their shelves that nobody may want ?? .... NO !!! Why should they.

The biggest underlying problem is that EVERY AUTHOR thinks they have something special. The trouble is that you need thousands of OTHER PEOPLE who think your work is special. Then you have something. Then you have a market. Then a publisher might be interested.

Test your writing and book talents right where you are. Print a couple of rough drafts in your home and see if you can sell them. If your book (story) is indeed good , people WILL CALL YOU wanting more copies. Then you have something.

Or start your own blog (Using your book content). See if you can gain a following of readers. If so , you at least have something worth publishing maybe. You can also self-publish your book. Not hard to do and not all that expensive. But you still end up with cases of books in your basement unless you have a marketing system. Marketing is everything. That is what the book business is all about. But first you must determine if you have something people will pay you to read

Best regards.
Arnie

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"How can a christian publish a book?"

-- Simple. First confirm that that is God wants you to do.
If it is His will, he will not only direct you, but open doors for you.
If it isn't His will, don't even bother...

"For he opens doors no one can close, and closes doors no one can open."