How can any of you stand it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Victory, sure wish you would try vaping. The day I started 17 years ago, this June, I've never once looked back. There is a learning curve, especially not that they have so many models.
Vaping is bad for the lungs too.

"Breathing in the harmful chemicals from vaping products can cause irreversible (cannot be cured) lung damage, lung disease and, in some cases, death. Some chemicals in vaping products can also cause cardiovascular disease and biological changes that are associated with cancer development." - Canadian Lung Association

Jesus came to set us free from these things, as our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 6
[19] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
[20] For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Galatians 5
[17] For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh do take your high and mighty act elsewhere
@Apache1 thinking about you this morning while reading a passage in the Word. You didn’t respond several times to my comments earlier, so I’m thinking maybe I’ve been put on ignore. But still, this is the verse that made me think of some of your comments. Regarding why do we (you said innocent) be included under Adam and Eves interaction with the serpent? Why (must we all)be included under a choice a prideful fallen angel made that we were not even there (present) for. If I understood you correctly you suggested how stupid and unfair that is and a bully action of God. How Unfair it is to be included under as in Adam all die… asserting “I didn’t do anything wrong” to be punished for what some fallen angels vanity- trip, power-trip, long ago…action did. Wanted to share with you that in my opinion being included in the “all die” in Adam is such a hopeful thing in that “all” die.
Why is that “all” hopeful?
How is that “all“ hopeful? When we were not even there during Adam and Eves subjection to the vanity of a boastful-tongued serpent?
Because it doesn’t end there… there is another “all” we Hope (expect) in Christ. “So also (as in Adam all died)in Christ all will be made Alive.”
Just an opinion but if we squabble over it is not fair to be included under the all in Adam die, wanting to remove ourselves out from under the all…then to me it is as good as watering- down the ALL in Christ(action) will be made Alive, which we don’t want to be removed from that ALL. when same as with Adam and Eve we may have not been there but we can’t deny all were made subject to vanity. To say all was not made subject to vanity is a lie because how can you live in the world and NOT be subjected to vanity??

Yet, same as we may not have been there (literally) when Christ was crucified, but want to be included in all in Him were made (by His action) subject to Hope in Him, all made Alive unto God in Him.
See that “all” they will tell you only includes those in Him…but the Word says nothing was left outside of Him, nothing left out that wasn’t made subject to Him, that all things be made subject to Him. (Not subject to vanity, but made subject of Hope)Leaving nothing out. In Adam being all made subject to vanity, and death. In Christ all being made subject to Hope, made Alive unto God. Yes, not seeing yet all things made subject or put under Him, but expecting, Hoping …all things under Christ. Is a good thing in my opinion. Point is…Even if you roll your eyes and huff it is not fair to die because of a fallen angels sin(action)…many would likewise vainly roll there eyes and huff in the same way at you that it isn’t fair that all are made Alive unto God in (the action) of Christ…to exclude you from that Hope of the “all” subject to the Hope of Christ. Do you see both sides rolling their eyes? Yours rolling because it isn’t fair all to be included because of what satan did, and others rolling because it isn’t fair all to be included because of what Christ did?

Last edited:

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well look at it this way

God and Jesus are alone in the universe as no other beings have been created yet

Why would they decide to go ahead with Satan, the Fall, human history, and Jesus dying

Instead of doing something else entirely

And of course the most irritating thing about being on this planet, which is no matter what you do you just have to sleep and do it all again

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well look at it this way

God and Jesus are alone in the universe as no other beings have been created yet

Why would they decide to go ahead with Satan, the Fall, human history, and Jesus dying

Instead of doing something else entirely

And of course the most irritating thing about being on this planet, which is no matter what you do you just have to sleep and do it all again
I get the hopelessness of “what is this all for?” And questioning “did it have to be this way.” Especially acknowledging some hard conversations with loved ones of news of I’m sick, or this happened, or this was lost …the bad news that comes often over and over of something painful that knocks you off your feet and on to your bottom. Personally I get stuck in the same “this sucks. What bad news is coming next? I don’t think I can stand hearing any more.” Because if I live to be as old as my mother who is ninety-two there is going to be news of death, and pain, and deterioration and loss and grief.

That is not the point though.
Trying to show you’re shaking a fist at God that you know best and how it isn’t fair. All made subject to vanity in satan.

That there is also the same shaking a fist at God that they know best and how it isn’t fair. All made subject to Hope in Christ. —which is vanity that it isn’t fair God, all subjected to Hope. Vanity saying it isn’t fair(they don’t deserve it), because it is not, was not their action —-but Christ’s. That is my hope when the bad news keeps coming, that God is full of Mercy.

Reactions: Nancy

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How is it shaking a fist at God to ask why he would decide to create Lucifer and have have Jesus die instead of doing something else entirely

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it shaking a fist at God to ask why he would decide to create Lucifer and have have Jesus die instead of doing something else entirely
You are ignoring the same as all die in Adam, all are made Alive unto God in Christ. Only seeing the all die in Adam. I’m trying to think of a comparison. This is a bad one but it is all I can think of. When I needed MS medication that would cost thousands a bottle to have…our supposed good insurance said they don’t pay for specialty medicine. Well I cried and cried so worried because there was no way I could pay for it then. I didn’t know it was all about money and greed, and the insurance company knew they would get out of paying.

After crying a couple days over how unfair it was, angry and hopeless…I received a call that said “we heard you need to apply for free help with your medication.” A short phone call and a few questions and they said “your medication will be delivered on your doorstep in less than a week.” And ever since then I get all the medication for free. I have no doubt the insurance knew if they turned me down then it wouldn’t have to pay and someone else would.

Bad analogy but if I were only focused on how unfair the insurance company is and how greedy …I would loose sight of what I’ve been given free to help my disease. Do I blame the one helping treat my disease when I was so angry, so scared, that I could not afford it. Or put the blame where it belongs on greed and not really caring that I was left crying for days feeling hopeless. Point is…if all your focus is on “why do all die in Adam” spit on that greedy vain serpent and all that …you miss same as “all are made Alive in Christ.” Rising up to your feet and saying “Thank You God” for Hope in Christ!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No I'm not ignoring that

I'm starting from before Adam was created.

It's like if you were a writer and decided to have a character die so another character could save him. Why would you decide to go that route

Also, that's another point entirely. What relevance does something like insurance have to God/Jesus/Adam/Eve/Satan

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vaping is bad for the lungs too.

"Breathing in the harmful chemicals from vaping products can cause irreversible (cannot be cured) lung damage, lung disease and, in some cases, death. Some chemicals in vaping products can also cause cardiovascular disease and biological changes that are associated with cancer development." - Canadian Lung Association

Jesus came to set us free from these things, as our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 6
[19] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
[20] For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Galatians 5
[17] For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Well, you're gonna have COPD anywayif you smoke which is irreversible (but can be slowed down).
I love the Lord, and couldn't quit smoking I prayed and prayed. Then (and I think God gave this idea to me. Start out vaping at full e juice percent, then taper off the % of nicotine. I did that and over time, went to 0% nicotine, and thendid that for two days and thew my vape pen away. It's been like 5 + years, and over 10 since I smoked. My voice, which was rough, came back unrough with a few months after switching to vape.
Now I don't smoke or vape, and I believe God gave me that plan.
The good thing is God takes people where they are. Maybe some of us have more addictive personalities--we don't know what others are going through.

I don't want Apache or Victory to lose hope. God loves both of them, and maybe you can come up with a plan too.

(PS I used to go visit my son and daughterinlaw in Florida. Neither smoke, and we spent alot of time going to Disney World and Universal. When I went down to Florida, I used a patch--they work pretty good too. But I really enjoyed smoking, and went right back when I came back)

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm not ignoring that

I'm starting from before Adam was created.

It's like if you were a writer and decided to have a character die so another character could save him. Why would you decide to go that route
To show the magnitude of Love. To have another character die so another character could save him. Does it touch you when parents forgo their own desires and sacrifice for the love and betterment of their children. Or when a brother gives (donates) a kidney or some organ to his younger brother who will die without it. Or the biggest box-office movies of a hero that cares about the whole of all more than about himself. A friend is going on and on about this book called project Hail Mary. I haven’t read it but by the sample it is about an astronaut that has to save the world. Do you not ever pull for, Hope for … those risking it all to save the day? Do you not ever pull for or stand up shouting for Love to prevail and Triumph? Where does this longing come from to be inspired to Love… and for it to be Victorious?

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, you're gonna have COPD anywayif you smoke which is irreversible (but can be slowed down).
I love the Lord, and couldn't quit smoking I prayed and prayed. Then (and I think God gave this idea to me. Start out vaping at full e juice percent, then taper off the % of nicotine. I did that and over time, went to 0% nicotine, and thendid that for two days and thew my vape pen away. It's been like 5 + years, and over 10 since I smoked. My voice, which was rough, came back unrough with a few months after switching to vape.
Now I don't smoke or vape, and I believe God gave me that plan.
The good thing is God takes people where they are. Maybe some of us have more addictive personalities--we don't know what others are going through.

I don't want Apache or Victory to lose hope. God loves both of them, and maybe you can come up with a plan too.

(PS I used to go visit my son and daughterinlaw in Florida. Neither smoke, and we spent alot of time going to Disney World and Universal. When I went down to Florida, I used a patch--they work pretty good too. But I really enjoyed smoking, and went right back when I came back)

Yeah I don't understand that. I read about other Christians who smoke or used to and either God was fine with it or helped them quit while I got all sorts of attacks despite blah blah barking dog shut up Apache we are sick of your endless whining

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
W
To show the magnitude of Love. To have another character die so another character could save him. Does it touch you when parents forgo their own desires and sacrifice for the love and betterment of their children. Or when a brother gives (donates) a kidney or some organ to his younger brother who will die without it. Or the biggest box-office movies of a hero that cares about the whole of all more than about himself. A friend is going on and on about this book called project Hail Mary. I haven’t read it but by the sample it is about an astronaut that has to save the world. Do you not ever pull for, Hope for … those risking it all to save the day? Do you not ever pull for or stand up shouting for Love to prevail and Triumph? Where does this longing come from to be inspired to Love… and for it to be Victorious?

Show the magnitude of Love to who?

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anyway let us out please. There is no point in living when the days fly by and you can't live in the moment anymore

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I don't understand that. I read about other Christians who smoke or used to and either God was fine with it or helped them quit while I got all sorts of attacks despite blah blah barking dog shut up Apache we are sick of your endless whining
I haven’t walked in your shoes so I don’t know what you are speaking of. I still don’t understand what you meant by spiritual attacks. I don’t know if you meant supernaturally attacked of demons you saw or heard. Or if you meant people stomping on you and beating you down over and over by their words and actions towards you. All I’m saying is I think you are saying it would have been better if God never brought us into another dying to save another. Because that is just plain stupid. That why didn’t he make it to where there is no need for one to die to save another. I don’t know. Only that one did die to save another …and for a sinner on top of that! Not for a good man, but for a sinner one died. To me that is a love without “until you perform and jump through hoops for me I won’t love you.”

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I haven’t walked in your shoes so I don’t know what you are speaking of. I still don’t understand what you meant by spiritual attacks. I don’t know if you meant supernaturally attacked of demons you saw or heard. Or if you meant people stomping on you and beating you down over and over by their words and actions towards you. All I’m saying is I think you are saying it would have been better if God never brought us into another dying to save another. Because that is just plain stupid. That why didn’t he make it to where there is no need for one to die to save another. I don’t know. Only that one did die to save another …and for a sinner on top of that! Not for a good man, but for a sinner one died. To me that is a love without “until you perform and jump through hoops for me I won’t love you.”

Messages like "backslider!" "Enemy of God" "pigheaded" "refuse to quit"

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Well why should billions of us come here to suffer and die?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apache we are sick of your endless whining
Have to get off here. Who told you they are sick of your whining Apache? (Imo) Maybe you should whine a little louder then for deaf ears to hear. Sounds like you are crying out for something, for help “let us out please!” …odd you are not crying only let “me out please” ..but “let us out please”. Considering others being let out and not only yourself let out. I can relate to you saying what you hear back is “stop whining”. Because I cry a lot to be Loved and told “stop crying to be Loved” …maybe I’m insane but to me that doesn’t mean my crying to be loved is wrong but the being told to stop crying for it. To which I wonder if then I need to cry louder then so that someone might hear. Same with you “stop whining” is it wrong for you to whin, or whimper, or wail, or cry “let us out please!” …as if you are whining a door be opened and “let us out please!” Those telling you to shut it up, to hush it…in my opinion have turned hard-hearted to your whining, wail, cry and also to my cries to be loved. Proclaiming shut it up…your whining is deafening —piercing—to our ears. Whine Louder Apache, I think, …much like Moses in the OT and God commanding to Pharaoh “Let My People Go! Is your “Let me out please!” But I still think the cry is “Let me out please!” Of death…and unto Life. Where you receive back a “stop whining!”

Last edited: