How can any of you stand it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't make any sense. I was perfectly fine before the supernatural stuff. Why don't you ask yourself why God would decide to engage in the irrational action of hurting someone so they would ask him to heal them.

In any case I have asked. Numerous times. Nothing.
One day there came a heavy rain storm and the town began to flood. The waters became so deep that it flowed like a giant river. A young Christian woman was able to climb up to the roof to await the Lord to rescue her. As the flood waters grew higher, up to the tops of the windows, a boat came by her house. A young man called out to her, "Lady, hurry and get into the boat." She waved him off. "No, that's okay", she said. "I am waiting for the Lord to save me."

The rain continued and now the flood waters were lapping at her feet. As she began to climb up to the ridgeline of the roof, a helicopter came by. They let down a basket and asked the lady to get into the basket. She waved them off also. "No, that's okay", she said. "I am waiting for the Lord to save me." A young man came down to her to encourage her to get into the basket. And suddenly she slipped and fell into the river and she drowned.

When she got to heaven she met the Lord, and she complained tersely, "Lord, where were you? I waited for you to save me and you never came." The Lord answered, "What do you mean? I sent a boat and you refused to get in. I sent a helicopter and you refused that also. You are here, young one because you refused to accept the help I sent."

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One day there came a heavy rain storm and the town began to flood. The waters became so deep that it flowed like a giant river. A young Christian woman was able to climb up to the roof to await the Lord to rescue her. As the flood waters grew higher, up to the tops of the windows, a boat came by her house. A young man called out to her, "Lady, hurry and get into the boat." She waved him off. "No, that's okay", she said. "I am waiting for the Lord to save me."

The rain continued and now the flood waters were lapping at her feet. As she began to climb up to the ridgeline of the roof, a helicopter came by. They let down a basket and asked the lady to get into the basket. She waved them off also. "No, that's okay", she said. "I am waiting for the Lord to save me." A young man came down to her to encourage her to get into the basket. And suddenly she slipped and fell into the river and she drowned.

When she got to heaven she met the Lord, and she complained tersely, "Lord, where were you? I waited for you to save me and you never came." The Lord answered, "What do you mean? I sent a boat and you refused to get in. I sent a helicopter and you refused that also. You are here, young one because you refused to accept the help I sent."
Are you trying to say you have been appointed by God to help me?

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As I thought, you can't. You don't want to help. You just want to satisfy your ego and act holier than thou

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Incidentally the woman in that story should really say "I sure am happy to be free of that pathetic planet Earth"

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. I’ve tried vaping. Even getting one in my favorite flavor, grape. No matter how hard I try though…vaping causes a raw burn whenever I breathe in that doesn’t go away until i give up trying to vape. I wish I could …at least it smells better.
Hi Victory,
My son recently gave up smoking for the second time and was using different vapes, some of them gave him real heart burn. What vape liquid are you using ?

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a better idea

Let us out

Because really I don't understand this notion that I or anyone else need to be thankful for supernatural death threats, telling them they are going to hell etc and all the associated anxiety that causes.

Sorry if the above offends anyone before they jump in to tell me that it is somehow a good thing

What would actually be a good thing is returning me to the person I was before the above
How about being thankful for the good in your life? How about being thankful that you no longer have those supernatural death threats? How about being thankful for God removing the non-stop barking dog from your life?
Or that you have a Bible, and eyes to read it?
Or being thankful for this forum, and the members who have been kind enough to try to help you?

I was perfectly happy before all that
Somehow I doubt that. You only self-baptized into Christianity a few years ago during the Covid lockdown. Yet, you had been dealing with the non-stop barking dog for YEARS before that. You also complained that taking care of the dog prevented you from finding love.

The people I know of who converted to Christianity, did so because they were NOT happy with their lives.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder what it is that makes people post in a thread they don't like

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what it is that makes people post their complaints and then not take anyone's advice...

Never mind. I already know the answer. ;)

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah because people don't take bad advice from egomaniacs who wrongly have a high opinion of themselves and think everyone should do what they say

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah because people don't take bad advice from egomaniacs who wrongly have a high opinion of themselves and think everyone should do what they say
If you think you're getting bad advice from egomaniacs who wrongly have a high opinion of themselves and think everyone should do what they say, then why do you keep coming back?

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Haha this is my thread

Nice try on projecting your need to post in a thread you don't like though

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You know, you could really go out there and impress everyone in your area with how great you are and how you can solve all the world's problems

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, you could really go out there and impress everyone in your area with how great you are and how you can solve all the world's problems
So, you come to a forum, looking for advice, and when advice is given, you turn your nose up at it, and accuse the advisers of being "egomaniacs."

That dog won't hunt.

If no one's advice is worthy to you, then what do YOU think you should do?