How can you be sure and know you have eternal life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no better time than the present day to have a relationship with God, and believe with faith in the Gospel of Christ (death, burial, and resurrection.) Which is also a representation of us dying to the world (lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, and pride of life (dark spiritual forces?) along with dying with Christ, being buried in his baptism. Then being renewed becoming a new inner creation by being a child of God through faith in the resurrection of Christ. In where now the believer is experiencing new life by the spirit and they know God and the Lord Jesus Christ, as they are, which is life eternal.

• Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.”

‭‭John‬ ‭17:1-3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

God bless to all,

Matthew Gallagher

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭5:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Reactions: mailmandan

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no better time than the present day to have a relationship with God, and believe with faith in the Gospel of Christ (death, burial, and resurrection.) Which is also a representation of us dying to the world (lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, and pride of life (dark spiritual forces?) along with dying with Christ, being buried in his baptism. Then being renewed becoming a new inner creation by being a child of God through faith in the resurrection of Christ. In where now the believer is experiencing new life by the spirit and they know God and the Lord Jesus Christ, as they are, which is life eternal.

• Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.”

God bless to all,

Matthew Gallagher
"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can you be sure and know you have eternal life?
Romans 10:9
If you
believe that Jesus rose from the dead and tell others about him with your mouth, you will be saved.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture indicated by Jesus in his saying ‘To know the true and living God and to know Jesus who he had sent.

As a Christian do you know God?
As a Christian do you know Jesus?

Are they in your heart by your faith in the Gospel ?

If you say yes to all three, you should know you have eternal life. Keep seeking to pray, and worship God and sing, give praise to the Son, in thankfulness. Knowing you are loved, you are cared for, that God is with you by the Holy Spirit given by Jesus from God dwells inside of you. Your sins are forgiven, you are justified by faith in the Gospel. You are made right with God because of Jesus and his righteousness.

Thank you all for posting,
God bless you and all,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
“These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭5:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The absolute certainty and assurance that you have eternal life comes from the absolute certainty and assurance that the Word of God is absolutely true, nothing but true, and forever true.

So when He says:
John 3:15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

You can have absolute certainty that: "whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." Because His Word is absolutely true, nothing but true, always and forever.

Let us "believe on Him" then. And this is the first thing many people dont want to know:

James 2:20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

What works?

I John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Luke 6:27 But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.
29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.
30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back.
31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
37 Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

Matthew 7:12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

I John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

I John 4:21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

How do we know?

I John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.

One final belief:

John 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.

This is essential, my view on this is that Jesus is refering to the Father in context. He is both God and the Son of God:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

John 10:30 I and My Father are one.

So, Jesus is The Eternal Word, Begotten, Uncreated Creator One with the Father, Who became flesh but did not ceased from beeing God, and said: "if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

One Family: 3 persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11
There truly is only one way by which one can KNOW they have eternal life .
JESUS CHRIST the GLORIOUS SAVOIR .
HE alone is why i have eternal life , salvation and any hope .
JESUS ALONE , The glorious Grace of GOD given unto men so as those who do believe will have eternal life .
And that my friend is HOW TRULY SIMPLE IT IS .
Course a hearer only does not have their faith in HIM . FOR HE PRODUCES GOOD fruit , good works in us by the Spirit .
So , how can one truly and deeply know and stand rest assured they have salvation . BELIEVE IN THE GLORIOUS RISEN SAVOIR .
OH my soul has great peace and REST in that . Makes me want to go dance a jig of praise RIGHT around the house .
Oh what great peace has he whose mind is STAYED UPON THE LORD . My advice to us all
CONTINUE YE IN HIM , having all hope , all trust , all faith IN HE ALONE as the only means whereby one can be saved .
Man , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME AGAIN . MY SOUL IS FAT AND HAPPY . LET ALL praise the glorious LORD .
The truth is , if we cannot find trust and peace in HIM and do not believe our salvation is truly of him
Then we trust in us , and we cannot save ourselves , WE can only TRUST IN HE WHO CAN SAVE US and HOLD our FAITH FIRM IN HIM
unto the END . OH let the glorious LORD be praised . Let us be hearers and doers of the Word .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:7-9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.”

‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:13-14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

What a great thing to know, and remember.

This goes along with what Jesus said in the passage found in John 17:3. These scriptures expounding on more knowing, of who God and who Jesus Christ.

Paul mentions in Ephesians 1:7 which was written to the people in Ephesus, that in HIM (Jesus) we have redemption through his (blood - death, burial, and resurrection), the forgiveness of sins; according to the riches of His grace which He had made to abound towards us in all wisdom and prudence, having made know to the Apostles the mystery of HIs will, according to his good pleasure which he proposed himself.

The mystery of the Will of God is that all people would be able to come to the Father only through Jesus Christ. By faith and belief on him.

In Colossians 1:13-14, Paul is writing to the people in Colossae. Paul mention a how God had transferred them from the power of darkness into kingdom of his Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through his blood (death, burial, resurrection) and forgiveness of Sins.

Did you know that about it is God who transfers you by your faith in the Son of God, from the power of darkness and into the kingdom of the Son of His love?

How awesome is it to learn and grow and seek out for God and Jesus and heavenly things by the spirit.

Be encouraged, God is good.

In Christ,

Matthew Gallagher

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise be to God,

Seek him out, pray, and worship God in spirit and truth.

May the spirit guide, remember that the holy spirit is one of the greatest gifts Gods gives to believers.

A new indwelling, a new creature, a new creation of the new spiritual man or woman.

Becoming a new child of God, by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus speaks about how you can talk to the Father and ask him to help you by the Holy Spirit.

Paul writes here to the people in Galatia, he was previously talking about the flesh but now has introduced the fruit of the Spirit.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Against such there is no law.

And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.”

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:22-26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

What does that bring to your thoughts when you understand and simply can hold on to this truth?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless to all,

Matthew Gallagher
If we repent of our sin, I can think of no reason the Lord would withhold eternal life from us. And there is John 3:16.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Accepting Christ Jesus is the key; in him is forgiveness of sins, redemption, and sanctification. The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto Salvation.

thank you for posting Bob.