How could the Messiah be sinless?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It shows clearly that Jesus was begotten in the incarnation.
You simply do not understand the meaning of ONLY BEGOTTEN. It has nothing to do with human procreation. And the conception of Christ in Mary's womb was a SUPERNATURAL MIRACLE. Not a begetting!

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You simply do not understand the meaning of ONLY BEGOTTEN. It has nothing to do with human procreation. And the conception of Christ in Mary's womb was a SUPERNATURAL MIRACLE. Not a begetting!

I'll just begetting along now......

Reactions: DNB

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(oblivious example of how English is poorly understood spiritually)

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You are my son, today I have begotten you.
For what is begotten in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should note that God is omniscient, so before anyone is even born he is already in God's mind, see:
(Jer 1:5) Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you: I appointed you prophet to the nations.

Therefore it could be that God loved the Messiah in his thoughts.
Why do you have a problem with a pre incarnate Christ? Seems like you are just kicking against the goads.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you have a problem with a pre incarnate Christ? Seems like you are just kicking against the goads.
That's why I asked once or more times what kind of teacher or leader he or she is under or was taught by ... and he or she said it didn't matter ! .... yet so much of the posts appear to be just like the counterfeit religion(s) come up with ...

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, he was 1/3 of the Trinity, but at the same time, no, because each part is fully God. No, we can't comprehend it, but he was also never a 2nd God, he was always fully God and so were the Spirit and the Father, even while he was on the cross.
Why can't you understand it Rennik? You're unaware that 1 + 1 <> 3, you don't know that elephants cannot fly, nor can trees talk? You haven't got the sense to know absurdities when you hear them? I'm just asking?
You seem to be rather bold in stating that you can't comprehend the implausible, as though it sounds reverent and pious, and thus, you accept it as truth?
You are trying to glorify your ignorance, and inability to explain the conundrum that your exegesis forced you into. Is your lack of comprehension of what you assert, anything more than that?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're the only one that doesn't understand what the word begetting means, as it seems that everybody else does!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why don't you have a problem with a pre-incarnate Christ? You said it yourself, that you don't understand anything that you are espousing? Why would you ask such a blatantly obvious question? Why are you trying to glorify such frivolity with God's Word?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's not what it says. It says the Father loved him before creation. How could the Father love him if he didn't yet exist?
You are unaware of God's omniscience and sovereignty?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luk 1:35 (ASV), And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee: wherefore also the holy thing which is begotten shall be called the Son of God.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible clearly says that every human will sin someday:

There is no human who does not sin. (1 Kings 8:46)

But then how could the Messiah be sinless?

I would say that the spirit in the Messiah was not a human spirit but the spirit of God. The Spirit of God in the flesh, therefore John 1:1 and 14. But then one asks oneself the question, did the incarnation of the Spirit create another person separated from the father? Should one think that God has begotten a real son? That God has begotten a real son sounds illogical to me, since this would then be a second God, but if the Messiah is the Father, one would have to ask oneself why the Bible constantly separates the Son from the Father.
That's a great question janc. It has often perplexed me also, in that I firmly believe that Jesus was just a creature like all of us, the 2nd Adam, not God.
One point is that I understand that God has endowed His spirit to many men, allowing them to both behave and act in a manner acceptable to God.
But also, it was mandatory that Jesus be man, but to also fulfill God's Law. This is the grounds that God had to justify His condemnation of all men. Had no one lived out His demands of righteousness and holiness, it could be argued that God laid a burden on man that no one could achieve, charging Him with overwhelming austerity. Due to Christ's perfection and sinless life, God was able to exonerate all men, analogous (typology) to the deal that God made with Abraham.
My point is, Jesus had to be a man, and he had to be sinless, for God to redeem man. He could not be God for this reason.

Luke 3:21-22 "Now it came about when all the people were baptized, that Jesus also was baptized, and while He was praying, heaven was opened,
and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "Thou art My beloved Son, in Thee I am well-pleased.""
Luke 4:1 "And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led about by the Spirit in the wilderness."
Luke 4:14 "And Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit; and news about Him spread through all the surrounding district."
Luke 4:18 Jesus Himself says, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor.
He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are downtrodden."

26 The Lord said, “If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”
28 ...“If I find forty-five there,” he said, “I will not destroy it.”
29 ...He said, “For the sake of forty, I will not do it.”
30 ... “For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it.”
32 ...He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Spot on!

Beget is an exclusive to the child of a Male, NOT a Female.

God CAN NOT procreate an Offspring, in His Likeness....(without a Beginning).
God Is Without Beginning.
An Offspring Has A Beginning.

Gods Word was IN Gods Mouth.
God prepared a BODY for His Word.
God Sent forth His Word forth out from His Mouth.

And Gods Word Came to Earth in the Body God Prepared. And Offered that Body for the Life of the World.(and offered his Blood for Forgiveness)

All Scriptural ...can supply if anyone requires Scriptural Reference.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Enoch111

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Jesus was sinless because he was not born from the will of a man, because the lust from a man came from the works of devil on fleshy desire. All mankind was born into the world with the will of sexual penetration from a man. That's why Jesus was born from the words of God just like Adam, but the differences is Adam was married and Jesus had not married. And the spiritual awakeness of Jesus is natural because since he was a kid he already knew the words of God until he grown up as an adult.
In the day of Jesus walked the earth there are no such an entertainment like tv, cell phones, music, etc so Jesus had grown up in the faith of the righteous family of Nazareth. It's so 180 degree opposite with our lives today, since a kid we're not aware of the spiritual awakening so that when we see such a sins in tv, movie, or any other media we see it naturaly and not aware of what we had just saw is such a sins and it does records to our subsconcious memory. If everyday we see such kind of a sins in tv shows than someday it will affect our brain to do the same as what have been recorded on our memory. No wonder cartoon these days are so many "works of the devil", for instance the songs Baby Tooth Shark was refers to the tooth of Ifrit, super heroes was refers to the witches or mutant (baphomet), lion king was refers to arabian gods Al-lat, etc. This is the beginning of the brainwashing of the sins works in our daily lives. Because the works of the devil is a repeatable lies would be accepted as truth in such amount of time (just like the hitler false flag big lie propaganda).
If we do such a repeatable sins than someday devil will found a way to enters into our body to become a disease such as tumors, cancer, or any other disease. I found this fact from moslem writings about how did djinn/devil manifested our body into cancer or tumor. So, our world environment today is bloated with the influences of the darkness, as a Christian believer we have to renew our strategy to live in today's corrupted environment.