Shouldn't Races be Allowed to Segregate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shouldn't races be allowed to segregate?

• Yes, people should be free to live and work where they wish.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, people should be forced by govt to diversify.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should the government-forced diversity that is taking place all over the world be allowed to proliferate and create the mixing of all races everywhere if it is not preferred by the people?

This will surely be called a racist view, but it is not at all.

On the contrary, this view honors all races of the world and seeks to preserve them and their cultures and unique differences for the better.

Did God create all the races intermingled on one continent? No, He did not.

Did God create animals that were a diverse mixture of all species with elephants with wings and rabbits with scales? No, He did not.

The reason He did not is because He intended the differences to be honored as a way to glorify Him and His wonderful creation.

The main idea, and question, of this OP is this: If races prefer to live in areas (colonies) where their race is the most abundant, or the only population therein, should we not have the option for that?

Those who wish to live among all races, and to socialize in the diverse city centers, should be allowed to do so, but there is a majority of people, of all races, who prefer to live among their own kind, and their own cultures, etc., and they all believe they should be allowed to do so.

Why didn't any country give their people a vote in this intense "diversity" movement that has been taking place in recent decades? Why is this being forced upon the entire world?

Countries like China and Japan do not have this taking place and they prefer to keep their culture, and their races, pure. This is not any measure of attack, of any kind, on the other races/cultures of the world at all. To make that claim is ludicrous.

If America, or Europe, decided to create sections of the country, for all races to segregate with their own kind, what exactly is the issue with an idea like this?

Hispanics, blacks, asians, whites, middle easterners, etc. could live among their own races if they so choose and this would not harm any race whatsoever; on the contrary, it would serve each and every race to preserve and honor their history and their culture.

The beauty, and uniqueness, of all the various races will completely disappear if the current model of world integration continues. No race desires their culture and kind to disappear forever.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They should be allowed to segregate themselves if they choose ....but it shouldn't be forced by anyone in power. It should be a choice. I don't think it's ideal, or necessary. Races need to exist together and appreciate their differences as well as their commonalities.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They should be allowed to segregate themselves if they choose ....but it shouldn't be forced by anyone in power. It should be a choice. I don't think it's ideal, or necessary.
existing together is unavoidable at this point in history, I believe.

but forcing diversity into neighborhoods, businesses and schools doesn't make any sense.

all of those type places should have the legal right to diversify, if they choose, and to be selective, if they so choose.

we all discriminate every single day with all of the little choices we make. where we will eat, where we will shop, what we will wear, what we will drive. why is it so frowned upon for us to make selective decisions about living, working and/or learning, among those that are most like us?

again, this is about preserving the various races and cultures in a current climate that is rapidly destroying them.
Races need to exist together and appreciate their differences as well as their commonalities.
this is actually the exact problem at hand though.

what we are seeing is races being forced to exist together in a way that is diminishing their differences and forcing commonalities.

that is the road to the assimilation of all races and the complete destruction of their unique differences.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is actually the exact problem at hand though.

what we are seeing is races being forced to exist together in a way that is diminishing their differences and forcing commonalities.

that is the road to the assimilation of all races and the complete destruction of their unique differences.
I can see what you're saying. If all the races mixed, where is the uniqueness that God created? But idk if God originally planned for all of us to be separate. All "races" came from 2 people ...Adam and Eve. I think that separation came because of sin, such as pagan worship, and the tower of Babel is an example of God dispersing peoples to keep them from accomplishing their evil goals. It's something to ponder. I love the differences .....but I also love seeing a man and woman of different races who both love God, coming together in marriage and producing some of the most beautiful babies. ❤️

Reactions: Nancy

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What's bad about that?

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Jim B

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look "white" ....but I am a mixture of German, Scottish, Irish, Cherokee and Blackfoot Indians. If I were going to segregate, who would I stick to .....just all the people who look white like me, but really aren't? lol

Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a "pastor" for 13 years who made claims that he was "Aryan" and of the tribe of Dan... and yet he had enough Cherokee Indian blood that he was a chaplain for the Cherokee Nation. AND ....he was/is one of the most racist people I have ever known. He claims to be Aryan hypocritically while discriminating against people with black, brown, and yellow skin ....breaking up marriages and families because one spouse was white and the other a different skin color and ethnicity. It's horrible what racism does. And I apologize for taking the conversation this direction. But it seems pointless to me since we're all one race....the human race, created in God's image.

I am always against governmental force of "integration" OR segregation. It should always be our choice.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in forced diversity or inclusion. But I also don't think any government resources should go to enforcing people's preferred races either.

Growing up in America, in a melting pot of cultures, I have zero interest in the preservation of any race including my own. Case in point, my husband is white and Im African American.

While I don't believe all cultures have to be embraced by any other culture and people are free make choices with racial preferences, I don't see a reason for racial preservation outside of viewing other races as inferior. Im open to being wrong about that but if people think other races are inferior and don't want to be with them, I just think they have to get over it if they want to live in the United States.

If you wanted an all one-race or one-natiomality neighborhood for example, theres plenty like that in New York City. But if you wanted to make a law that enforced that neighborhood keeping other races or nationalities out, I would draw a line. It's not so important that you should be able to restrict people from living where they want.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in forced diversity or inclusion. But I also don't think any government resources should go to enforcing people's preferred races either.

Growing up in America, in a melting pot of cultures, I have zero interest in the preservation of any race including my own. Case in point, my husband is white and Im African American.

While I don't believe all cultures have to be embraced by any other culture and people are free make choices with racial preferences, I don't see a reason for racial preservation outside of viewing other races as inferior. Im open to being wrong about that but if people think other races are inferior and don't want to be with them, I just think they have to get over it if they want to live in the United States.

If you wanted an all one-race or one-natiomality neighborhood for example, theres plenty like that in New York City. But if you wanted to make a law that enforced that neighborhood keeping other races or nationalities out, I would draw a line. It's not so important that you should be able to restrict people from living where they want.

I don't want to offend, but why are you "African American?" You say your husband is white-- why not just say 'My husband is white and I am black?"

Were you born in Africa? Have you ever lived there? Visited? -- I'm just curious why black people think in these terms.

You don't describe your husband as European American. And though I'm of Norweigan descent and born in Canada, I'd never call myself Norweigan American or Canadian American. I just find it an odd distinction and I don't understand it. Maybe you can help me with that.

Edited to add-- I do see this in Canada where many people refer to themselves as French-Canadian. Perhaps it's just a cultural identity of sorts in this instance, that is much more closely aligned with language than any sort of racial distinctions.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to offend, but why are you "African American?" You say your husband is white-- why not just say 'My husband is white and I am black?"

Were you born in Africa? Have you ever lived there? Visited? -- I'm just curious why black people think in these terms.

You don't describe your husband as European American. And though I'm of Norweigan descent and born in Canada, I'd never call myself Norweigan American or Canadian American. I just find it an odd distinction and I don't understand it. Maybe you can help me with that.
I can't really help you too much. I use African American and black interchangeably. Growing up, when surveys ask me to identify with a race, the box always said African American, so Im just used to it for convenience and recognition's sake.

Im not against the term because many black people in America don't actually know what country their ancestry is from due to the slave trade that brought them over here. Or at least, that's why it makes sense to me.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't really help you too much. I use African American and black interchangeably. Growing up, when surveys ask me to identify with a race, the box always said African American, so Im just used to it for convenience and recognition's sake.

Im not against the term because many black people in America don't actually know what country their ancestry is from due to the slave trade that brought them over here. Or at least, that's why it makes sense to me.

Fair enough. That kind of reinforces my belief that there isn't really a good reason for the practice. It's a bit of a loaded, or politically-charged term that is often deliberately propped up for agenda-driven purposes.

Thanks for your response.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should the government-forced diversity that is taking place all over the world be allowed to proliferate and create the mixing of all races everywhere if it is not preferred by the people?

This will surely be called a racist view, but it is not at all.

On the contrary, this view honors all races of the world and seeks to preserve them and their cultures and unique differences for the better.

Did God create all the races intermingled on one continent? No, He did not.

Did God create animals that were a diverse mixture of all species with elephants with wings and rabbits with scales? No, He did not.

The reason He did not is because He intended the differences to be honored as a way to glorify Him and His wonderful creation.

The main idea, and question, of this OP is this: If races prefer to live in areas (colonies) where their race is the most abundant, or the only population therein, should we not have the option for that?

Those who wish to live among all races, and to socialize in the diverse city centers, should be allowed to do so, but there is a majority of people, of all races, who prefer to live among their own kind, and their own cultures, etc., and they all believe they should be allowed to do so.

Why didn't any country give their people a vote in this intense "diversity" movement that has been taking place in recent decades? Why is this being forced upon the entire world?

Countries like China and Japan do not have this taking place and they prefer to keep their culture, and their races, pure. This is not any measure of attack, of any kind, on the other races/cultures of the world at all. To make that claim is ludicrous.

If America, or Europe, decided to create sections of the country, for all races to segregate with their own kind, what exactly is the issue with an idea like this?

Hispanics, blacks, asians, whites, middle easterners, etc. could live among their own races if they so choose and this would not harm any race whatsoever; on the contrary, it would serve each and every race to preserve and honor their history and their culture.

The beauty, and uniqueness, of all the various races will completely disappear if the current model of world integration continues. No race desires their culture and kind to disappear forever.
First of all, what do you mean by race? Are you referring to skin pigmentation, eye shape, or ???

I doubt you will find any pure "race" anywhere on Earth, so what are your determining criteria?

You list "Hispanics, blacks, asians, whites, middle easterners". Hispanics meaning those living in Spain (who have probably interbred with other Europeans and Moors) or those living in the Western hemisphere, who have definitely interbred with those native to this continent. Blacks meaning those from deepest Africa (who may have interbred) or the rest of the continent or those in the Western hemisphere, who have definitely interbred with others? And who are Asians? The continent of Asia is huge and when you add in the myriad of islands the area is enormous with a widely-diverse genetic base, so what do you mean by "Asian"? Whites? You're joking! "Whites" live all over the world and have interbred with the people whom they have conquered. There is no such thing as a pure "white" race. Middle easterners fall into the same category as the above. And you forgot the Meso-Americans and the Slavic and the Arian races. So until you define a race, you must provide a genetic code.

Never mind the rest of your post.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough. That kind of reinforces my belief that there isn't really a good reason for the practice. It's a bit of a loaded, or politically-charged term that is often deliberately propped up for agenda-driven purposes.

Thanks for your response.
I think my husband would agree with you.

His view is that using terms like "black culture" forces a collective view that's often full of negative stereotypes.

My view is that this is true, but unavoidable and therefore not worth challenging. I cannot wake up and avoid being associated with other black people for better or worse. whether I decided to identify with black culture or not.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think my husband would agree with you.

His view is that using terms like "black culture" forces a collective view that's often full of negative stereotypes.

My view is that this is true, but unavoidable and therefore not worth challenging. I cannot wake up and avoid being associated with other black people for better or worse. whether I decided to identify with black culture or not.

I love, and actually seek out diversity in relationships. In business development, which is a strength or skill set I’ve honed, I prefer teams with a broad set of experiences and perspectives. Differences of opinions and views lead to better decision making and richer relationships.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's bad about that?
nothing if that's what you want.

most people, from all races, do not want that.

do you like the idea of your unique race/races completely disappearing forever?

I don't want that for any race and I firmly believe most don't either.

like I've said though, for those who like diversity, they should have as much right to live in as much of it as they prefer, but don't forget that demands the same right for those who prefer the opposite.

there's nothing at all hateful about races being happy with their unique appearances and cultures, and wishing to preserve that.

setting the race angle aside, the countries that are being massively diversified, by millions from other countries right now, are losing their country's traditions and standards that have been a foundation for their unique countries for centuries. yes, I know many are declaring it's a great thing to change and diversify, but why are those who are native to that country not allowed a voice in the matter? why don't they get a vote?

if that's what people demand, there should also be a policy in place for those who do not wish to change everything about the only home they have ever had.

this is actually one of those scenarios that can very easily be likened to the physical home space. if a family in a house have their own traditions and standards for all things that they prefer within their dwelling, they should absolutely have a voice in the matter of complete strangers moving into their family home and changing everything about the way things go on there. it's simple and it's relatable for all people everywhere.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look "white" ....but I am a mixture of German, Scottish, Irish, Cherokee and Blackfoot Indians. If I were going to segregate, who would I stick to .....just all the people who look white like me, but really aren't? lol
which ever you're most comfortable with. that's the point.

which ever race you most identify with.

that should be your right.

nobody is being allowed that right at this time. we are all being forced to diversify, we are not being given a choice. that's just not right.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which ever you're most comfortable with. that's the point.

which ever race you most identify with.

that should be your right.

nobody is being allowed that right at this time. we are all being forced to diversify, we are not being given a choice. that's just not right.
I have no idea what you are on about here? You want some areas exclusive? Is that it?

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a "pastor" for 13 years who made claims that he was "Aryan" and of the tribe of Dan... and yet he had enough Cherokee Indian blood that he was a chaplain for the Cherokee Nation. AND ....he was/is one of the most racist people I have ever known. He claims to be Aryan hypocritically while discriminating against people with black, brown, and yellow skin ....breaking up marriages and families because one spouse was white and the other a different skin color and ethnicity. It's horrible what racism does. And I apologize for taking the conversation this direction. But it seems pointless to me since we're all one race....the human race, created in God's image.

I am always against governmental force of "integration" OR segregation. It should always be our choice.
it's actually interesting to note though how many times God commanded against the mixing of the peoples in the OT.

like I mentioned in the OP, I believe it can be likened to the mixing of animals by the fallen angels, that made God furious.

God made things a certain way and He intended them to stay that way for His reasons.

the main point is that people should have a right to live with whatever race/kind they prefer. I agree that the govt should not be forcing anything of the sort on all nations at this time.