How Do You Bear Witness Counts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you dont know the scripture?
Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said, “In truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons
James 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
I understand why you would have a hard job provong that.
How about some scripture for yours? Where did God say "He may do for some"

PS Guessing your gonna pass on the hard questions ?

That all men come to judgement from God is not what we are addressing. That salvation has gone out to both Jew and Gentile is not what we are addressing. That we as believers are not to place some believers above others is not what we are addressing.

My statement, which you have not correctly given is this. "Each believer has their own relationship with Jesus Christ. And what Christ does with one He may well not do with another."

So, we are talking about the believers walk of sanctification. Being led by the Spirit. And here there is great latitude. As far as Scripture, I have been giving you Scripture already. (John 21:21-21) God's will for Peter was not the same as for John.

Why did God send Paul to the Gentiles and Peter to the Jews? Why were Paul and Peter and others martyred, yet John was not? Was it the will of God for Peter to die? For Paul to die? For John to live?

When Paul and Barnabus divided over John Mark and went separate directions, which one did God go with? What was God's will in this?

And with believers you have different levels of maturity. Different levels of faith. And God knows where each one is at. One may be more responsible than another depending on where they are at. Peters lying and denying the Lord were wrong and very difficult for him to overcome. Rahab the harlot, only a recent convert and from pagan Jericho, lied to protect the spies and was rewarded. Both lied.

It is easy to say this believer is not doing exactly as I am doing so they must be out of the will of God. Unless that involves sin or rebellion against God, that just isn't so. So, just as Jesus said, "...if I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me."

Stranger

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was not my question. The questions were.

1. What is it to follow me?

Answer to #1 Deny yourself as able to follow Him; pick up your cross daily, and trust Him to help you to follow Him.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

2. What does that look like?

Answer to #2 Someone not boasting in his flesh or willpower in being able to follow Him as he lives by faith in the Son of God.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

3. What does that look like in your, my, our daily lives?

Answer to #3 Trusting Jesus to do His work in us of godliness and contentment which is great gain. Helping us not to worry but trust Him for all things.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

4. But what is our part?

Answer to #4 place all your hopes in Him to finish His work in you to His glory.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:...11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

5. What do we all do that jesus wants us to do?

Answer to # 5 Trust Him at His word. Little children are free to come to Him & that is all they are required to do.

Mark 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

6.So what are we to do or what do you all do on a daily basis for Jesus that the unbelivers dont do.

Answer to #6 being repeated again.... by His grace & by His help, we preach the Good News to others which unbelievers do not do.

Yes there all pretty close to each other and amount to the same thing. I never asked what unbelivers dont do. I am really getting at what Christians dont do.

You did asked that in question #6 in regarding the difference between unbelievers to believers and that was the answer for #6 question. As for your intent of getting an answer to the unspoken question of what christians don't do, you should have stated the question plainly. You did not.

For what christians don't do as being completely disregarding unbelievers's stance? We, as christians, don't always trust Jesus Christ for everything in every situation which pretty much shows our necessity to rely on Him for all things and for all times, even we need His help to do that.. in relying on Him for all things.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That all men come to judgement from God is not what we are addressing. That salvation has gone out to both Jew and Gentile is not what we are addressing. That we as believers are not to place some believers above others is not what we are addressing.

My statement, which you have not correctly given is this. "Each believer has their own relationship with Jesus Christ. And what Christ does with one He may well not do with another."

So, we are talking about the believers walk of sanctification. Being led by the Spirit. And here there is great latitude. As far as Scripture, I have been giving you Scripture already. (John 21:21-21) God's will for Peter was not the same as for John.

Why did God send Paul to the Gentiles and Peter to the Jews? Why were Paul and Peter and others martyred, yet John was not? Was it the will of God for Peter to die? For Paul to die? For John to live?

When Paul and Barnabus divided over John Mark and went separate directions, which one did God go with? What was God's will in this?

And with believers you have different levels of maturity. Different levels of faith. And God knows where each one is at. One may be more responsible than another depending on where they are at. Peters lying and denying the Lord were wrong and very difficult for him to overcome. Rahab the harlot, only a recent convert and from pagan Jericho, lied to protect the spies and was rewarded. Both lied.

It is easy to say this believer is not doing exactly as I am doing so they must be out of the will of God. Unless that involves sin or rebellion against God, that just isn't so. So, just as Jesus said, "...if I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me."

Stranger
So many words for such a small thing of zero significance. So niether you or I am wrong. was it worth it. Not for for me.

I see you are still avoiding answering the questions? Any chance on getting to the point at hand that does matter

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it to follow me? What does that look like in your, my, our daily lives? Every thing you said is fine and right. But what is our part. Holding doors and all the nice things are the very bottom of the ladder and require zero faith. What do we all do that jesus wants us to do.

Trust Him for everything, including for following Him. If we take everything Jesus said and treat it like those that were under the law; ding the best we can... when His teachings are higher than the works of the law, then His burden would be come hard and His yoke is heavy, but it is His burden and His yoke and He promised it would be light because He will do it.

I already had one guy say I do nothing unless told to by God. I believe we have already been told what to do. So what are we to do or what do you all do on a daily basis for Jesus that the unbelivers dont do. Because they are also doing the door holding sharing helping etc. So there is no difference between the believer and unbeliever.

The difference is on the inside; one lives by faith in Jesus Christ to help him to follow Him in loving others and even believing in Him for everything whereas the unbeliever does not live by faith in Jesus Christ and has no blessed assurance in the afterlife or if he will even continue to do good things.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1. What is it to follow me?

Answer to #1 Deny yourself as able to follow Him; pick up your cross daily, and trust Him to help you to follow Him.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

2. What does that look like?

Answer to #2 Someone not boasting in his flesh or willpower in being able to follow Him as he lives by faith in the Son of God.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

3. What does that look like in your, my, our daily lives?

Answer to #3 Trusting Jesus to do His work in us of godliness and contentment which is great gain. Helping us not to worry but trust Him for all things.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

4. But what is our part?

Answer to #4 place all your hopes in Him to finish His work in you to His glory.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:...11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

5. What do we all do that jesus wants us to do?

Answer to # 5 Trust Him at His word. Little children are free to come to Him & that is all they are required to do.

Mark 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

6.So what are we to do or what do you all do on a daily basis for Jesus that the unbelivers dont do.

Answer to #6 being repeated again.... by His grace & by His help, we preach the Good News to others which unbelievers do not do.

You did asked that in question #6 in regarding the difference between unbelievers to believers and that was the answer for #6 question. As for your intent of getting an answer to the unspoken question of what christians don't do, you should have stated the question plainly. You did not.

For what christians don't do as being completely disregarding unbelievers's stance? We, as christians, don't always trust Jesus Christ for everything in every situation which pretty much shows our necessity to rely on Him for all things and for all times, even we need His help to do that.. in relying on Him for all things.

Thank you for all the wonderfull scriptures that you provided that back up what we should BE.
But unfortunatly all your answers tell us what we are to be or can be in Christ. The important part is still missing.
But I want to thank you for what would be conciderd by many as a fine post. And I am sure it would have took a bit of time to write it. Thank you I appreciate it.

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many words for such a small thing of zero significance. So niether you or I am wrong. was it worth it. Not for for me.

I see you are still avoiding answering the questions? Any chance on getting to the point at hand that does matter

Sorry. You are wrong. Your inability to respond to what I said is proof.

I haven't avoided anything. What did I avoid? You, however, cannot respond to my post #23 because you are not able. And you are not able because Scripture is against you.

You spout many things. But once pushed...nothing. Why? Because you don't know what you are talking about.

Prove me wrong. Prove you know what your are talking about.

Stranger

Reactions: Job

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for all the wonderfull scriptures that you provided that back up what we should BE.
But unfortunatly all your answers tell us what we are to be or can be in Christ. The important part is still missing.
But I want to thank you for what would be conciderd by many as a fine post. And I am sure it would have took a bit of time to write it. Thank you I appreciate it.

You can always apply faith in Jesus Christ to provide the answer that you seek.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth....24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. 26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry. You are wrong. Your inability to respond to what I said is proof.

I haven't avoided anything. What did I avoid? You, however, cannot respond to my post #23 because you are not able. And you are not able because Scripture is against you.

You spout many things. But once pushed...nothing. Why? Because you don't know what you are talking about.

Prove me wrong. Prove you know what your are talking about.

Stranger
I am not interested in silly arguments about meaniless points. And I told I will not answer you untill you answer me. and you obviously dont want to . So why you still here again. Thats not actully a question.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You can always apply faith in Jesus Christ to provide the answer that you seek.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth....24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. 26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
I already have the answer but I knew or had a good idea through experiance that peopably no one would answer this questions.
You at least treid to and I thank you. I will leave it and then give a answer to the questions. I know why people cant. And its clear stanger cant either. I know why. Its the same questions that 99% of the church never heard before.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not interested in silly arguments about meaniless points. And I told I will not answer you untill you answer me. and you obviously dont want to . So why you still here again. Thats not actully a question.

I have answered you. See post #21. But you have no answer other than it is silly or meaningless. And that is no answer. That means you don't know. And those who read this know it means you don't know.

So, you really need to work on an answer. At least let others think you know what you are talking about.

You ask, why am I here again? I am here to reveal what you are.

Stranger

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have answered you. See post #21. But you have no answer other than it is silly or meaningless. And that is no answer. That means you don't know. And those who read this know it means you don't know.

So, you really need to work on an answer. At least let others think you know what you are talking about.

You ask, why am I here again? I am here to reveal what you are.

Stranger
And what might that be in your opinion? The guy tripp exposed you and evey time you post here you are reavealing how far away from Christ you actully are. You are hurt. Its so plain to see. Nothing but agression coming from you. I dont get like that any more. I know why your mad.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what might that be in your opinion? The guy tripp exposed you and evey time you post here you are reavealing how far away from Christ you actully are. You are hurt. Its so plain to see. Nothing but agression coming from you. I dont get like that any more. I know why your mad.

The picture is still developing. You are not helping your cause by not answering my post #21.

I don't feel hurt. Indeed, I have a lot of aggression.

I don't think aggression and mad are synonymous. I have no problem being aggressive or mad as a believer.

You don't get like that anymore? Too bad, I do.

Stranger

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I really cant be botherd with this childish nonsense.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it to follow me? What does that look like in your, my, our daily lives? Every thing you said is fine and right. But what is our part. Holding doors and all the nice things are the very bottom of the ladder and require zero faith. What do we all do that jesus wants us to do. I already had one guy say I do nothing unless told to by God. I believe we have already been told what to do. So what are we to do or what do you all do on a daily basis for Jesus that the unbelivers dont do. Because they are also doing the door holding sharing helping etc. So there is no difference between the believer and unbeliever.

I just found your message from awhile ago inviting me to answer questions.

Let us begin with this post.

You want to know what Christ meant when he said follow me. You want to know what actions are required to fulfill the act of following Christ. As has been stated elsewhere Christ is our example. He is our example for how to live a sinless existence. That would be the first point. A sinless existence.
The points you make about believer vs. unbeliever are based only on the second great commandment to treat others as you would have them treat you. The part your missing and the great separator between believer and unbeliever is the first and greatest commandment; Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the commandment that the unbeliever will not and cannot perform.
So if you want to follow Christ then you would of necessity perform the same things he did to please his Father in honoring the first commandment. Now I could tell you any number of ways you can imitate what Christ did but, I would think that such a gesture on the part of the believer is one that should not come via another mans direction but rather a personal review of Christ's actions and an effort to do all the things you think might fulfill the intent of that command.

Ask me your questions one at a time and I will do as you have asked.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The picture is still developing. You are not helping your cause by not answering my post #21.

I don't feel hurt. Indeed, I have a lot of aggression.

I don't think aggression and mad are synonymous. I have no problem being aggressive or mad as a believer.

You don't get like that anymore? Too bad, I do.

Stranger
As Paul is quoted as saying :" Be angry AND sin not!" lol. Try that for size

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I truly don't want to offend you sister. If I have I apologize.

Stranger
I was just 'funnin' you..sorry. It's probably not the most appropriate venue for jokes. I certainly don't want to offend you either.....All good ! Pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I truly don't want to offend you sister. If I have I apologize.

Stranger
I have just had such hard time when I have been angry, and then doing all I could to hold on to Jesus' hem, while in my mind my mouth is spilling over, with all the things I want to say to the person I am angry with. Of course I don't always succeed, and of that I am truly grateful and thankful, because as long as I keep messing up, I NEED HIM, and He reminds me of my weakness made perfect in His strength . Be angry and sin not..... A tall order. Peace Pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Stranger
Sometimes it can be difficult to convince others of what you have found in the deep. The world is no different, it took scientists a long time to accept some of the creatures we now know to be in the deepest oceans, but that also had to be revealed. You are so right in that as much as Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, He has millions of specific ways to reach and mature a person, and thank God for that, because we most certainly do not respond the same to Him, so He has to be very adaptable, and that He is. Great post !

Reactions: Sword

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have just had such hard time when I have been angry, and then doing all I could to hold on to Jesus' hem, while in my mind my mouth is spilling over, with all the things I want to say to the person I am angry with. Of course I don't always succeed, and of that I am truly grateful and thankful, because as long as I keep messing up, I NEED HIM, and He reminds me of my weakness made perfect in His strength . Be angry and sin not..... A tall order. Peace Pia

Indeed it is a tall order.

Stranger

Reactions: pia