How Do You Bear Witness Counts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't feel hurt.

He uses that "you are hurt" line on everyone. He suffers from NPD, Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It's a mental disorder that causes him to have an inflated sense of importance. He craves admiration and praise and when he doesn't get it, his fragile self esteem takes a hit and he goes ballistic.

You'll never win a debate with someone who suffers from narcissism. They'll start eating their own tail before they admit defeat.

If you have a narcissist that won't leave you alone, your best option is to ignore them. That's the worst thing you can do to someone who craves attention. Stop responding to their posts. No matter how bad you want to say something......don't.

Silence is the narcissists worst enemy.

k

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just found your message from awhile ago inviting me to answer questions.

Let us begin with this post.

You want to know what Christ meant when he said follow me.
No. I want to know what follow me looks like in YOUR life or any other Christian willing to step up and say so.

You want to know what actions are required to fulfill the act of following Christ.

No. I want to know what follow me looks like in YOUR life today?

As has been stated elsewhere Christ is our example. He is our example for how to live a sinless existence. That would be the first point. A sinless existence.
No that is not the question no where near it. We are al ready sinless according to God. But we can talk about this later. for now what does follow me look like in your life now today?

The points you make about believer vs. unbeliever are based only on the second great commandment to treat others as you would have them treat you.
No nothing like what I am talking about. What does follow me look like if your life today. still only one question. Forget scripture. Simple question.

So I deleted the rest of the post as it has nothing to do with what I am asking as I said previously.
So the one question is as above.

Ask me your questions one at a time and I will do as you have asked.

I want to know what follow me looks like in YOUR life today?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
dealing with anger is so simple. You decide its going and tell it. You then thank God you are not an angry man. Right in the middle of reding one of my posts stranger job Just thank God you are NOT an angry man. works a treat. Church does'nt teach these facts.

Reactions: pia

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He uses that "you are hurt" line on everyone. He suffers from NPD, Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It's a mental disorder that causes him to have an inflated sense of importance. He craves admiration and praise and when he doesn't get it, his fragile self esteem takes a hit and he goes ballistic.

You'll never win a debate with someone who suffers from narcissism. They'll start eating their own tail before they admit defeat.

If you have a narcissist that won't leave you alone, your best option is to ignore them. That's the worst thing you can do to someone who craves attention. Stop responding to their posts. No matter how bad you want to say something......don't.

Silence is the narcissists worst enemy.

k

You're probably right. And I do try and control to whom or what I respond to. But sometimes something just needs to be said. And, I never engage with anyone with the intent of them changing their mind. That never or seldom happens with any. I give my side for others to see another view of things which they may not have before. In other words I argue more for those who are just reading these posts but are not engaged in the debate.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
: popcorn

Follow meeeeeeeee...........

giphy.gif

Last edited:

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I want to know what follow me looks like in YOUR life or any other Christian willing to step up and say so

Simple actually.
First was to determine whether I wanted to be good or evil or somewhere in between.
Next I learned about God's attributes and determined for myself that these are the attributes I would love to live with and be like so, I decided to obey God by finding the kingdom first and then I began to follow What Christ has shown us as the path of righteousness.
I began by thinking about what such a kingdom would be like in real life and how I would be and act and think in such a place. Then I considered how I might show God that I do love him with heart, mind and soul by living according to the intent of the two great commandments.
I honor God's holy day and praise all the things about him that I inherently love and also those things that I have come to love. I do my best to reflect a God like appearance and mind toward all of the other creations so that I also conform to the second command and I ask him for help to discern the correct path for that which is not clear to me.

This is as simple as I can put it without giving a minute to minute detail of thoughts and actions. To be the Christian that God and Christ want is to live it the same way they do. If for any reason you do not agree with them then there is no reason to even attempt to follow their lead. One must first be convinced that you want the exact same thing that they do or you will not find the path or even be helped to find it. God knows you inside and out from thoughts to deeds, there is no possibility of lying to them. You either desire to be like them or you go to non-existence as an individual.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was not my question. The questions were.

Yes there all pretty close to each other and amount to the same thing. I never asked what unbelivers dont do. I am really getting at what Christians dont do.

Love

Reactions: Pisteuo

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That was not the question. And we all know what love is supposed to be. Maybe you missed it but I did ask it all through the thread about six times.
What does following Jesus look like in your life TODAY on a daily basis.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was not the question. And we all know what love is supposed to be. Maybe you missed it but I did ask it all through the thread about six times.
What does following Jesus look like in your life TODAY on a daily basis.

Loving others through service. It is really that simple, mundane, difficult, and transformative. Meeting the needs of the people I meet. Praying to, and worshipping God. This is the Christian life

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Loving others through service. It is really that simple, mundane, difficult, and transformative. Meeting the needs of the people I meet. Praying to, and worshipping God. This is the Christian life
I did say about not just doing good deeds halding doors and saying good morning because the world does that better than Christians often. So what needs of others are you fulfulling?
And nothing in the Christian life is mundane. When these signs follow you.
I am really looking for the difference between Christians and the world.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did say about not just doing good deeds halding doors and saying good morning because the world does that better than Christians often. So what needs of others are you fulfulling?
And nothing in the Christian life is mundane. When these signs follow you.
I am really looking for the difference between Christians and the world.

Every positive connection you make with another human being is part of Gods will. We are practicing our sanctification through service, whether it a life changing intercession or mundane connection. The Christian life is not characterized by constantly rescuing people trying to jump off buildings or converting the masses. We are called to make connections. The difference between Christian love and the worlds? Depends on the people involved. Jesus came to health the sick so perhaps Christians are in need of the most practice....

Reactions: bbyrd009

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Every positive connection you make with another human being is part of Gods will. We are practicing our sanctification through service, whether it a life changing intercession or mundane connection. The Christian life is not characterized by constantly rescuing people trying to jump off buildings or converting the masses. We are called to make connections. The difference between Christian love and the worlds? Depends on the people involved. Jesus came to health the sick so perhaps Christians are in need of the most practice....
Well we see Christians in here and there a whole lot of disgruntled Chritians believing they have that right. And they dont. But they continue in it. So if we cant even talk proprely to one and other here. It will be worse on the street. Something serliouly wrong in the Christian world.

Reactions: Pisteuo and pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No. I want to know what follow me looks like in YOUR life or any other Christian willing to step up and say so.
this person would obviously be able to relate an experience of going out as Christ commanded the Twelve, and also the Seventy, a different experience.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well we see Christians in here and there a whole lot of disgruntled Chritians believing they have that right. And they dont. But they continue in it. So if we cant even talk proprely to one and other here. It will be worse on the street. Something serliouly wrong in the Christian world.
still no faith healers--not a single one--@ St Jude's yesterday though hmm

Reactions: Job

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
still no faith healers--not a single one--@ St Jude's yesterday though hmm
Sorry to butt in here, but I have witnessed the Lord, raise a baby from death, cure a cancer patient of throat cancer ( he was supposed to get a 'voice box' inserted ) from the night before his surgery, to when the surgeons opened him up. The surgeons were severely puzzled, as indeed they were with the baby, as The Lord raised the baby back up, AFTER they had given up.
I have been a witness to a few more, but I have also seen unbelievers reject the prayers , and therefore NOT receive.
Just made me remember a real character we met once, he certainly wasn't a believer, he would often make jokes about God, but this man was healed of a very serious ( even self inflicted ) liver and kidney disease, he had signed himself out of the hospital so we went to see him. When he was out of the room, we laid hands on the pillows he had been resting on with a small prayer. When he came back in and sat back on the pillows, he bounced off the couch and said words I can't quote here lol as soon as his back touched the pillows. We didn't say a word...We left and he excitedly came to visit us two days later, he had been back to the hospital and they had given him the all clear and told him, he had had a miracle, so he should start looking after himself. We have no idea what happened to him later on, I hope he is still well. That to me shows the Lords Love, mercy and kindness even for someone we would term a pretty bad sinner.
I do agree with you though. The Lord hasn't got nearly enough people who will take Him at His Word....

Last edited:
Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do agree with you though. The Lord hasn't got nearly enough people who will take Him at His Word....
In a nut shell self preservation