How do you let go?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
My daughter and her boyfriend have broken up and I am so worried about him. I have been praying for him a long time. They have been together for 3 years. He has become like a son to me. I am worried that he will not have the spiritual direction and encouragment he needs due to a lack of good influences in his life. Although I know the Hand of God is surely not shortened, I can't see what He is doing. I am full of sorrow as I will miss seeing him and am concerned. Please pray that the Lord will send Godly people to fill the void in his life. I have witnessed to him before and he said he was pretty confident in his salvation. I can't refute it, but I have reason to believe otherwise. Please pray that the Lord will give me peace about this. Also, pray that I will be an effective witness to my daughter during this time as I don't want to lead her down a wrong path. I want to faithfully lead her only to the cross of Christ and what He desires for her life.Thanks ahead of time for all who are concerned for those who are dying without Christ and for those who care for the ones that are hurting. Blessings to all.
smile.gif

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
*** An update:The Lord is moving in a positive direction! I got to sit down and talk with my daughter about forgiveness. The Lord literally brought me to the perfect page in the Bible right before she was getting ready to go somewhere. It was about the woman with the alabaster vial when she poured out her year's worth of perfumed oil on Jesus' feet and wiped His feet with her tears. He used that as a teaching lesson to Simon and his guests about ones who forgive much love much and ones who forgive little love little. I see it changing my girl before my very eyes. She actually invited her x to church for Easter service this morning. We'll see. I've had more open communication with him too. The Lord does get through to us more when we're hurting sometimes, sad to say. Thanks for your prayers. I have no doubt that prayer touches heaven!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(His By Grace;41987)
*** An update:The Lord is moving in a positive direction! I got to sit down and talk with my daughter about forgiveness. The Lord literally brought me to the perfect page in the Bible right before she was getting ready to go somewhere. It was about the woman with the alabaster vial when she poured out her year's worth of perfumed oil on Jesus' feet and wiped His feet with her tears. He used that as a teaching lesson to Simon and his guests about ones who forgive much love much and ones who forgive little love little. I see it changing my girl before my very eyes. She actually invited her x to church for Easter service this morning. We'll see. I've had more open communication with him too. The Lord does get through to us more when we're hurting sometimes, sad to say. Thanks for your prayers. I have no doubt that prayer touches heaven!
The lords incredible ( His response: "of course I'm incredible I'm God
smile.gif
) It seems that your daughter trusts in God. Encourage her to keep trusting in him. If it is Gods will, they will get back together, If it is not Gods will he will show her the right man. I'll be prayingRyan Fitz

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
You are 2 cute. I'm so grateful to you. And yes, he did go with us to church. We had an awesome service!!!!!!!!!!!! They have now left to go dirt bike riding. I only want the Lord's will. That would be what I would have people pray for. My only goal is for each of them to know Christ and to accomplish His will for their lives. What better purpose in life? I love the way the Lord loves us!!!:angel10: