How Do You Understand Christ Being First Fruits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:23 says Christ is the first fruits and I was wondering how you understand that? First implies the beginning of a series of like. For instance, one does not say someone is their 'first' child when, in fact, the child is their only child.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:23 says Christ is the first fruits and I was wondering how you understand that? First implies the beginning of a series of like. For instance, one does not say someone is their 'first' child when, in fact, the child is their only child.
Perhaps "first fruits" indicates the beginning of a movement, off the top of my head. Maybe that movement was Christianity.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
King James Bible
I cor 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
First of resurrection.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is about resurrection and reward Wrangler, Christ was the first to be resurrected into life, the very first of the firstfruits, the next of those are those who are part of the first resurrection, up to and through the complete gathering of the anointed Christians.

After Jesus' return, and the wicked are removed from the earth, the remainder of those in the grave will be resurrected.

Reactions: Wrangler