How does God lead?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is backwards.

"My words are spirit" according to Christ. Returning, therefore, to the written word after receiving Him of whom the promises were written is akin to Israel preferring the law over Christ. What you are doing, is the very thing the Pharisees did.

But I have warned you quite enough. Pray that the Lord has more grace in this matter than He did with Israel.

Dave used to be a Charismatic for years, but he lost his faith. It is not your fault if it is impossible to renew him to repentance.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Note that the powers of the age to come talks of a future age. It is no wonder the manifestations of the Spirit today are greater than those even of the first century.

There are signs of those who believe according to Mark 16:16-18

Reactions: ScottA

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Dave used to be a Charismatic for years, but he lost his faith. It is not your fault if it is impossible to renew him to repentance.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Note that the powers of the age to come talks of a future age. It is no wonder the manifestations of the Spirit today are greater than those even of the first century.

There are signs of those who believe according to Mark 16:16-18
I would not confuse professing to be a Christian with being charismatic....

D

Dave L

That is backwards.

"My words are spirit" according to Christ. Returning, therefore, to the written word after receiving Him of whom the promises were written is akin to Israel preferring the law over Christ. What you are doing, is the very thing the Pharisees did.

But I have warned you quite enough. Pray that the Lord has more grace in this matter than He did with Israel.
If you discard scripture for what you assume to be superior knowledge, you are in the same camp as king Saul who listened to the medium. Who knows where your knowledge comes from?

D

Dave L

No, the church age has seen more miracles than the apostles saw.

It is faith that has diminished, not gifts, and not miracles. Indeed, Paul even wrote of many returning to "the beggarly elements" after knowing God, but not fully receiving and embracing the Holy Spirit...for which I am now also warning you.
How many amputees have you seen grow new limbs?

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you discard scripture for what you assume to be superior knowledge, you are in the same camp as king Saul who listened to the medium. Who knows where your knowledge comes from?
Now you equate the Holy Spirit with mediums.

I know where my knowledge comes from.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Extra biblical information about biblical matters is no different from king Saul's seeking the same.
What are you going on about? You are the only one talking about extra biblical matters.

I told you of my dealings with God being confirmed by the scriptures. If you don't believe me, that doesn't make what I told you extra biblical. It simply means you do not have the confirmation that has been given to me. Did everyone hear the words spoken to Paul on the road to Damascus? No, just those traveling with him.

I guess you are not traveling with me. Too bad. But should everyone who wasn't, not believe the account? That's foolishness.

Reactions: Pisteuo
D

Dave L

So make one. Or tell me what you believe tongues had to do with writing scripture?
Tongues and interpretation = prophecy = God speaking through prophets as he did in the OT. The fragments when collected became the NT where we have the full picture of the puzzle put together, not just the random pieces.

D

Dave L

What are you going on about? You are the only one talking about extra biblical matters.

I told you of my dealings with God being confirmed by the scriptures. If you don't believe me, that doesn't make what I told you extra biblical. It simply means you do not have the confirmation that has been given to me. Did everyone hear the words spoken to Paul on the road to Damascus? No, just those traveling with him.

I guess you are not traveling with me. Too bad. But should everyone who wasn't, not believe the account? That's foolishness.
Faith comes from scripture. You cannot have faith in anything not coming from scripture. So all extra biblical info is fluff that will dissipate when put to the test.

D

Dave L

What you perceive as "fluff", is God's big finish. Was the cross a failure as it appeared to be? You just don't see it.

Shall we call you Thomas instead of Dave?
Do you doubt scripture? And believe other sources of supposed revelation instead? Anything but scripture is fluff and vanity.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith comes from scripture. You cannot have faith in anything not coming from scripture. So all extra biblical info is fluff that will dissipate when put to the test.
Dave...you got your "which came first, the chicken or the egg" backwards.

Having faith in what is made rather than in Who made it - that is what is extra biblical. It's not scriptural, it's idol worship.

D

Dave L

Dave...you got your "which came first, the chicken or the egg" backwards.

Having faith in what is made rather than in Who made it - that is what is extra biblical. It's not scriptural, it's idol worship.
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17) (KJV 1900)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you doubt scripture? And believe other sources of supposed revelation instead? Anything but scripture is fluff and vanity.
I don't doubt scripture, nor have I given you any reason to say such a thing. I just don't make it my god, as you are doing, choosing the scriptures first over the Spirit who inspired them.

But this is about me, it's about you preaching that the scriptures are above God rather than God above the scriptures. God made the scriptures, not the other way around. And if God made the scriptures and He also makes other forms of revelation which He has said He would - you have no business rejecting one while choosing the other. This you do against God and the very scriptures you have idolized.