How does love bring us peace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=14pt]God created us to express a love that is unconditional, pure, selfless, forgiving and sacrificial. This love therefore is the inner most desire of our heart; and without it we will never find peace. This love is true love. It is not a feeling or emotion; it is a spirit. This spirit is God. To express this love, therefore is to express God’s spirit. This spirit was perfectly expressed by Jesus (who is God in human form), when he suffered the most painful and shameful death on the cross, so that, we, who betrayed him and hurt him by our sins, may have eternal life. In other words, he the victim, compensated for the offenses we committed against him by sacrificing his life. Through his sacrifice he rekindles his spirit of love within us (which we had rejected through our sin) so that we can love [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]one another as he has loved us (John 13:34-35), quietly bear each other’s burdens, die to self in order to bring healing to those who hurt and betray us, forgive without any limit (Matt. 18:22), bind each other’s wounds and be a servant to others. Since this love is unconditional, it is eternal; and since it is eternal, it brings us eternal life.[/SIZE]

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
arunangelo: Since this love is unconditional ...
Hold on there...

Jesus specifically defines a condition.

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The love of Christ brings me peace in times of troubles and makes me want to do what I can to please Him.