The challenge in Christianity is not to love Jesus, it's to love Judas.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Say what?"
"Love Judas? We hate Judas!"
"He betrayed our Lord! Why would we love Judas?"

Perhaps Jesus understood this better than we do.
As indicated in this scripture.

John 13:26-28 NIV
Jesus answered, “It is the one to whom I will give
this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish.”
Then, dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.
27 As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him.
So Jesus told him, “What you are about to do, do quickly.”
28 But no one at the meal understood why Jesus said this to him.

Did Jesus love Judas?
If Jesus loved Judas, shouldn't we?

"To love a betrayer, a person who seeks your actual harm and
who slanders you, is a part of our faith (Luke 6:22; 1 Peter 4:4). It literally is
the story of Jesus Christ. Also a part of our faith is the separation between Holy and unholy,
as was stated previously, between friend and foes, which will lead to separation
even amongst family (Luke 12:53). Loving a person who seeks to harm us lays hot coals
on the heads of the betrayer (Romans 12:20), but it also is most Christ like
when done so. Love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8) and it creates a pathway
for redemption (2 Corinthians 5:16-21) as we see people as more than just
flesh and blood, we see them as souls to be redeemed." Source

/ @TonyChanYT
Love the title of your thread:

The challenge in Christianity is not to love Jesus, it's to love Judas.​

I wish this was on every sign at churches or next to every sign in fronts yards that say “thank you Jesus”. Appreciate how you pointed to the verses that speak on being betrayed or harmed or hated or cursed or slandered and what it says there in those verses pertaining to “the challenge of Christianity is not to love Jesus, it’s to love Judas”

wow! Then the question may be asked “why love Judas?” “When I love Jesus.” To me to love Judas is because of being thankful to Jesus.

The challenge of (Christ-like) Christianity is not to love Jesus but to love Judas:
Matthew 5:46-48 For if you love them which love you, what reward have you? do not even the publicans the same? [47] And if you salute your brethren only, what do you more than others? do not even the publicans so? [48] Be you therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

The challenge of Christianity is not to love Jesus but to love Judas …also makes me think of Paul speaking to the Corinthians …he said I’ll be weak (even though we are not weak)that you be made strong, even this we pray for that you be made perfect. To me that is Paul saying I’ll be “Judas” as you call us “reprobates” that you may become “Christ”. They were accusing him of being a failure. A reprobate. They were accusing him as being one Christ spoke not in. Think about it…Christ became weak that we be made strong. Christ became in the image of sinful flesh …nailed to the crucifix ..so that we could be free from sin. Is this not exactly what Paul did inspired by the Spirit of God… I’ll be Judas for you to be made Christ. He urged them to do no wrong and their real challenge was to love them whom they called “reprobate”. Yet …in Paul doing this becoming weak (Judas)that they be made strong (Christ)…by being their being made as unto Christ is no failure or weakness but seeking of the things ( fruit) that belongs to God. “I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength”.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, that's the wrong question.
Do they reject Jesus? No, they honor him as a Prophet.
They say that when he returns he will set the Christian church straight on all their error.

/
It’s the only question. Because if they do not believe this they are lost.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Countless billions have gone to the afterlife having never even heard the name of Jesus.

/
Romans 1 says they have no excuse.

Don’t blame me if they would say yea God would have done everything to get the message to them

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught us to love our enemies. Do we fulfill that command by incinerating them?
Or would God not accept that as a loving response from us?
We are not God, and He does not always allow us to do what He Himself does - righteously. But we are not Him, obviously!

We are to love our enemies, and allow God to be their judge, not usurping His place. That does not mean He will not judge. Not by any means! God's judgment of the evildoer is well attested to in Scripture.

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not God, and He does not always allow us to do what He Himself does - righteously. But we are not Him, obviously!

We are to love our enemies, and allow God to be their judge, not usurping His place. That does not mean He will not judge. Not by any means! God's judgment of the evildoer is well attested to in Scripture.

Much love!
I don’t think any kind of love that comes out of my carnal nature or “white-knuckling” of
Love or that so called love out from that old sin nature is ever …pure. it always has a motive. But that is the love that doesn’t continue not being of (through) Him (the Spirit of God). I don’t think I even know what love is apart from God. It is His Spirit —the new nature given of God—that loves “purely” and “perfectly” even when I (that old nature, that old voice) tries to thwart or prevent the love of God …you said He doesn’t allow us to do what He does. what of He has given power that the children may be as He is? Yet some deny that power? Why call it not up to par? Yes…if we are trying to love by the power of the flesh then I get your point….it falls short of love. But anything of God doesn’t fall short being of His Spirit. I’m not saying I see it in me but I do see it in Paul “Christ-likeness” that was in harmony with the Love of Christ and how God loves. Just because I don’t see it in me…should I assume it is not what God desires… For us to be like Him or as He is? Including Love?

We, Christianity, speak of a man part human and part divine (whatever your belief is there) who became our sin on the cross as an “our” substitute=so we could be found in His righteous, made in the image of God…”to partake of His Divine nature”. Is it any wonder Christ said “you have heard it said to hate your enemies but I say unto you to love your enemies.”

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
Countless billions have gone to the afterlife having never even heard the name of Jesus.
Romans 1 says they have no excuse.
That's what I figured you would say. It doesn't hold water.
There's no gospel message in creation.
Unless you are claiming that recognizing a creator in creation is salvation in itself. ???

/

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

That's what I figured you would say. It doesn't hold water.
There's no gospel message in creation.
Unless you are claiming that recognizing a creator in creation is salvation in itself. ???

/
Actually there is.. Although they knew God, they denied him, So God gave them up to their lusts. and allowed them to make their own Gods.

I am worried about you my friend.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am worried about you my friend.
Understandably.
We are experiencing doctrinal polarity on several issues.
From your perspective that probably makes me an unbeliever.
Believers go to heaven and unbelievers go to hell.
Is that about the size of it?

I'm okay with doctrinal diversity. And I don't mind being called a heretic.

Embracing Doctrinal Diversity - Unity in diversity

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm okay with doctrinal diversity.
@Eternally Grateful
When I speak to a Catholic, I try to understand them from their religious background.
I used to try to convert them to a Protestant evangelical view, since I was raised that way.
My position was that they were wrong and if I could inform them of the "truth" they
would be delivered from their ignorance. - LOL

What I learned was that they had very good reasons for what they believed.
And they could support their beliefs biblically. This didn't mean that we were in agreement.
But I learned how to lay down my weapons and work toward understanding them.
Something that can't happen when we play the "Ya, but..." game.

Build bridges, not walls.

/

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said no one comes to the father but through me

We all will have to give an account, we can not blame a church, or anyone else if we get it wrong.

That's my view on things..

• Love

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said no one comes to the father but through me

We all will have to give an account, we can not blame a church, or anyone else if we get it wrong.

That's my view on things..
We are mostly in agreement on that, as stated.

Although, I'm not sure about the "... if we get it wrong." part.

I think God knows that none of us will get it 100% right. It doesn't matter.

/

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are mostly in agreement on that, as stated.

Although, I'm not sure about the "... if we get it wrong." part.

I think God knows that none of us will get it 100% right. It doesn't matter.

/
well paul said anyone who taught another gospel should be anathema (cursed, damnedP so I think he made it clear. There is only one way to heaven, not many ways as many want to believe