How Evil Are Humans?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Creator of all things.

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prediction does not equal causation.
The Scripture is perfectly clear.

Genesis 7
1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation. 2 You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female; 3 also seven each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep the species alive on the face of all the earth. 4 For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Scripture is perfectly clear.

Genesis 7
1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation. 2 You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female; 3 also seven each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep the species alive on the face of all the earth. 4 For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made."
If you have ears to hear then hear.....Jesus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And Jesus said the words of Moses are the Words of God.
your subject (thread) Jack

How Evil Are Humans?​

Jesus says and acts consistent with the Grace of God yet men take that Grace and twist it.
The Ark in Noah's day was a rescue mission for all who wanted in. A rescue mission initiated by God.....and none but eight wanted in even though Noah told them what was coming down the pike for the duration of the Ark's construction.

Will we now take this rescue mission and turn it to make it appear God was the perpetrator of that destruction?
That's How Evil humans are!

Will we take the gift of God (Jesus) and murder him?

Will we take the Good News and turn it into good advice?.....and so misrepresent the message?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your subject (thread) Jack

How Evil Are Humans?​

Jesus says and acts consistent with the Grace of God yet men take that Grace and twist it.
The Ark in Noah's day was a rescue mission for all who wanted in. A rescue mission initiated by God.....and none but eight wanted in even though Noah told them what was coming down the pike for the duration of the Ark's construction.

Will we now take this rescue mission and turn it to make it appear God was the perpetrator of that destruction?
And God drowned them all but 8, including children.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it the character of God to destroy is the question at hand.....particularly when Jesus (God's direct representative) said he was come to give life?.....Hebrews tells us Jesus 'is the brightness of his glory and the express image of his person...' Hebrews 1:3
The glory of Jesus (and thus God's) is giving his life for his enemies and praying for them.....not destroying them.
Your confusing human life with spiritual life which is what Jesus came to bring

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I am denying that God brought the flood even though it is attributed to him by the writer (Moses)

The Hebrews believed God was responsible for everything, both good and bad and they wrote from that perspective. One can see this from the various utterances of the Prophets. Jesus however corrected this view just as he corrected many of the views the Jews held by statements like, 'you have heard said but I say unto you....'
John tells us what he learned from Jesus in his letter.

1 John 1:5
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
You are confusing murder with judgment.

Who was it that killed Uzzah who died trying to stop the ark from falling?

Did God not bring judgment on Sodom and Gomorrah?

Who killed Ananias and Sapphira in the book of Acts?

God uses people to bring judgement but it is His will

Revelation 17
16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled

Luke 19
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God burned Sodom alive, including children!
Yes but it’s not about killing people it’s about wiping out evil before it spreads more. It’s like a cop shooting a gunman before he kills innocent people

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your confusing human life with spiritual life which is what Jesus came to bring
Life is life. Erring humans are the ones which make the separation. They even go to the lengths of believing that death is not death but a transition of sorts (there's a smorgasbord to choose from).....and so they muddle their fleeting reality.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, it appears you cannot tell the difference between a touch of kindness and the stroke of a cane.
And it appears you have a difficult time believing the Christian Bible. Even tho Jesus clearly confirmed this. "Making them an example"!

Genesis 7

Reactions: Marty fox