How Evil Are Humans?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am saying it because of your quoted texts in post #33 ....below

Revelation 17
16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled

Luke 19
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

then I suppose all Christians who know better should be dead?

God's judgement is forgiveness. We are the ones who don't forgive and we want God to follow suit.....surely that is dangerous ground?

The writers of the Bible were inspired by the Holy Spirit yet they used their own words and cultural understanding to interpret that inspiration. Moses while still in Egypt was inspired to liberate his people yet he thought murder would be the route because thats how problems were solved in Pharaoh's Egypt.... he was wrong. Isaiah wrote magnificent things....things he didn't understand under inspiration but he also thought both good and bad emanate from God, that was accepted cultural view.....he was wrong.

Jesus is the final word on God. Jesus is the only one who has seen and knows the Father intimately

. We interpret the bible through and by Jesus, that's where we stop.

We read this in Hebrews 1
'In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.
These aren't just predictions they also say who will do it and why it was done and they are both Jesus own words.

God does forgive it is man who rejects God's forgiveness and there are consequences for that. Do you believe that people will be sent to hell?

If you read on in Samual you will see that David was both agree with and afraid of God when Uzzahi died but then David saw when Gods instructions were followed and obeyed Dave was blessed and both praised God and rejoiced.

If so then believe in Jesus words He confirmed Mosses

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know you're avoiding what Jesus said, just like Satan.
1 Thessalonians 2
14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 2
14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.
There are bad Jews and bad 'Christians'. MANY Jews believed in Jesus.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are bad Jews and bad 'Christians'. MANY Jews believed in Jesus.
ohhhh, I'm not surprised at many bad Christians believing in Jesus because they are so divided but bad Jews? ...on second thoughts, they are just as divided; they keep dividing someone else's territory and wonder why people get upset.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ohhhh, I'm not surprised at many bad Christians believing in Jesus because they are so divided but bad Jews? ...on second thoughts, they are just as divided; they keep dividing someone else's territory and wonder why people get upset.
Then why will Jesus return and FIGHT for Israel??? Israel is back to stay!

Romans 11
1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then why will Jesus return and FIGHT for Israel??? Israel is back to stay!
do you want to help him out with some six shooters, Jack? ....sounds like your looking for a front row seat at the shoot out?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you want to help him out with some six shooters, Jack? ....sounds like your looking for a front row seat at the shoot out?
Why does the Christian Bible upset you so much? Why does Israel upset you but Hamas MONSTERS don't?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why does the Christian Bible upset you so much? Why does Israel upset you but Hamas MONSTERS don't?
Would be a good idea to pull up stumps in Indiana and go and live in Gaza for a stretch? It'll probably fire up some lateral thinking?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would be a good idea to pull up stumps in Indiana and go and live in Gaza for a stretch? It'll probably fire up some lateral thinking?
Better question: Why do you attack Jesus the God of Israel? Do you want to burn in Hell?

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't He?
I asked you and you evaded! Yes Jesus is God, the God of Israel!

Luke 1
68 "Blessed is the Lord God of Israel, For He has visited and redeemed His people,

And His Name is Jesus!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I asked you and you evaded! Yes Jesus is God, the God of Israel!

Luke 1
68 "Blessed is the Lord God of Israel, For He has visited and redeemed His people,

And His Name is Jesus!
Certainly.

Whoever rejects the Son also rejecs the Father.

Reactions: Zao is life

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as Scripture proves, he who rejects the Son also rejects the Father. 1 John 2:23
Why are you attacking Jesus the God of Israel?????????????????

Romans 11
1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins."

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why are you attacking Jesus the God of Israel?????????????????

Romans 11
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins."
Why are you defending Jesus rejecters?

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It could be humans have always been evil. It's just that now we've arrived at a level of awareness that brings that evermore to our attention.

God imprisoned all to disobedience,sin, so that he could show mercy to all.