How Free Will Destroys the Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Jesus was a Jew He had to fulfill the Law that was the requirement, you are not a Jew, the Law was never given to you, you got grace which you may reject for the law if you wish. One master which is it.
fulfilled means He did the law, doer of the law. not abolished.
i chose Jesus which means i chose the law.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Copied from another post of mine

Why is it not for us, Ill give it to you straight.

1. The law was given by Moses to the Israelites, it was never given to us gentiles, so you have made claim that that what is not your, breaking the commandment, thou shalt not steal,
2. In reference to 1 above, the Jews being our neighbors, you have broken another, thou shalt not covet thy neighbors goods, the law given to them.
3. Again in reference to 1 and 2 above, Since you are supposed to be the "bride" of Christ and yet have chosen another woman husband, the law who is given to the Jews's, you have broken another law, thou shat not commit adultery, worst being you are forsaking Christ your true husband for the law.
4. The sabbath, the law is all works of the flesh, it is your works which since you put yourself under, and therefore never resting have broken the sabbath, in that you are not resting from your own works and therefore it is not being kept Holy and to Him.
5. And since you insist, on "demanding" that others keep the law, which only brings death, you have already committed murder in your heart , and so have broken the law, Thou shalt not Kill.

of course all this leads to the worst of all,

because you have imposed all of this upon your brother, you have broken the greatest of them all.

Joh_13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Love would never lay a stumbling block before His brother causing Him to stumble and sentencing Him to death..

Jesus to teh Pharisees

Joh_7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

You not SDA to are you??

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
just look at the example of Jesus.
Galatians shows that the believer in the Gospel of the grace of God through faith in the Lord Jesus is under grace, not the law. Hebrews 7.12 says that the law was changed. Hebrews 7.19 says that what the believer now has is better than the law.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ followed the law, explain how you follow Him when you deviate from that example?

Jesus chose the law, did He die in His sins?

Bless your heart. Either someone has mislead you, or you are just choosing to see what isn't there.
Jesus took the law with him and it was nailed to the tree with Him.

Colossians 2:14
" Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.."

Jesus took all judgement ...and in Isa 53 it tells us that God saw it and was satisfied...
But I guess that is not good enough for man...they would still rather 'do it' themselves and try to prove themselves righteous!! Man is still trying today...

We follow the Lord and the law is now written in our heart ...LOVE will follow the Master.

His great love saved us...and we respond in love and faithfulness.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Galatians shows that the believer in the Gospel of the grace of God through faith in the Lord Jesus is under grace, not the law. Hebrews 7.12 says that the law was changed. Hebrews 7.19 says that what the believer now has is better than the law.

the example of Jesus is Jesus following the law.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Bless your heart. Either someone has mislead you, or you are just choosing to see what isn't there.
Jesus took the law with him and it was nailed to the tree with Him.

Colossians 2:14
" Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.."

Jesus took all judgement ...and in Isa 53 it tells us that God saw it and was satisfied...
But I guess that is not good enough for man...they would still rather 'do it' themselves and try to prove themselves righteous!! Man is still trying today...

We follow the Lord and the law is now written in our heart ...LOVE will follow the Master.

His great love saved us...and we respond in love and faithfulness.

the guy said if you follow the law you die in your sins.
Jesus followed the law.
therefore one can only conclude that according to this logic Jesus died in His sins.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue

@Dave L

Sometimes the alerts don't seem to work. When I have little time I look only at alerts. Then when I have more time I look at all of the new posts. sometimes when looking at new posts I will encounter posts that should have sent an alert to me, but I had never received. Sometime it would seem it is not that we purposely ignore a person's response. We simply are unaware that they responded.

Give God the glory!

This does def happen to me!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understood. I am saying that kind of issue is either deliberately caused by someone or the software has bugs, meaning problems that cause malfunctions.

If indeed, it was deliberate...God knows for certain and He is our Judge ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ followed the law, explain how you follow Him when you deviate from that example?

Jesus chose the law, did He die in His sins?
Jesus and all Jews were under the law BEFORE the cross. Jesus FULFILLED every iota of the Law perfectly, as NO man COULD EVER DO...other than He.
Jesus did not "die in "His" sin as He NEVER sinned. He took on OUR sin and paid the price for ALL of them once and for all. Simple...there is BEFORE the Cross and then there is AFTER the Cross.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and all Jews were under the law BEFORE the cross. Jesus FULFILLED every iota of the Law perfectly, as NO man COULD EVER DO...other than He.
Jesus did not "die in "His" sin as He NEVER sinned. He took on OUR sin and paid the price for ALL of them once and for all. Simple...there is BEFORE the Cross and then there is AFTER the Cross.

Plus Christ and the apostles violated the laws at times, which he defended.

Just as he defended it in some in the OT violated the laws for good reason.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
James, Peter and Paul all continued to follow the law, after the crucifixion, after the ascension.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the guy said if you follow the law you die in your sins.
Jesus followed the law.
therefore one can only conclude that according to this logic Jesus died in His sins.

Your ignorance shows....but you have made up your mind.
Have a nice day...

Reactions: Nancy

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Scripture backup?
James 2
11For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
if the law was over and done away with murder and adultery would irrelevant.

1 Corinthians 11
11 Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

Jesus followed the law and Paul imitates that

9And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!

what Jesus says of those that reject the commandments of His Father.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with being imitator Christ.

I agree when he healed the man on the Sabbath in violation of the law.

I agree when he defended the apostles and David and his army when they violated the law and gleaned grain from the field because they were hungry.

Christ did not push the letter of the law, but the intent of the law.

In the 10 Commandments were not Mosaic law. If they were where the stone tablets for the full Mosaic law?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Fulfillment doesn't mean he did the law. It means he fulfilled its purpose.

The Mosaic law has been annuled.

Mosaic law never applied to Gentiles.

i think you could not be more wrong on this one.
annulled means over and done with, destroyed.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

now lets sub fulfilled for destroy being as according to you this is what fulfill means

Jesus did not come to destroy the law but to destroy the law?
your idea makes no sense at all. not to mention it makes Jesus contradict himself in one single statement.
i will stick with my own idea, it means He did the law which syncs with the example of Jesus, an example that followed the law.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think you could not be more wrong on this one.
annulled means over and done with, destroyed.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

now lets sub fulfilled for destroy being as according to you this is what fulfill means

Jesus did not come to destroy the law but to destroy the law?
your idea makes no sense at all. not to mention it makes Jesus contradict himself in one single statement.
i will stick with my own idea, it means He did the law which syncs with the example of Jesus, an example that followed the law.

Jesus did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it, which he did. So the Mosaic law is over.

When Israel resumes as covenant nation they will receive the new covenant to the houses of Judah and Israel.

The church has the covenant Christ gave at the Last Supper. The new covenant of his blood.

There is no longer the law of Moses.

Jesus came to trying to return Israel to its true covenant status. They rejected him so God divorced them and replace them with the Gentiles as covenant people.

By your thinking Israel is still the covenant nation and the Gentiles are not church.

Only one covenant can be in operation at a time.

I repeat, Christ fulfilled the law as he said he would.

Romans 10:4 New International Version (NIV)
4 Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

annul

Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
an·nul
(ə-nŭl′)
tr.v. an·nulled, an·nul·ling, an·nuls
To make or declare void or invalid, as a marriage or a law; nullify.
2. To bring to an end the effect or existence of; cancel out: "That task would be easier to perform now that his personal stake in it was annulled" (Edith Wharton).

Last edited:

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Jesus did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it, which he did. So the Mosaic law is over.
if its over its destroyed. you can try and spin this 50 thousand different ways yet the end result is the exact same thing - destroyed.

When Israel resumes as covenant nation they will receive the new covenant to the houses of Judah and Israel.

The church has the covenant Christ gave at the Last Supper. The new covenant of his blood.

There is no longer the law of Moses.

By your thinking Israel is still the covenant nation and the Gentiles are not church.

Only one covenant can be in operation at a time.

I repeat, Christ fulfilled the law as he said he would.

Romans 10:4 New International Version (NIV)
4 Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

the Essenes of Qumran were a new covenant community, they were still Jews and they still obeyed the law.

Israel didnt reject Jesus the secular and religious leadership rejected Jesus, this would be about half of one percent of the people.

the church is those that follow what Jesus taught.

Jesus came to trying to return Israel to its true covenant status. They rejected him so God divorced them and replace them with the Gentiles as covenant people.

just so i understand this correctly, rome kills Jesus, and the response from the Most High, move the church to rome? WOW!
BTW James lead the first church and it was in Jerusalem and lead by a Jew. IMO this church was not new or the first, it was the same church as always just brought back to what it had fallen from. and rome destroyed it to.
and one more interesting fact about rome. before and after they "became" Christian their destruction and brutality on other people never changed.