How Free Will Destroys the Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Are you ignoring me Dave? Your poster not showing up in the alerts and you don't talk to me anymore.
I'm not ignoring you. I thought you were being unusually quiet too. It's good knowing you are not ignoring me.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue

@Dave L

Sometimes the alerts don't seem to work. When I have little time I look only at alerts. Then when I have more time I look at all of the new posts. sometimes when looking at new posts I will encounter posts that should have sent an alert to me, but I had never received. Sometime it would seem it is not that we purposely ignore a person's response. We simply are unaware that they responded.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Nancy and Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue

@Dave L

Sometimes the alerts don't seem to work. When I have little time I look only at alerts. Then when I have more time I look at all of the new posts. sometimes when looking at new posts I will encounter posts that should have sent an alert to me, but I had never received. Sometime it would seem it is not that we purposely ignore a person's response. We simply are unaware that they responded.

Give God the glory!

Just strange it was only one person per many days.

Never have had that problem on my site. So if it is a software issue than it is in the style used. I use default.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just strange it was only one person per many days.

Never have had that problem on my site. So if it is a software issue than it is in the style used. I use default.
I have not regularly used any other forums but this one for quite a while. My experience now is here and here sometimes definitely seems to work better than at other times. Not being an expert I don't try to figure out why. I just move along as best I can trying to follow the Lord.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not regularly used any other forums but this one for quite a while. My experience now is here and here sometimes definitely seems to work better than at other times. Not being an expert I don't try to figure our why. I just move along as best I can trying to follow the Lord.

Understood. I am saying that kind of issue is either deliberately caused by someone or the software has bugs, meaning problems that cause malfunctions.

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
beautiful-young-girl-with-lettering-really-pop-art-style-Download-Royalty-free-Vector-File-EPS-153210.jpg
@OzSpen So, found any more good pictures like this? :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
it makes no difference how many laws there are we can call it a zillion plus infinity and it still would not change the fact that Jesus followed the law and Jesus is our example.
The law was changed (Hebrews 7.12) and what we now have is better than the law (Hebrews 7.19).

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How on earth can freewill “destroy” the gospel!
Nothing has ever destroyed the gospel....the same as nothing can destroy Gods Word.

Reactions: Nancy and mjrhealth

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
The law was changed (Hebrews 7.12) and what we now have is better than the law (Hebrews 7.19).
"better than the law" this idea IMO pretty much sums up most of the problems with Christianity today. the law was given by the Most High, He is called the Most High because there is no one higher, no one greater, no one mightier, yet today we think our laws are better than what He could do, our laws are higher than the Most High . . . absolutely mind boggling.
makes about as much sense as believing the example of Jesus (THE LAW) is not our example. follow Jesus, just dont follow Him.
its like waking up in the twilight zone.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"better than the law" this idea IMO pretty much sums up most of the problems with Christianity today. the law was given by the Most High, He is called the Most High because there is no one higher, no one greater, no one mightier, yet today we think our laws are better than what He could do, our laws are higher than the Most High . . . absolutely mind boggling.
makes about as much sense as believing the example of Jesus (THE LAW) is not our example. follow Jesus, just dont follow Him.

ye mind boggling isnt it, that God should give the Jews the law to teach them about sin, and than the gentiles stole the law from the Jews and now parade around proudly in there sins , shouting "hey look at us we are sinners because the law says so", and toss Jesus and His grace aside, ye God is pretty silly isnt He. christianty certainly makes Him look pretty foolish.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
ye mind boggling isnt it, that God should give the Jews the law to teach them about sin, and than the gentiles stole the law from the Jews and now parade around proudly in there sins , shouting "hey look at us we are sinners because the law says so", and toss Jesus and His grace aside, ye God is pretty silly isnt He. christianty certainly makes Him look pretty foolish.
Gentiles stole the law? what Gentiles? Jesus, the 12, Paul, John B, Joseph, Mary, etc were all Jews. do you mean rome? they were gentiles, do we follow imperial rome or those guys in the bible?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gentiles stole the law? what Gentiles? Jesus, the 12, Paul, John B, Joseph, Mary, etc were all Jews. do you mean rome? they were gentiles, do we follow imperial rome or those guys in the bible?
We follow Christ yet you to are so blind even the Jews are supposed to be dead to the law

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

but you can choose teh law if you must and die in your sins because all it could ever do and does, is kill people.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just read what Hebrews 7.12 says.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
We follow Christ yet you to are so blind even the Jews are supposed to be dead to the law
Christ followed the law, explain how you follow Him when you deviate from that example?

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

but you can choose teh law if you must and die in your sins because all it could ever do and does, is kill people.
Jesus chose the law, did He die in His sins?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ followed the law, explain how you follow Him when you deviate from that example?

Jesus chose the law, did He die in His sins?

Jesus was a Jew He had to fulfill the Law that was the requirement, you are not a Jew, the Law was never given to you, you got grace which you may reject for the law if you wish. One master which is it.