How God Can Witness & Judge Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sons of God were never angels. They were reference to Israel's family tree.
Wrong.

Look in your KJV at Deuteronomy 32:8 where it reads 'children of Israel' there is a side note that states:
The LXX, DSS = angels of God, Symmachus, Latin = sons of God.

They are angels and that particular verse is referring to fallen angels.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels is right there in the Strong's Concordance definition of Elohim.

elohim: God, god

Original Word: אֱלהִים
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: elohim
Phonetic Spelling: (el-o-heem')
Definition: God, god

b.
divine ones, superhuman beings including God and angels

Meaning the term is defined by how it is used in the verse.

What Does Elohim Mean and Why Is This Name of God So Important?

Quoting from link "The term "Elohim" means “supreme one” or “mighty one.” It is not only used of the one true God but is also used on occasion to refer to human rulers, judges, and even angels." End of quote.

Also, the Hebrew word mal' akh is for angel like the Greek term angelos is.

Anyway for trying to show that God spoke to angels for the creation of man or for scattering the people at the tower of Babylon, does not hold against the proof in scripture that He needs no one help as He just speaks it and it is done.

Isaiah 40:12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance? 13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him? 14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

Isaiah 55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it

So the problem remains for you to answer to Whom was the Lord speaking to and yet in scripture only the Lord did it?

Is the Lord crazy in talking to Himself?

Or is Elohim plural for a reason as describing that One God having Three Persons that makes up the One God? Since the Word of God is the Creator, one may discern that the Son asked the Father for permission to create man in "our mage & after our likeness". and having gotten His approval and the Spirit's compliance, He created man in His image & after His likeness.

That explains the Lord talking to His Father in making that request for how the Lord created man in His image.

John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made....

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

All the truths in His words line up for me in seeing this truth in His words of the Three witnesses within the One God for God to establish a word in creation or to judge any one..

Reactions: Cassandra

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

Look in your KJV at Deuteronomy 32:8 where it reads 'children of Israel' there is a side note that states:
The LXX, DSS = angels of God, Symmachus, Latin = sons of God.

They are angels and that particular verse is referring to fallen angels.

Side notes also have the behemoth as a hippo or an elephant when neither has a tail long as a tree which is what a cedar is.

Sons of God where sons was derived from in Hebrew word "ben" is builder of the family name.

Angels are not marrying nor given in marriage for why they cannot be referred to as the sons of God.

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

So those women would not be called "wives" to the sons of God in scripture if they were angels because God would not join them together for the to be called wives to them. God is not joining people in same sex marriages so you better believe He is not joining angel or fallen angels to women.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meaning the term is defined by how it is used in the verse.

What Does Elohim Mean and Why Is This Name of God So Important?

Quoting from link "The term "Elohim" means “supreme one” or “mighty one.” It is not only used of the one true God but is also used on occasion to refer to human rulers, judges, and even angels." End of quote.

Also, the Hebrew word mal' akh is for angel like the Greek term angelos is.

Anyway for trying to show that God spoke to angels for the creation of man or for scattering the people at the tower of Babylon, does not hold against the proof in scripture that He needs no one help as He just speaks it and it is done.

Isaiah 40:12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance? 13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him? 14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

Isaiah 55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it

So the problem remains for you to answer to Whom was the Lord speaking to and yet in scripture only the Lord did it?

Is the Lord crazy in talking to Himself?

Or is Elohim plural for a reason as describing that One God having Three Persons that makes up the One God? Since the Word of God is the Creator, one may discern that the Son asked the Father for permission to create man in "our mage & after our likeness". and having gotten His approval and the Spirit's compliance, He created man in His image & after His likeness.

That explains the Lord talking to His Father in making that request for how the Lord created man in His image.

John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made....

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

All the truths in His words line up for me in seeing this truth in His words of the Three witnesses within the One God for God to establish a word in creation or to judge any one..
Why do you keep posting extra-biblical sources as if they're somehow authoritative in the debate?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in the KJV they don't.

In the footnote of the KJV's Liberty Annotated Bible Study page 843 for Job 40:17 they attributed the behemoth a hyperbole for a hippo or a crocodile.

My KJV's Defender's Study Bible by Henry Morris has the correction that it was not an elephant nor a hippo.

That correction was necessary because there are a few KJV Bibles with that errant footnote. I had seen one in referring to the behemoth as a hippo or an elephant but I cannot recall the exact one right now.

My mother's KJV Bible has no footnotes. So basically, it is the ones with the footnotes or marginal notes that one has to watch out for.

That's modern mis-translations for ya.

I agree. Goes to show how our education in Christians schools are off too. This is why we are to prove everything with the Lord and not take anything at face value, even when reading our Bible in the KJV.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you not referring to Strong's Concordance before I had replied?
Strong's Concordance defines Biblical words in their original language. It is unbiased and supports scripture exactly as it is written.

Extra-biblical sources are other people's opinions and teachings about their personal take on concepts, sometimes man-made, within the Bible.

There's a very legitimate difference.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the footnote of the KJV's Liberty Annotated Bible Study page 843 for Job 40:17 they attributed the behemoth a hyperbole for a hippo or a crocodile.

My KJV's Defender's Study Bible by Henry Morris has the correction that it was not an elephant nor a hippo.

That correction was necessary because there are a few KJV Bibles with that errant footnote. I had seen one in referring to the behemoth as a hippo or an elephant but I cannot recall the exact one right now.

My mother's KJV Bible has no footnotes. So basically, it is the ones with the footnotes or marginal notes that one has to watch out for.

I agree. Goes to show how our education in Christians schools are off too. This is why we are to prove everything with the Lord and not take anything at face value, even when reading our Bible in the KJV.
That's fair.

But the DSS and LXX are actually ancient versions of the Bible, much older than the KJV. So I considered that a legit note. The Targum is another very old version that uses Sons of God there as well. It seems that there is a bit of scripture there about the Fallen Angels, or their offspring, being referenced. No telling why more modern translations decided to change it to children of Israel.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strong's Concordance defines Biblical words in their original language. It is unbiased and supports scripture exactly as it is written.

Extra-biblical sources are other people's opinions and teachings about their personal take on concepts, sometimes man-made, within the Bible.

There's a very legitimate difference.

Actually, I consider Strong's Concordance in the same category as an extra biblical source, that can be influenced by widely accepted belief that can be carried over into Strong's Concordance; like considering Gehenna as a reference to the lake of fire when it has always been a reference to a place on earth as the Lord renamed it as the valley of slaughter.

Jeremiah 19:6 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter.

That is what Jesus referred to and cannot mean anything else but what God renamed it for; a valley of slaughter on earth.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fair.

But the DSS and LXX are actually ancient versions of the Bible, much older than the KJV. So I considered that a legit note. The Targum is another very old version that uses Sons of God there as well. It seems that there is a bit of scripture there about the Fallen Angels, or their offspring, being referenced. No telling why more modern translations decided to change it to children of Israel.

Because Jesus said so.

Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? 25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Angels do not marry nor are given in marriage. They cannot be the sons of God if they can not multiply to have families.

So what does that say about the oldest versions of the Bible? Did they originate from Alexandria where poetic licensing and Gnosticism was known to exist?

I do not know if this applies to DSS & LXX or not, but the oldest manuscript being the best manuscript is circumspect as coming from the region of Alexandria. Changed messages in the manuscript served Gnosticism enough to build their erroneous belief starting with to use tongues for private use for self edification. I really believe that is where they get that name of Gnosticism from as known as "hidden" or "secret" knowledge.

By using tongues for private use and not studying from the scripture is more than likely why their manuscripts are the oldest because they do not wear them out from extensive use as other Christian churches would do, for why they have no oldest manuscripts because they loved Him & His words. I believe Paul was addressing this errant practice below;

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayhap because the co equal as inferring that each is God is throwing that reading off in scripture.

The Father is in authority as it is His will to be done. The Son is subject to that authority in doing the Father's will. His prayer before His coming crucifixion shows that.

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

This in turn as of now, the Spirit is in subjection to the Son in glorifying Christ as the Son is the Head of the Church doing His Father's will.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

But there are scriptures testifying to the Three Persons of that One God as dwelling within us since our salvation.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him..... 25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

God as the Three Witnesses within that One God as dwelling within us is telling every one that He has saved us since we had come to & believed in Jesus Christ.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

1 Coirnthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Ask Jesus for help to see the truth in His words because there are scripture testifying to the Three Witnesses within the One God.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Those 3 Witnesses as that One God is affirming what we say that God is with us since we have been saved by faith in Jesus Christ as God our Savior.

People have been deceived into believe this lie of the Trinity for centuries and I don't expect the majority of the people will listen to the truth. That's their choice I don't try to force people to believe the truth, there's no good in that and I'm not going to argue with you. You like the majority who say they're Christian will believe it was God who became human not the Only Begotten Son of God who became human and died for mankind.

Reactions: Wrangler

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have been deceived into believe this lie of the Trinity for centuries and I don't expect the majority of the people will listen to the truth.

Even if it is in scripture? You do seem to deny the existence of those scripture that has the testimony of the plurality within that One God.

I can understand if you have a Bible that does not have 1 John 5:7 like it is in the KJV, but other scriptures were given, brother.

That's their choice I don't try to force people to believe the truth, there's no good in that and I'm not going to argue with you. You like the majority who say they're Christian will believe it was God who became human not the Only Begotten Son of God who became human and died for mankind.

If you guys are to reprove others by the scripture, then you have to address those scriptures that testify to the plurality of the One God dwelling within us to align it with the scripture you claim "supposedly limits" God as the Father only.

I can align the scriptures you guys use because there is a rank within the Godhood and that is the Father's will be done and all power has been given unto the Son in the ministry for why the Holy Spirit is now serving as the Spirit of Christ in seeking to testify of the Son to glorify the Son as a Witness thru us.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

For the Holy Spirit to be a witness to "testify" of the Son, He has to be a Person just as we are when we testify of the Son.

For the Holy Spirit to make intercessions for us with groanings that cannot be utter for why the "he" in verse 27 is Jesus Christ Whom is that "He" that searches our hearts and therefore that He that knows the mind of the Spirit to give the Spirit's silent intercessions to the Father.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Why is it the will of God the Father for Christ alone to be the One giving all those intercessions, and that means our prayer requests, the Spirit's silent intercessions, and His own intercessions to the Father?

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Jesus as God answers prayers permitted by the Father per His will for why the Father is glorified in the Son for answers to prayers.

Since Gos is the Savior and yet Jesus is the Savior, then Jesus is God because God will not share His glory as Savior with another.

Isaiah 48:11 For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another. 12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Revelation 1:7 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The importance of believing in the Lord Jesus Christ as God or else you will die in your sins cannot be dismiss for He is God our Redeemer.

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There sure are a lot of HOW does God do things threads. Seems a bit impertinent and lessons of Job are lost on the advocates.

Even if it is in scripture? You do seem to deny the existence of those scripture that has the testimony of the plurality within that One God.

If you guys are to reprove others by the scripture, then you have to address those scriptures that testify to the plurality of the One God dwelling within us to align it with the scripture you claim "supposedly limits" God as the Father only.

I can align the scriptures you guys use because there is a rank within the Godhood and that is the Father's will be done and all power has been given unto the Son in the ministry for why the Holy Spirit is now serving as the Spirit of Christ in seeking to testify of the Son to glorify the Son as a Witness thru us.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

For the Holy Spirit to be a witness to "testify" of the Son, He has to be a Person just as we are when we testify of the Son.

For the Holy Spirit to make intercessions for us with groanings that cannot be utter for why the "he" in verse 27 is Jesus Christ Whom is that "He" that searches our hearts and therefore that He that knows the mind of the Spirit to give the Spirit's silent intercessions to the Father.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Why is it the will of God the Father for Christ alone to be the One giving all those intercessions, and that means our prayer requests, the Spirit's silent intercessions, and His own intercessions to the Father?

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Jesus as God answers prayers permitted by the Father per His will for why the Father is glorified in the Son for answers to prayers.

Since Gos is the Savior and yet Jesus is the Savior, then Jesus is God because God will not share His glory as Savior with another.

Isaiah 48:11 For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another. 12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Revelation 1:7 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The importance of believing in the Lord Jesus Christ or else you will die in your sins, as God cannot be dismiss for He is God our Redeemer.

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can understand if you have a Bible that does not have 1 John 5:7 like it is in the KJV, but other scriptures were given, brother.

The importance of believing in the Lord Jesus Christ as God or else you will die in your sins cannot be dismiss for He is God our Redeemer.

Modern scholars do not hesitate to omit from their Bible translations the spurious passage found at First John 5:7, 8. After the words “For there are three witness bearers” this added passage reads, “in heaven, the Father, the Word and the holy spirit; and these three are one. (Omitted by the American Standard Version, An American Translation, English Revised Version, Moffatt, New English Bible, Phillips, Rotherham, Revised Standard Version, Schonfield, Wade, Wand, Weymouth, etc.) Commenting on these words, the famous scholar and prelate B. F. Westcott said, “The words which are interpolated in the common Greek text in this passage offer an instructive illustration of the formation and introduction of a gloss into the apostolic text.”

It is an outright lie that the trinity doctrine is in the scriptures. I know that you can find someone who believes in the trinity to deny that, so what. Even what God inspired men to write down and put in his book Trinitarians disagree with by interpreting them to mean something other than what God inspired men to write down as though God can't convey accurately his thoughts to us. Nowhere did Gods Holy Spirit inspired men to write down that you must exercise faith that Jesus is God to be saved but instead the Holy Spirit inspired men to write down you must believe Jesus to be the Only Begotten Son of God and that the Only Begotten Son of God sacrificed himself and was resurrected three days later by his Father and God YHWH.

John 8:23 teaches us that Gods Only Begotten Son existed in heaven before he became human. The Only Begotten Son is the Word at John 1:1 at 1John 4:9
The apostle John describes the Lord Jesus Christ as the only-begotten Son of God. Joh 1:14; 3:16, 18; 1Jo 4:9 This is not having anything to do with his human birth or to him as just the man Jesus. As the Loʹgos, or Word, “this one was in the beginning with God,” even “before the world was.” Joh 1:1, 2; 17:5, 24 At that time while he was in heaven and before coming to mankind as a human he is described as the “only-begotten Son” whom his Father sent “into the world.” 1Jo 4:9.

He is described as having “a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father,” the one residing “in the bosom position with the Father.” (Joh 1:14, 18) That's a very close Father and Son relationship that the Only Begotten Son of God has with his Father and God.

In [John] 3:16, 18; 1 Jn. 4:9; John 1:18 the relation of Jesus is not just compared to that of an only child to its father. It is the relation of the only-begotten to the Father. In Jn. 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 Jn. 4:9 μονογενής denotes more than the uniqueness or incomparability of Jesus. In all these verses He is expressly called the Son, and He is regarded as such in 1:14. In Jn. μονογενής denotes the origin of Jesus. He is μονογενής as the only-begotten.” The Word is the Only Begotten Son. It is those who deny that God sent his Only Begotten Son to die for mankind and was resurrected three days later by his Father and God YHWH that will not be saved.

What you and others choose to believe is your choice and you have a right to your choice, but as for me I believe YHWH is the True God and Father of Jesus. The Apostle John said what he was inspired to write was not to teach Jesus is God but that he is the Son of God. John 20:30,31

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Modern scholars do not hesitate to omit from their Bible translations the spurious passage found at First John 5:7, 8. After the words “For there are three witness bearers” this added passage reads, “in heaven, the Father, the Word and the holy spirit; and these three are one. (Omitted by the American Standard Version, An American Translation, English Revised Version, Moffatt, New English Bible, Phillips, Rotherham, Revised Standard Version, Schonfield, Wade, Wand, Weymouth, etc.) Commenting on these words, the famous scholar and prelate B. F. Westcott said, “The words which are interpolated in the common Greek text in this passage offer an instructive illustration of the formation and introduction of a gloss into the apostolic text.”

Well, if you place your faith in modern scholars than the Holy Spirit in you, then I do not see you proving anything by Jesus Christ.

You can go to this link to a modern scholar by the name of David W. Daniels who researched that there are Greek manuscripts with 1 John 5:7 as originally scripture, just not that many and he explained why.

He also shared a list extra-biblical sources where they referenced that verse in debates as far back as 200 A.D.

Chick.com: Is 1 John 5:7 not in any Greek manuscript before the 1600s? If it is true, why is it in the KJV?

It is an outright lie that the trinity doctrine is in the scriptures. I know that you can find someone who believes in the trinity to deny that, so what. Even what God inspired men to write down and put in his book Trinitarians disagree with by interpreting them to mean something other than what God inspired men to write down as though God can't convey accurately his thoughts to us. Nowhere did Gods Holy Spirit inspired men to write down that you must exercise faith that Jesus is God to be saved but instead the Holy Spirit inspired men to write down you must believe Jesus to be the Only Begotten Son of God and that the Only Begotten Son of God sacrificed himself and was resurrected three days later by his Father and God YHWH.

Ignoring scriptures of the plurality within the One God is not going to win any points here. John 14:23 & John 14:26

John 8:23 teaches us that Gods Only Begotten Son existed in heaven before he became human. The Only Begotten Son is the Word at John 1:1 at 1John 4:9
The apostle John describes the Lord Jesus Christ as the only-begotten Son of God. Joh 1:14; 3:16, 18; 1Jo 4:9 This is not having anything to do with his human birth or to him as just the man Jesus. As the Loʹgos, or Word, “this one was in the beginning with God,” even “before the world was.” Joh 1:1, 2; 17:5, 24 At that time while he was in heaven and before coming to mankind as a human he is described as the “only-begotten Son” whom his Father sent “into the world.” 1Jo 4:9.

Jesus Is Jehovah

Scriptures proves Jesus is Jehovah.

He is described as having “a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father,” the one residing “in the bosom position with the Father.” (Joh 1:14, 18) That's a very close Father and Son relationship that the Only Begotten Son of God has with his Father and God.

In [John] 3:16, 18; 1 Jn. 4:9; John 1:18 the relation of Jesus is not just compared to that of an only child to its father. It is the relation of the only-begotten to the Father. In Jn. 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 Jn. 4:9 μονογενής denotes more than the uniqueness or incomparability of Jesus. In all these verses He is expressly called the Son, and He is regarded as such in 1:14. In Jn. μονογενής denotes the origin of Jesus. He is μονογενής as the only-begotten.” The Word is the Only Begotten Son. It is those who deny that God sent his Only Begotten Son to die for mankind and was resurrected three days later by his Father and God YHWH that will not be saved.

What you and others choose to believe is your choice and you have a right to your choice, but as for me I believe YHWH is the True God and Father of Jesus. The Apostle John said what he was inspired to write was not to teach Jesus is God but that he is the Son of God. John 20:30,31

God is the Savior & yet Jesus is the Savior, therefore Jesus is God. Why? Because God would not share His glory as Savior with nobody else.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Unless you can explain these references away, there is another one that testifies to the Three Witnesses within the One God.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

How can the Lord the Redeemer testify of the Lord God & His Spirit had sent Him? That's Three Witness within that One God. May God open your eyes to see the truth in His words.

The thing that is wrong about the Trinity doctrine is thinking it is okay to honor & worship the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son when the Holy Spirit in us would not do that when He is leading us to bear witness of the Son to glorify the Son thru us; John 15:26-27 & John 16:14.

By knowing how the Holy Spirit does not speak in ministry, one may understand why He is known as the Spirit of Christ as keeping our focus on the Son, the Bridegroom, because He shall be appearing soon for those abiding in Him & His words.

How the Holy Spirit Does Not Speak in Ministry

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayhap because the co equal as inferring that each is God is throwing that reading off in scripture.

The Father is in authority as it is His will to be done. The Son is subject to that authority in doing the Father's will. His prayer before His coming crucifixion shows that.
If Jesus has to submit Himself to the Father's authority, then Jesus is not equal to His Father, now is He? That upsets the whole trinitarian argument right there, since the trinity doctrine teaches that Jesus is His Father's equal. The fact that you're arguing in circles shows how the trinity doctrine is a merry-go-round of confusion that never really goes anywhere. First you say Jesus and the Father are equal in authority, then you admit Jesus is inferior in authority, then you circled back to saying Jesus is equal in authority. Both of those things can't be true since there has never been a time where Jesus was equal to His Father in authority.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus has to submit Himself to the Father's authority, then Jesus is not equal to His Father, now is He? That upsets the whole trinitarian argument right there, since the trinity doctrine teaches that Jesus is His Father's equal. The fact that you're arguing in circles shows how the trinity doctrine is a merry-go-round of confusion that never really goes anywhere. First you say Jesus and the Father are equal in authority, then you admit Jesus is inferior in authority, then you circled back to saying Jesus is equal in authority. Both of those things can't be true since there has never been a time where Jesus was equal to His Father in authority.

The son of a human is a human. The Son of the living God is therefore God.

In any family, the father has authority for why he is "greater" in that regard but that does not make the son less human, but doing the father's will.