How God Can Witness & Judge Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered how man was ever made after His image and after His likeness? Or better, yet why the request to make man was after our image and after our likeness?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Or how about how God judges the people at the tower of Babel?

Genesis 11:5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. 8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. 9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Look how the Lord commands men in how to judge any one not by one person, but by 2 or 3 witnesses.

Deuteronomy 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

Look at how He commands two or three witnesses to establish a matter.

Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

Is it the same for the N.T.?

Matthew 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

2 Corinthians 13:This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Now if God was a One Person God, would He not be a hypocrite for establishing any word in creation or for judging any one?

Does this not testify indirectly of how there are 3 Witnesses within the One God for His word to be true?

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

So how can a One Person God testify of Himself without being a hypocrite?

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

Is that why God the Father spoke from Heaven and had His testimony added with the Holy Spirit's lighting on the Son like a dove to be true?

Matthew 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Was Jesus referring to this prophesy below to fulfill all righteousness by?

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

The Lord God Our Redeemer is speaking and yet the Lord God and His Spirit sent Him?

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. 9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Like a lot of believers having a hard time wrapping their heads around the Triune God, this is why they took verse 7 out of scripture, but when they did that, verse 9 falls flat because how can the One Person God's witness be greater than the many men's witness?

Chick.com: Is 1 John 5:7 not in any Greek manuscript before the 1600s? If it is true, why is it in the KJV?

P.S. I do not agree with Jack Chick's condemnation of Catholics going to hell since they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God raised Him from the dead is why they are saved, but are at risk of being left behind when the Bridegroom comes for works that deny Him.

However, this web page is from an author named David W. Daniels and he shares knowledge from his book regarding how and why 1 John 5:7 is originally scripture as he does list extrabiblical sources in debates about the Trinity & the deity of Christ starting back in 200 A.D. referring to the Three Witnesses in scripture. This proves 1 John 5:7 was and is originally scripture.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered how man was ever made after His image and after His likeness? Or better, yet why the request to make man was after our image and after our likeness?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 11:5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. 8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. 9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Look how the Lord commands men in how to judge any one not by one person, but by 2 or 3 witnesses.

Deuteronomy 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

Matthew 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

2 Corinthians 13:This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Now if God was a One Person God, would He not be a hypocrite for establishing any word in creation or for judging any one?

Does this not testify indirectly of how there are 3 Witnesses within the One God for His word to be true?

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

Is that why God the Father spoke from Heaven and had His testimony added with the Holy Spirit's lighting on the Son like a dove to be true?

Matthew 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

The Lord God Our Redeemer is speaking and yet the Lord God and His Spirit sent Him?

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. 9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Like a lot of believers having a hard time wrapping their heads around the Triune God, this is why they took verse 7 out of scripture, but when they did that, verse 9 falls flat because how can the One Person God's witness be greater than the many men's witness?

Chick.com: Is 1 John 5:7 not in any Greek manuscript before the 1600s? If it is true, why is it in the KJV?

P.S. I do not agree with Jack Chick's condemnation of Catholics going to hell since they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God raised Him from the dead is why they are saved, but are at risk of being left behind when the Bridegroom comes for works that deny Him.

However, this web page is from an author named David W. Daniels and he shares knowledge from his book regarding how and why 1 John 5:7 is originally scripture as he does list extrabiblical sources in debates about the Trinity & the deity of Christ starting back in 200 A.D. referring to the Three Witnesses in scripture. This proves 1 John 5:7 was and is originally scripture.
I don't know how God does it, but he does it. I suppose there is a little bit of "what goes around comes around" involved.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does being three persons maked it easier to witness and judge someone?

That is what God commands of men to do when judging any one or establishing a testimony.

Is the same for the N.T.

As God commands men, that testifies how He does what He did in creation & judgement because there are Three witnesses within the One God.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what God commands of men to do when judging any one or establishing a testimony.

Is the same for the N.T.

As God commands men, that testifies how He does what He did in creation & judgement because there are Three witnesses within the One God.
God is perfect and therefore is fit to judge. He doesn't need help.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is perfect and therefore is fit to judge. He doesn't need help.

By His words, then there has to be Two Other Witnesses within that One God for Jesus Christ to judge any one.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Since God the Father does not judge, but the Son does, what does that make the Son? God.

So the Father & the Spirit serves as Two Witnesses within the One God for the Son to judge any one as the One God.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By His words, then there has to be Two Other Witnesses within that One God for Jesus Christ to judge any one.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Since God the Father does not judge, but the Son does, what does that make the Son? God.

So the Father & the Spirit serves as Two Witnesses within the One God for the Son to judge any one as the One God.
With people you need two or three witnesses, but God is perfect and able to judge all by himself.

Reactions: Wrangler

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Human beings are not all-knowing, so you need two or three witnesses to convict. But God is all-knowing, so he can judge by himself.

Ask Jesus since wisdom comes from the Lord.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Very, very interesting! :)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask Jesus since wisdom comes from the Lord.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
I don't need to ask anybody anything - I know that God is all-knowing.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

When God is responsible for all things?
Great question.
Colossians 1
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

But He did not make them think their thoughts or cause their sin, the thrones, dominions, principalities, powers, angelic hosts fell and willfully sinned

Who let the Serpent into the garden? Well God left the door open. The fall in Eden was preordained or determined beforehand, Christ is the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Colossians 1 is a good read on who Christ is in relationship to God

Here is Colossians 2 on the 'Godhead'
The Godhead signifies the forms of God, forms is also used to describe Christ.

8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

Philippians 2:5-7
New King James Version

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

John 1
16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

That shows a high and tight personal intimacy similar to a mother and child in a way.
Christ is the beloved Son of the Father.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need to ask anybody anything - I know that God is all-knowing.

Scripture says to ask the Lord for wisdom. That is different than knowing God is all knowing.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When God is responsible for all things?
Great question.

Which goes to point what God commands of men not to judge any one by one witness, but with two or three witnesses, is how God judges any one because there are Three Witnesses within the One God.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says to ask the Lord for wisdom. That is different than knowing God is all knowing.

But I know that God is all-knowing. There are some things I take on faith, and that is one of them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The Father judges no one, but has given all judgement to the Son

Scripture testify that God is not a One Person God but a Three Persons in One God
then get tryna Quote that imo, that you may come to see how untrue that is :)
there are no “persons” in Yah wadr, unless you can Quote that?
There is only One Immortal, Who dwells alone in unapproachable light
i think it is?

Last edited: