How Long? A lamentation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How Long Oh LORD that the wicked Prosper? How long will you cast your children into the fiery trials? How long oh LORD, will you wait to lift up your saints?

The world is pressing around your children, the Wicked are thriving, the wicked glory in their strength and riches, while your children wallow in poverty and pain.

How Long will you allow this?

I looked up, and behold I saw tears in your eyes, I saw the almighty looking down with tears saying, "my children, My plans are bigger than your suffering, My heart yearns to be with you to lift you up, to rescue you, But my mercy for others holds me back. For when I lift you up those souls will meet my judgment, who do not know me."

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
How Long Oh LORD that the wicked Prosper? How long will you cast your children into the fiery trials? How long oh LORD, will you wait to lift up your saints?

The world is pressing around your children, the Wicked are thriving, the wicked glory in their strength and riches, while your children wallow in poverty and pain.

How Long will you allow this?

I looked up, and behold I saw tears in your eyes, I saw the almighty looking down with tears saying, "my children, My plans are bigger than your suffering, My heart yearns to be with you to lift you up, to rescue you, But my mercy for others holds me back. For when I lift you up those souls will meet my judgment, who do not know me."

The Psalms are so searching....

Psalm 73.17 comes to mind: "Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end."

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Psalms are so searching....

Psalm 73.17 comes to mind: "Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end."

Yes, this is based off of Psalm 13....

The following is from Charles Wesley...

1ARM of the Lord, awake, awake! The terrors of the Lord display; Out of their sins the nations shake, Tear their vain confidence away; Conclude them all in unbelief, And fill their hearts with sacred grief.

2Of judgment now the world convince, The end of Jesus coming show; To sentence their usurping prince, Him and his works destroy below; To finish and abolish sin, And bring the heavenly nature in.

3Then the whole earth again shall rest, And see its paradise restored; Then every soul, in Jesus blest, Shall bear the image of its Lord, In finished holiness renewed, Immeasurably filled with God.

ARM of the Lord, awake, awake! - Sermon Index

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, this is based off of Psalm 13....

The following is from Charles Wesley...

1ARM of the Lord, awake, awake! The terrors of the Lord display; Out of their sins the nations shake, Tear their vain confidence away; Conclude them all in unbelief, And fill their hearts with sacred grief.

2Of judgment now the world convince, The end of Jesus coming show; To sentence their usurping prince, Him and his works destroy below; To finish and abolish sin, And bring the heavenly nature in.

3Then the whole earth again shall rest, And see its paradise restored; Then every soul, in Jesus blest, Shall bear the image of its Lord, In finished holiness renewed, Immeasurably filled with God.

ARM of the Lord, awake, awake! - Sermon Index
The Wesley brothers wrote a lot of good hymns...

Reactions: David H.