How long will the Man of Lawlessness Be Sitting in Your Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Magdalene

Feb 24, 2021
Ostio Lido
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Your view of 2 thess is dead wrong, you ignore context, a few people have tried to show you it in context and you ignored and mocked them

again, your hurt your own case, that plus your pride in what you say

yeah, good luck
I've moved on now. This site is in the dense darkness of the carnal-mind like all other dead sites.

I've moved on to my new thread - "Do you Forbid Speaking in Tongues?" -
No doubt you do to - I know your type.
The spewed-out ones.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
II Thessalonians is the context -
If you can't deal with one scripture to start with, it's unlikely your sincere to deal with the context.

Let's see how honest you are - Are you the New Man or Old Man?
My dear, I care not for the judgement of men as to my honesty or not as I have found this judgement miserably inadequate.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've moved on now. This site is in the dense darkness of the carnal-mind like all other dead sites.

The spewed-out ones.
Good day ma’am

i have no power to forbid speaking in tongues, so your discernment is as bad as your interpretation

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now you think you are high and mighty when you cannot even interpret what is plainly stated. So it is better if you move on.
ohhh Enoch...I see your equilibrium is easily unsettled. We have need for much patience with each other.

Magdalene

Feb 24, 2021
Ostio Lido
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
My dear, I care not for the judgement of men as to my honesty or not as I have found this judgement miserably inadequate.

Of course, you're not able to provide the alternative, for in doing so, you'd have ramble on outside of context - they all do - the masses of unilluminated mortals in the wide gate to death - Matthew 7:13.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it has to be, Otherwise, the abomination of desolation can not take place
My understanding of abominations in the Bible is anything or anyone that is debased and extremely detestable to God. The Antichrist would be considered an abomination: who he is, his purpose and what he does. What he does is cause desolation, destruction of Gods people, and leaving Jerusalem desolate. Antiochus Eliphanes went into the Temple of God and sacrificed pigs. That was an abomination to God. He also killed Israelites leaving Jerusalem desolate.
It begs the question, why would God not think that a new Temple built by Jews be an abomination? He destroyed the Old Temple and before that, it was basically useless after Jesus was crucified.
The Christian is now the Temple and so what purpose would a new Temple serve especially when according to Rom. 11, when Jesus returns, He will save a remnant Jewish population and open their eyes? Imagine Jews sacrificing animals once again. It would be the ultimate insult, more than anything the Antichrist would do on it.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ohhh Enoch...I see your equilibrium is easily unsettled. We have need for much patience with each other.
If people will not accept proper Bible interpretation to avoid false doctrine, what do you recommend?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The spewed-out ones.
Do you find joy in your appointment as judge Magdalene? The wheat is to grow with the tares until the harvest time so that we don't pull out the wrong ones by mistake so easily done.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If people will not accept proper Bible interpretation to avoid false doctrine, what do you recommend?
Definitely not force or intimidation of any sort. Are we not to have the same mind as Jesus had?.......now that's an interesting one.....for, that mind is only discernible by those who have a connection with him.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding of abominations in the Bible is anything or anyone that is debased and extremely detestable to God. The Antichrist would be considered an abomination: who he is, his purpose and what he does. What he does is cause desolation, destruction of Gods people, and leaving Jerusalem desolate. Antiochus Eliphanes went into the Temple of God and sacrificed pigs. That was an abomination to God. He also killed Israelites leaving Jerusalem desolate.
It begs the question, why would God not think that a new Temple built by Jews be an abomination? He destroyed the Old Temple and before that, it was basically useless after Jesus was crucified.
The Christian is now the Temple and so what purpose would a new Temple serve especially when according to Rom. 11, when Jesus returns, He will save a remnant Jewish population and open their eyes? Imagine Jews sacrificing animals once again. It would be the ultimate insult, more than anything the Antichrist would do on it.
An abomination which causes desolation in the wing of the temple is what was prophesied (dan9) Jesus warned that when we see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet, that their would immediately follow a great tribulation so severe, he would have to return, or else no flesh would survive. Matt 24. I. Which we would see this abomination in the holy place.

it can only happen in a physical temple, we must interpret it as they do, daniel prophesied there would be two such abominations, one is by antiochus epiphanies, where as you say sacrificed a pig making the ho,y place unclean. The second will be the second “little horn” which will commit his own abomination which as Jesus said will be seen by all

Reactions: friend of

Magdalene

Feb 24, 2021
Ostio Lido
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Do you find joy in your appointment as judge Magdalene? The wheat is to grow with the tares until the harvest time so that we don't pull out the wrong ones by mistake so easily done.
Yes I do - "a spiritual man judges ALL THINGS" - I cor 2:15
What can I say, I have 'Good Judgment', what with having the Two Witnesses guiding me.

Magdalene

Feb 24, 2021
Ostio Lido
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh you began, you state 2 thess is speaking of the old man, which is not even close,
You're only other option then is the New Man.
See how stupid the Old Man is let alone being the Father of Lies.

You're really not ready for the First Man and Second Man -
If you dare look them up, you'll be incinerated and know it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're only other option then is the New Man.
See how stupid the Old Man is let alone being the Father of Lies.

You're really not ready for the First Man and Second Man -
If you dare look them up, you'll be incinerated and know it.
No

there is another option, the man of sin, spoken of in the prophets by Paul and by John in the OT.

I assume you are a preterist? You do NT believe God will make his prophets correct by fulfilling the prophecies?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes I do - "a spiritual man judges ALL THINGS" - I cor 2:15
What can I say, I have 'Good Judgment', what with having the Two Witnesses guiding me.
Regarding this attitude I would draw your attention to the behaviour of all through history who have considered themselves right beyond question.

Reactions: friend of

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the company-line, yet actually reading it, it says,
"WHO SITTETH IN THE TEMPLE" -
Why are you ignoring verse 4?
The Old Sin Nature is the Old Man - The man of lawlessness.

How can anyone but the Man of Lawlessness miss it?
lol
Agreed, Many time Paul made known the temple of God is where He dwells, and it isn’t made with hands.
Good job!

Magdalene

Feb 24, 2021
Ostio Lido
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Regarding this attitude I would draw your attention to the behaviour of all through history who have considered themselves right beyond question.
You'll have to avoid ambiguities and try to isolate -
I would draw your short attention-span to Elijah mocking the prophets of baal.