How long will the Man of Lawlessness Be Sitting in Your Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You'll have to avoid ambiguities and try to isolate -
I would draw your short attention-span to Elijah mocking the prophets of baal.
Do we really think Elijah's behaviour on this matter was justified? Why do I ask this? ...because we use these accounts as justifications for treating others barbarically.....So, what do we use as a reference point for drawing conclusions?

When the voice(s) came from heaven at different times in Jesus life they told us who to listen to.....on the mount of transfiguration it said of Jesus, 'listen to him', at other times 'I am well pleased with him' and again as he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey's colt.

Yes, Jesus is our reference point, not the failings of mortal men even if God used them and spoke through them for a season. Now we have one who has life in himself.....he is the one to listen to.

Reactions: friend of

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok all kidding aside, so group think is.... God leaves me and then returns at some unknown time to punish all the bad people? This subject is really getting tired.

Magdalene

Feb 24, 2021
Ostio Lido
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Do we really think Elijah's behaviour on this matter was justified? Why do I ask this? ...because we use these accounts as justifications for treating others barbarically.....So, what do we use as a reference point for drawing conclusions?

When the voice(s) came from heaven at different times in Jesus life they told us who to listen to.....on the mount of transfiguration it said of Jesus, 'listen to him', at other times 'I am well pleased with him' and again as he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey's colt.

Yes, Jesus is our reference point, not the failings of mortal men even if God used them and spoke through them for a season. Now we have one who has life in himself.....he is the one to listen to.

The basis point is always LIFE NOW.
"The will be done on Earth as IT IS IN HEAVEN".
The mortals always place LIFE into the future - The Antichrists = AntiLIFEnow.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I try to make my conclusions from Gods spirit baring witness with my spirit.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I try to make my conclusions from Gods spirit baring witness with my spirit.
We have the scriptures which understood correctly are a guide to that which pertains to truth and godliness. Relying on 'impressions' which alter according to a variety of factors is fraught with danger.

After Jesus spent the 40 days in the desert without food the tempter came to him in his emaciated state and pressured him (try to imagine the pressure if you haven't eaten for 40 days).....and Jesus did not rely on his 'impressions'....he combated Satan with God's word......and woe betide those who use God's word out of its context!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have the scriptures which understood correctly are a guide to that which pertains to truth and godliness. Relying on 'impressions' which alter according to a variety of factors is fraught with danger.

After Jesus spent the 40 days in the desert without food the tempter came to him in his emaciated state and pressured him (try to imagine the pressure if you haven't eaten for 40 days).....and Jesus did not rely on his 'impressions'....he combated Satan with God's word......and woe betide those who use God's word out of its context!
Does this mean that I need to rely on man to tell me what I think?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Magdalene

Feb 24, 2021
Ostio Lido
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

You have neither the Word or the Spirit, both confirm each other.

@Waiting on him bares witness to the Word of God I've laid out, because those sensitive to the Spirit bare witness to the Word.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed it too.
Try reading the OP.
Are you the temple of God? Yes or No?
Have you put on the new man or is the man of lawlessness still ruling in your temple?

REALLY SIMPLE.
There is always a natural expression of the spiritual reality.

Magdalene

Feb 24, 2021
Ostio Lido
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
So, Mary
What else has God shared?

The Full Counsel of God - Acts 20:27
Doctrine of Christ - Heb 6:1-2 with full overview of the Doctrine of Baptisms.
Moses Tabernacle - Spiritual Interpretation - Heb 8:5
Abrahamic Covenant Acts 3:19-26
The Two Witnesses - Rev 11
Time No More Rev 10:6
No More Temple Rev 21:22

Stuff like that, my usual ethereal and perpetual epiphanies from the Infinite Macrophosphorus.
Stuff if opened up on, I'd be banned, just like the Pharisees crucified the WORD OF GOD.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Full Counsel of God - Acts 20:27
Doctrine of Christ - Heb 6:1-2 with full overview of the Doctrine of Baptisms.
Moses Tabernacle - Spiritual Interpretation - Heb 8:5
Abrahamic Covenant Acts 3:19-26
The Two Witnesses - Rev 11
Time No More Rev 10:6
No More Temple Rev 21:22

Stuff like that, my usual ethereal and perpetual epiphanies from the Infinite Macrophosphorus.
Stuff if opened up on, I'd be banned, just like the Pharisees crucified the WORD OF GOD.
Ok, so has He told you what this abomination of desolation is, is it just me standing where I shouldn’t?