How many have ever changed their minds...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think the unsaved are buying his books and paying his salary, or do you think Christians are? Or do you think only "rich" Christians are doing so? If it's not the purpose of his life then why is he doing so? Is he unaware of how massing that kind of wealth and hoarding it to himself looks in the eyes of the Christian poor in other countries?

And again, why should Heart2Soul be expected to raise the dead in an entire cemetery or heal the stick in an entire hospital when no one in either the OT or the NT did so, including the Lord Jesus Christ Himself? Doesn't that again sound like standing in the office of the Accuser despite claiming to serve and speak for the Lord?

What about the wealth that you have? According to Word of Faith there should be no poverty or poor people so how do you view that in line with what false teachers proclaim? To break the curse of poverty.

Why? Don't you believe that you will do GREATER works than Jesus?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the wealth that you have?

You are equating me with someone who is worth 15 million dollars to defend him? I have a small house, not paid for, and two old cars that I use to make just enough money to pay my mortgage. I have no savings.
According to Word of Faith there should be no poverty or poor people so how do you view that in line with what false teachers proclaim? To break the curse of poverty.

LC627, can you please pay attention: I am not Word of Faith and I am not Todd White. You are again having a one-way conversation with someone else. Why?
Why? Don't you believe that you will do GREATER works than Jesus?

You are deflecting from the fact that you have accused someone who does believe it of being a fraud if they cannot heal the entire planet. By this same argument, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself is a Fraud whom you hold in derision, since He didn't do it either.
I'm glad you finally admitted you don't care about sound doctrine.

Oh, brother. :rolleyes: You do know everyone can read your posts, right? This is what you call a valid response? I asked that you start addressing me instead of everyone else under the sun you have a ready-made accusation for because I don't care what he believes, and your only response was that this somehow equates to my not caring about sound doctrine?

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are equating me with someone who is worth 15 million dollars to defend him? I have a small house, not paid for, and two old cars that I use to make just enough money to pay my mortgage. I have no savings.

LC627, can you please pay attention: I am not Word of Faith and I am not Todd White. You are again having a one-way conversation with someone else. Why?

You are deflecting from the fact that you have accused someone who does believe it of being a fraud if they cannot heal the entire planet. By this same argument, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself is a Fraud whom you hold in derision, since He didn't do it either.

Oh, brother. :rolleyes: You do know everyone can read your posts, right? This is what you call a valid response? I asked that you start addressing me instead of everyone else under the sun you have a ready-made accusation for because I don't care what he believes, and your only response was that this somehow equates to my not caring about sound doctrine?

I was commenting on your reply to another member on how Cessationists draw attention to signs and wonders. Apparently you missed the point that I was not talking directly to you, as I mentioned Bethel church, Todd White, etc. (Post #158)

Where there is false doctrine being preached believers have the duty to expose it.

Yes, I'm aware others can read these comments and I'm glad that they can. Charismatics/Pentecostals/Word of Faith teachers have caused much confusion and damage to the body of Christ.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was commenting on your reply to another member on how Cessationists draw attention to signs and wonders. Apparently you missed the point that I was not talking directly to you, as I mentioned Bethel church, Todd White, etc. (Post #158)

Where there is false doctrine being preached believers have the duty to expose it.

Yes, I'm aware others can read these comments and I'm glad that they can. Charismatics/Pentecostals/Word of Faith teachers have caused much confusion and damage to the body of Christ.
As well as Catholicism, Calvinist, Cessationists, Gnosticism....every denomination has issues.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I'm aware others can read these comments and I'm glad that they can.

You are glad to be justifying sinners, making false accusations against members, and identifying the Lord Jesus Christ as a liar? You answered one question. What about the other three?

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are glad to be justifying sinners, making false accusations against members, and identifying the Lord Jesus Christ as a liar? You answered one question. What about the other three?

Jesus isn't a liar - Prosperity teachers will proclaim that that it is God's will to heal every time. That it is the will of God for the Christian to be rich and healthy - that is a lie. Apparently, you missed my sarcasm as well when discussing with Heart2Soul. Is it my fault you are unable to pick up on sarcasm?

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am asking you a simple question: Is He a liar for declaring we will do greater works?

Nope not at all. What is your view of greater though? Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead and he was in the tomb for several days. Why don't we see this today? Certainly raising someone from the dead that has been dead for 2 weeks would be greater, wouldn't it?

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the NT is μείζων used in this sense?

1) in particular, of space and its dimensions

2) of number and quantity

Strong's Greek #3173 "large, great, in the widest sense"

Following this Jesus also stated that if we ask anything in His name He will do it (John 14:13-14). If "works" mean only signs/wonders/miracles than "anything" must mean anything!

This is why hermeneutics is important.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tongues was a known language. Funny how we don't see people operating in the gift like we do in scripture (Acts 2). All the times I've seen someone speaking "tongues" it was always outside the way scripture said the gift should be used. So, I highly doubt anything done outside the way God desired it to be done is not of God.
I guess you were just never in the right places. My wife would hear a message in tongues and then give the interpretation in English which often included scriptural quotations. I knew she was not faking it because I knew how much scripture she knew. Don't misunderstand, she loved and does love God, but memorizing a whole lot of scripture was not part of her walk.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why hermeneutics is important.
That is one of those strange words people use on forums that I had never heard before. You say it is important, but if a person is not led and taught by the Holy Spirit, it is certainly worthless, right?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is one of those strange words people use on forums that I had never heard before. You say it is important, but if a person is not led and taught by the Holy Spirit, it is certainly worthless, right?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12
The Holy Spirit does not teach you to abuse John 14:26