How Powerful is the Blood of Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure we might be close in age physically and I've been born again since 1980 (age 20)but also was raised in the Lutheran church during my early years as a young child through confirmation as a teenager. Also as an unbeliever in high-school went to Bill Gothard Basic Youth Conflicts Seminars for a few years during that time to please who would become my future mother in law.

hope this helps !!!

What do you mean "to please your...mother-in-law"? Didn't you get anything useful out of it?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure we might be close in age physically and I've been born again since 1980 (age 20)but also was raised in the Lutheran church during my early years as a young child through confirmation as a teenager. Also as an unbeliever in high-school went to Bill Gothard Basic Youth Conflicts Seminars for a few years during that time to please who would become my future mother in law.

hope this helps !!!

What Lutherans believe today is a far cry from what Luther taught.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean "to please your...mother-in-law"? Didn't you get anything useful out of it?
I did it out of obligation because she asked me to go and my girlfriend only went once whereas I went 3 years in a row. They lasted an entire week every night from 5-10 pm and all day on the weekends. The material was 3 inches thick.

I was actually playing church and in reality running form God.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did it out of obligation because she asked me to go and my girlfriend only went once whereas I went 3 years in a row. They lasted an entire week every night from 5-10 pm and all day on the weekends. The material was 3 inches thick.

Why put yourself through that if you didn't like it?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what finally happened to turn you around?
We had a big blow out and we were over, I had promised many times I would get my anger under control, drug and alcohol abuse as well. I use to get drunk and look for fights with anyone and everyone. She had broken up with me a few times before but I always talked my way back and made promises I would change and never did but this time it was different. Well finally my anger got the best of me and the worst of her and I won't go into details but I physically abused her and I knew it was over and I had lost who I loved most in my life.

I knew about Jesus and there were always alter calls at those seminars I had gone to over the years but I never went forward because I did not want to be a hypocrite, I was not willing to give up my life and I knew that was a requirement.

So that evening in my bedroom I was a broken young man who not only ruined my life, but her life and her families, my families because they loved her and my mother and her mother had become friends.

I wept like never before , humbled myself before the Lord and pleaded with Him to forgive me of all the horrible things I had done to others over the years. I asked Him to come into my life and change me because I know I was a complete failure and did not have the power or the will to change my life. That night Jesus gave me a new heart, new desires and my hatred for others became love for them. I started reading my bible because I actually had the desire to know Jesus and be His disciple and serve Him the rest of my days. I no longer had the desire for alcohol or drugs. My only desire was to know Him and to obey Him.

From that day until now I have studied His word every day and have not stopped. I prayed for her salvation and I started to go to church with her mother who forgave me for the horrible thing I did to her daughter. I became friends with the pastor and he mentored me and we would take walks and run together a few times a week. I was a quick learner and was a student of Gods word. I became an active member at that church.

About a year later she called me out of the blue for she had been told by several mutual friends and family that I had really changed this time and I was a different person than she knew. So we started hanging out and I was witnessing to her and after a few months she gave her life to Christ and we started dating again. Fast forward we married in 85.

So that is what brought me to Christ in a nutshell.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that "thorn in the flesh" in this passage is actually a Hebrew idiom and is not literally an ailment in our body, but people opposed to us causing us trouble? "Messengers of Satan." This passage has nothing to do with Paul's actual ailments, like his poor eyesight.

Interesting.

As the Lord said, the world shall hate you. And worldly people indeed are thorns on our sides at times. Like how Lot was vexed with the filthy conduct of the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It’s a fact that many healings were performed by the apostles. Yet there were still saints who were not healed by the apostles for whatever reason.
@Michiah-Imla Even Paul had his 'thorn in the flesh':

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12.7-9)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wept like never before , humbled myself before the Lord and pleaded with Him to forgive me of all the horrible things I had done to others over the years. I asked Him to come into my life and change me because I know I was a complete failure and did not have the power or the will to change my life. That night Jesus gave me a new heart, new desires and my hatred for others became love for them. I started reading my bible because I actually had the desire to know Jesus and be His disciple and serve Him the rest of my days. I no longer had the desire for alcohol or drugs. My only desire was to know Him and to obey Him.

Yes, I had a feeling you were truly born again. No matter what we both believe doctrinally, we virtually have the same testimony. It is the integrity of heart that I try to tell people seeking to be baptized in the Spirit to have power over their sins. You were, and so was I. We both admitted to being helpless and needing Christ's power in our lives. You may not have heard a voice, or seen a vision, but I had already believed in that for six years before receiving, but the life-changing outcome was that same for us both. Mine is in the testimony forum if you want to see. I just put it there this week.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it possible you could be wrong about this? You sound awfully confident, almost as if your interpretation were infallible.
Scriptures portrayal of judas does not describe one of faith but one of self interests only. It paints a grim picture, one showing his true heart and nature as a son of the devil, not a son of God.

Nowhere in scripture does it say that Judas was saved or possessed eternal life. In fact it declares just the opposite. The bible teaches that Judas was the son of perdition from the beginning. His very purpose and role was as the traitor who would betray Jesus. Jesus said of Judas it would of been better off for him to not even been born than to betray the Son of Man.

John 6:63-65
The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. 64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray Him. 65 He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."

John 6:70-71
Then Jesus replied, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!" 71 (He meant Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, who, though one of the Twelve, was later to betray Him.)

John 12:4-6
But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray Him, objected, 5 "Why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year's wages." 6 He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.

John 13:10-11
10 Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." 11 For He knew who was going to betray Him, and that was why He said not every one was clean.

John 17:12
12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

Matthew 26:23-25
23 Jesus replied, "The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me. 24 The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born."

25 Then Judas, the one who would betray him, said, "Surely not I, Rabbi?"

Jesus answered, "Yes, it is you."

Acts 1:16-19
16 and said, "Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus— 17 he was one of our number and shared in this ministry."

18 (With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. 19 Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this, so they called that field in their language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)

Acts 1:24-26
Show us which of these two you have chosen 25 to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs." 26 Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

Psalms 109:4-8
In return for my friendship they accuse me,
but I am a man of prayer.
5 They repay me evil for good,
and hatred for my friendship.

6 Appoint an evil man to oppose him;
let an accuser stand at his right hand.
7 When he is tried, let him be found guilty,
and may his prayers condemn him.
8 May his days be few;
may another take his place of leadership.

hope this helps !!!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all.

Just ignore your itching ears and lust of your flesh.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
[3] For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Anyone can create false doctrine by so-called “hermeneutics, exegesis, context”.

Actually no! those are strong safety valves to protect us from "goosebumps" "feelings" "special revelations" "itching ears" and for exp[osing false teachers!

Knowing what the bible says as written and how th ewords were used by the authors and the historic and passage context they are used in protect from 'eisegesis" "perpetual isagogics and isagogics" and allegorizing passages.

Paul commened the Bereans for carefully searching the Scriptures to see if what He was saying was true! A good mark for a teacher of teh Word is to challenge his students to prove him right or wrong by carefully examining the SCriptures!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you rewrite this. It is so convoluted, I'm clueless as to what you are accusing me of. I assume you are accusing me of something; otherwise, it would be out of character.

Yikes that was some horrendous grammar!

Well I am not accusing you but declaring that you believe that Jesus died for only some of your sins and not all of them! For by your own admission, if you freely sin after you have been saved=- Your salvation is revoked and you are going to spend eternity in the lake of fire!

So you and JBF have come up with that unbiblical concept of unintentional sins and intentional sins. Sins of ignorance and sins of willfulness.

Sorry but that pig should run into the lake with the rest of the herd that the demon legion went into! To say it bluntly but in love- what you are declaring here is nothing short of blasphemy against teh blood Jesus shed to forgive you of every sin- not just 99.99999999%.

I can't even imagine what kind of hoops you jump through to justify thoughts and actions that are sin, to make them not sin, and how you must hide the fear of messing up once! Your concept of God is even more harsh trhan the RCC concept and they have Him as a nasty man!