How Powerful is the Blood of Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yikes that was some horrendous grammar!

Well I am not accusing you but declaring that you believe that Jesus died for only some of your sins and not all of them! For by your own admission, if you freely sin after you have been saved=- Your salvation is revoked and you are going to spend eternity in the lake of fire!

So you and JBF have come up with that unbiblical concept of unintentional sins and intentional sins. Sins of ignorance and sins of willfulness.

Sorry but that pig should run into the lake with the rest of the herd that the demon legion went into! To say it bluntly but in love- what you are declaring here is nothing short of blasphemy against teh blood Jesus shed to forgive you of every sin- not just 99.99999999%.

I can't even imagine what kind of hoops you jump through to justify thoughts and actions that are sin, to make them not sin, and how you must hide the fear of messing up once! Your concept of God is even more harsh trhan the RCC concept and they have Him as a nasty man!

As per the title of this OP, you do not know the power and supernatural ability of the blood of Jesus to completely cleanse us of all our past sins, and change our nature, called born again, to not commit willful lawless sins in the present or future. Now THAT'S power! And you don't seem to be close to understanding the New Covenant.

1 John 5:16-17 talks of sins unto death, and sins not unto death. Willful sins of lawlessness are not "not unto death." The wages of those sins is still death. Romans 6:15-23. And a true Christian does not commit these.

The Lord's Prayer speaks of the other lesser type of sin called trespasses, committed unwittingly, Leviticus 5:15, that we commit against each other, and even someone walking in the Spirit could commit these, but if we forgive each other our trespasses against each other, then our own trespasses will be forgive by our Advocate. Jesus is not automatically our Advocate for committing willful sins of lawlessness.

But if you do commit a willful sin of lawlessness, it is up to God whether He will grant you repentance. It is not automatically cleansed like some believe on this forum, turning the grace of God into lasciviousness.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good mark for a teacher of teh Word is to challenge his students to prove him right or wrong by carefully examining the SCriptures!

Amen! that substantiates my ministry as a true teacher of God's word.

So you and JBF have come up with that unbiblical concept of unintentional sins and intentional sins.

I certainly did not come up with that concept.

I heard it first from her.

But I do certainly find that Hebrews 10:26-31 does substantiate the concept...and therefore it is not unbiblical.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But I do certainly find that Hebrews 10:26-31 does substantiate the concept...and therefore it is not unbiblical.

jbf, The Lord Prayer talks of trespasses, not willful sins of lawlessness. And Leviticus 5:15 speaks of trespasses as unintentionally committed. It is the intentions of the heart that God looks at. Willfulness is rebellion against God; and rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What I like about you is that as teachers, we have to also be open minded to learn from other good teachers, and from the Spirit, James 1:5. Many denominational teachers are closed minded.

Reactions: justbyfaith

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As per the title of this OP, you do not know the power and supernatural ability of the blood of Jesus to completely cleanse us of all our past sins, and change our nature, called born again, to not commit willful lawless sins in the present or future. Now THAT'S power! And you don't seem to be close to understanding the New Covenant.

1 John 5:16-17 talks of sins unto death, and sins not unto death. Willful sins of lawlessness are not "not unto death." The wages of those sins is still death. Romans 6:15-23. And a true Christian does not commit these.

The Lord's Prayer speaks of the other lesser type of sin called trespasses, committed unwittingly, Leviticus 5:15, that we commit against each other, and even someone walking in the Spirit could commit these, but if we forgive each other our trespasses against each other, then our own trespasses will be forgive by our Advocate. Jesus is not automatically our Advocate for committing willful sins of lawlessness.

But if you do commit a willful sin of lawlessness, it is up to God whether He will grant you repentance. It is not automatically cleansed like some believe on this forum, turning the grace of God into lasciviousness.

You talk in cliches and use cheap philosophical statements to try to trample under foot the blood of Jesus.

REal power is for God to forgive once for all time as the SCriptures say one of His enemies and make Him your friend.

But I do see hope hear for you! At least in this post you have moved from the tiotal lie of God not granting forgiveness to anyone who willingly sins, to now you say it is up to God to decide if He will! He already decided- He will because of the grace and mercy that overflows to us because of the blood of jesus! That dear lady is what real power is!

Woman you need to learn the difference what has been dubbed by man as the differences in experiential truths and positional truths of a believer- you wrongly mingle the two to your own harm.

Positionally we have already been perfected forever. Experientially God is now sanctifying us day by day! You serve a harsh and miserly God. Come on over to the God of the Bible and learn of the depth of His continual love!

YOu say-god makes you his child unless you willingly screw up- then you are toast!
The Bible says you become a child forever because of Him and not you maintaining some level of false perfection!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

wow are you that insecure that you have to grab at any thing positive I say? I said A good mark, not the good mark. and I have proved you wrong!

Well you think it is biblical but you err for the following reasons.

1. You have pulled it out of its immediate context.
2. YOu have pulled it out of its book context.
3. You have pulled it out of its full biblical context
4. You have failed to see what is being said in the original languages.
5. You rely on just the simple english translation instead of the greek
6. By not keeping it in context- you fail to see the sin that is being talked about!

So bottom line-if you were a real student of the word, you would not be holding onto the lie you hold onto!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You talk in cliches and use cheap philosophical statements to try to trample under foot the blood of Jesus.

Ha! it is those who willfully sin who trample under His blood and count it as an unclean thing.

Positionally we have already been perfected forever.

That verse in Hebrews 10:14 (kjv) is talking about those who have been sanctified wholly (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv)) in the practical, not the positional, sense.

and I have proved you wrong!

Well you think it is biblical but you err for the following reasons.

1. You have pulled it out of its immediate context.
2. YOu have pulled it out of its book context.
3. You have pulled it out of its full biblical context
4. You have failed to see what is being said in the original languages.
5. You rely on just the simple english translation instead of the greek
6. By not keeping it in context- you fail to see the sin that is being talked about!

Matthew, I suppose, was also in error for taking Hosea 11:1 out of context when he quoted it in Matthew 2:15 and applied it as Jesus being the Son of God when in the original passage it was referring to Israel.

And I suppose that we ought to believe word of faith, "health and wealth gospel" teaching because of 2 Corinthians 9:6; because in its immediate context it is referring to financial seeds...however if you apply the hermeneutic of 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv) and apply Luke 8:11 and Ecclesiastes 11:6, you will come up with a more orthodox interpretation (by applying its topical rather than its immediate context).

Also, I personally believe, based on holy scripture, that the educated scribes and Pharisees rejected Jesus; while the common people heard Him gladly.

And therefore, educated Greek and Hebrew scholars do not have a monopoly on the unadulterated word of God.

God in His sovereignty, Omnipotence, and love, has preserved a unique translation that, unlike others, does not water down the message of his unadulterated word. It is the kjv.

Therefore the common people, who do not have access to the Hebrew and Greek, can trust and rely on what they read in the Bibles that they carry with them as it was translated for them with much prayer into English.

So bottom line-if you were a real student of the word, you would not be holding onto the lie you hold onto!

Obviously, you are a real student of the word! How special you are! And how privileged!

I would only say that you are, in fact, as the educated scribe and Pharisee.

I am thankful that God has provided for me His unadulterated message in the kjv.

As a common person, I hear Jesus gladly and am not deceived by overmuch education.

They don't call it "cemetery" for nothing!

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

REal power is for God to forgive once for all time as the SCriptures say one of His enemies and make Him your friend.

But I do see hope hear for you! At least in this post you have moved from the tiotal lie of God not granting forgiveness to anyone who willingly sins, to now you say it is up to God to decide if He will! He already decided- He will because of the grace and mercy that overflows to us because of the blood of jesus! That dear lady is what real power is!

Woman you need to learn the difference what has been dubbed by man as the differences in experiential truths and positional truths of a believer- you wrongly mingle the two to your own harm.

Positionally we have already been perfected forever. Experientially God is now sanctifying us day by day! You serve a harsh and miserly God. Come on over to the God of the Bible and learn of the depth of His continual love!

YOu say-god makes you his child unless you willingly screw up- then you are toast!
The Bible says you become a child forever because of Him and not you maintaining some level of false perfection!

What you didn't address is being born again, unless you think that it is positional, and that we don't actually change. Is that what you think, and that my making it experiential makes me a heretic?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew, I suppose, was also in error for taking Hosea 11:1 out of context when he quoted it in Matthew 2:15 and applied it as Jesus being the Son of God when in the original passage it was referring to Israel.

Actually , no He wasn't. Go and learn how prophecies were interpreted by Israel in Jesus day! There are four ways and Jesus used all four when He quoted OT prophecies.

That verse in Hebrews 10:14 (kjv) is talking about those who have been sanctified wholly (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv)) in the practical, not the positional, sense.

Superficial study habits produce false statements like this shallow statement.

Ha! it is those who willfully sin who trample under His blood and count it as an unclean thing.

What is truly sad is you do not even have a clue what is really being said by the author because you are a shallow reader of the Word of God!

And I suppose that we ought to believe word of faith, "health and wealth gospel" teaching because of 2 Corinthians 9:6; because in its immediate context it is referring to financial seeds...however if you apply the hermeneutic of 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv) and apply Luke 8:11 and Ecclesiastes 11:6, you will come up with a more orthodox interpretation (by applying its topical rather than its immediate context).

If you had properly applied this verse inboth its topical and immediate context you wouldn't even imagine it could refer to the health and wealth heresy.

shallow reading produces shallow conclusions.

God in His sovereignty, Omnipotence, and love, has preserved a unique translation that, unlike others, does not water down the message of his unadulterated word. It is the kjv.

So you are a KJV only guy as well!

Well have the last post!

I use the KJV extensively (have for the last 35 years) but studying is not a sin, and yes the common folk of the day (1600's) could easily understand teh KJV. We don't speak that language now. There are many excellent English translations out there and many fair ones and many bad ones!

But studying teh original languages and the way verbs and nouns were set up by the inspired authors is no sin! I find it amusing you accuse me of being a pharisee! Because the pharisees of today usually call me one who like Jesus is willing to mingle with sinners!

I bid you farewll. I do hope you sin a very big willful sin (though I do not wish any to sin) so you can learn how badly you have been deceived about the lack of mercy and grace God has to those He saved and fall short! I believe you already have done so, but are Cleopatra- the Queen of denial!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you didn't address is being born again, unless you think that it is positional, and that we don't actually change. Is that what you think, and that my making it experiential makes me a heretic?

Not in the least.

It is both positional and experiential! Being born again is a massive change. It is a turn in direction and we are given a brand new nature. We are made the very children of God and joint heirs with Jesus!

What you fail to understand because you only study on the surface level and do not go back to the languages God inspired the writers to write is that our experience is a process of shedding off old thinking and adopting the new thinking God has given us! god just doesn't wipe out all th eold habits (sin) and give us perfect understanding!

I do not know you r old sin habits, but we both know as well as God, the angels and demons know, that you did not cease every single bad thought, unjustified anger and anything else you did that God calls sin. You only kid your self when you think that!

You and JBF have been sold a bottle of snake il by someone who is empowered by an false angel of light!

Am I promoting people to sin? Of course not! I am simply saying that God has made provision for us by wiping sin out completely positionally.
Experientially? There are numerous verses that teach us to grow in the new person we are by ridding ourselves of the old ways and tasking on the new ways- through hiding the word in our heart! And when we yield to temptation? 1 John 1:9 is for the children of God .

Even jesus told us to forgive people 70X7 (which you know is a metaphor for always). Do you really believe that He will nto forgive the children He 1bought with teh blood of Jesus becaus they give in to temptation? do you really believe God will demand of us what He does not do first? I hope not

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Superficial study habits produce false statements like this shallow statement.

What is truly sad is you do not even have a clue what is really being said by the author because you are a shallow reader of the Word of God!

If you had properly applied this verse inboth its topical and immediate context you wouldn't even imagine it could refer to the health and wealth heresy.

shallow reading produces shallow conclusions.

Understanding that without holiness no one shall see the Lord is not shallow in the slightest. What is shallow is the opposing viewpoint.

One produces depth of character...the other preaches grace as a license for sinning...which is truly shallow!

I bid you farewll. I do hope you sin a very big willful sin (though I do not wish any to sin) so you can learn how badly you have been deceived about the lack of mercy and grace God has to those He saved and fall short! I believe you already have done so, but are Cleopatra- the Queen of denial!

I have already done so (many years ago)...but I will sing to let the people know, that I have been restored; then they will kneel and understand, to return and trust in the Lord. I waited...for the Lord on high...I waited...and He heard my cry.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I promoting people to sin?

The fact that you have to ask that question and attempt to refute the logical answer indicates that you are indeed promoting people to sin.

I am simply saying that God has made provision for us by wiping sin out completely positionally.
Experientially? There are numerous verses that teach us to grow in the new person we are by ridding ourselves of the old ways and tasking on the new ways- through hiding the word in our heart! And when we yield to temptation? 1 John 1:9 is for the children of God .

And, 1 John 1:9, you seem to be ignoring the real message of it...it says that we will be cleansed from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:7 also, teaches that we will be cleansed from all sin. And Titus 2:14 tells us that the Lord will redeem us from all iniquity.

That's a triple whammy...and the third time it will do double damage.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understanding that without holiness no one shall see the Lord is not shallow in the slightest. What is shallow is the opposing viewpoint.

One produces depth of character...the other preaches grace as a license for sinning...which is truly shallow!

Well as we were not speaking of the se verses this is just a poor attempt on your part at throwing a red herring in the discussion.

The fact that you have to ask that question and attempt to refute the logical answer indicates that you are indeed promoting people to sin.

Well as soon as you leave teh throne of god and repent of this lie- we can discuss further. But until you acknowledge your bearing false witness- there is no profit in trying to talk to you1

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
obviously so weak in your theology that it cannot forgive all sins-past present and future. Its an atonement only for some sins, not all sin. Its unbiblical and heretical.

But the TRUTH is that Jesus died for all sins- past, present and future. (1 Corinthians 15:3; Hebrews 10:10; 1 John 2:2).

Does that include those disciples who turn back to follow Jesus no more?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Impossible. Saints are not sinners.
Yes they are. Jeremiah, was sanctified before he was born a sinner Jer 1:5

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;
and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee,
and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

That applies to all for whom Christ died Heb 10:10

By the which will we are sanctified[to make holy] through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

However they are still born sinners !

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they are. Jeremiah, was sanctified before he was born a sinner Jer 1:5

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;
and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee,
and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

That applies to all for whom Christ died Heb 10:10

By the which will we are sanctified[to make holy] through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

However they are still born sinners !

There's no such thing as a sinning Saint.

1 John 3
[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
[8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no such thing as a sinning Saint.

1 John 3
[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
[8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
It appears that the Apostle Peter was sinner not a saint.

Galatians 2:11-21
When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15 We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles 16 know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith ind]">[d] Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

17 “But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we Jews find ourselves also among the sinners, doesn’t that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18 If I rebuild what I destroyed, then I really would be a lawbreaker.

19 “For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

It looks like the "blood of Jesus" was not very powerful in Peters life, so much for the OP.

1 John 3:9- No one who practices sin is born of God. Peter above practiced sin and was also a stumbling block to Barnabas.

hope this helps !!!