1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How rich is too rich?

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality Forum' started by Josho, Jun 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Adoration

Adoration Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    @Jay Ross Oh my goodness... I had no idea the saying meant something... I am so sorry if it came across as me MOCKING.... as that was not my intention... I simply like the way it sounds.... What are you going to do today ??? Well... I thought I might like to consider my belly button...
    I am special sometimes... LOL... the simple things amuse me. Thank you for explaining this to me.

2. marksman

marksman My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Whether this comes under money and riches I am not quite sure but I would like to point out something that is very important.

In the first five years of our marriage, we had two little toddlers and during that time I lost my job and was out of work for several weeks. All I had was less than 20 English pounds a week of unemployment to live off. Despite this, my wife refused to go out to work because she wanted to look after the children. I eventually found another job and we got back to normality again.

Today, I hear time and time again that both parents have to go out to work fulltime because of the cost of living. Their cost of living is driven by their choices which are as follows... a big house; at least two new cars; overseas holidays; expensive clothes; golf club membership; meals out; sports equipment and membership; child care fees.

If they cut back on their expenditure they would not need to both work full time. A house that is not so big; two cars that are not new; no overseas holidays; not so expensive clothes; PAYG golf; cut down on meals out; limit sports expenditure; look after your own children. If they did that I guarantee their outgoings would be cut by half. And do you know what that would mean? Both parents will not need to go out to work full time.

And do you know what that would mean? No latch key kids coming home to an empty house which breeds a sense of abandonment and rejection.

Let me tell you about my son when he was a teenager. He would come home from school, dump his bag in his bedroom, go to the kitchen and open the fridge door and select what he was going to eat. He would cook it if needed, and then sit down and eat it and tell us about his day.

Once that task was accomplished he would go back to his room, get changed out of his school uniform, and then do whatever he wanted to do. End result. One happy boy.

You miss all that if you are both working full time. You have got one pent-up child who has no one to offload with. When you finally come home he is not going to talk because his talking is on his terms, not yours.

Anyone who puts their career or money before their children are asking for trouble apart from the fact they are disobeying the Lord because the word is very clear...bring up your own children, not let someone else do it. if you deliberately disobey the Lord don't expect him to shower you with blessings.

3. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I love motorcycles. If I had $50,000 I would be very tempted to but one of those Boss Hoss V8’s instead of putting it in ministry.

4. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    A person is too rich when what he has makes him take his eyes off of Jesus and like Peter then begins to sink into the water below!

5. marksman

marksman My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I have been doing a bit more digging and came up with some surprising information. Kenneth Copeland is not very well respected because of his wealth. He is reported to have a net worth of just over $600 million but.....I have found out that there are two African pastors who have a net worth of $1 billion. Would not surprise me if their congregation was trying to make ends meet. I have seen videos of their meetings and it is gimme, gimme, gimme. Both have private jets and one has about five million dollar cars.

6. Jacob Marley

Jacob Marley New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    My kids are what makes me a wealthy man.

Sabertooth likes this.