How the religious make a mockery of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
hi,

Are you saying we worship a false god or an idol?

curious Mary
i wouldn't put it that way, imo it is a natural step on the way to understanding salvation. We first make time for Jesus in our lives--usually from fear of hell--and then later if we seek it we make a life in Christ. But that is very hard, Mary, and no pastor will tell you to leave that church to go seek Christ now, will they.
"Hi pastor, i'm here seeking a deeper walk."
"Ok, leave here, and don't go back home, and give all of your money away, and go find a bridge or deserted barn somewhere, and don't eat or indulge in any other sensory stimulation, and come back when you have resisted the temptation, we'll go to step two."
lol who is going to buy that

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Can you decipher that for me? Please.
pretty hard to observe little children telling an adult that the adult's idea or plan has flaws, i guess. You are doing great imo, you are seeking Christ, trying to shepherd in the way of Abel, even as you plow your own ground in the way of Cain, all the same things i am doing, and your way would not make much sense to me, nor does it need to. All that matters is the fruit, the end product, i guess. We both want the same thing, right. To not be wronged by others, and to have them admit and fix it when they do, and to not wrong others on purpose, etc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He can follow the lead of the Holy Spirit. That might still mean sitting back quietly.
Word. Although that seems to translate as "doing nothing" also, yes?
Some people may be incapable of recognizing the difference between good fruit and bad fruit.
do you think? Imo this is not possible...and yet i can see the argument from Eve's pov i guess. Fruit can be hard to define perhaps, i'd like to contemplate this one and get back to you. Obviously the fruit of the tree tasted good, but left a bitter gut, so then is the bitter gut (death) the fruit there, or are we mixing two metaphors now, or what? Dunno

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Word. Although that seems to translate as "doing nothing" also, yes?

do you think? Imo this is not possible...and yet i can see the argument from Eve's pov i guess. Fruit can be hard to define perhaps, i'd like to contemplate this one and get back to you. Obviously the fruit of the tree tasted good, but left a bitter gut, so then is the bitter gut (death) the fruit there, or are we mixing two metaphors now, or what? Dunno
pretty hard to observe little children telling an adult that the adult's idea or plan has flaws, i guess. You are doing great imo, you are seeking Christ, trying to shepherd in the way of Abel, even as you plow your own ground in the way of Cain, all the same things i am doing, and your way would not make much sense to me, nor does it need to. All that matters is the fruit, the end product, i guess. We both want the same thing, right. To not be wronged by others, and to have them admit and fix it when they do, and to not wrong others on purpose, etc

so lets try and define fruit - firstly note what Jesus said and note carefully what is really going on = too many Moses's and too many Popes - but Jesus said 'they sit in Moses's seat so do as they say but do not do what they do - who exactly did He mean by they - there is nothing wrong with protesting or being a Protestant but breaking away cannot be justified or accepted - btw exactly what after all these centuries are the fruits, as blasphemy attributed to the Holy Spirit viz division, dissent, differences, contradictions, confusion and chaos etc = this is the unforgiveable sin and not immediately likely to be repented - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
that's true mjrhearth, the thing is it erodes the work of those who do according to the Lord and are apart of such organizations. there are many genuine believers in churches, even the one you speak of, they are the church of Christ the rest are window dressing, thinking they are important to, or trying to make believers believe they are important to the cause of Christianity. turn on the Christian channels just about 90 % of the programing is to get and con moneys from trusting souls.

Eve was befuddled by the serpent because she didn't know the Word of God accurately and went by her own judgement in what the serpent said. hence those who are tricked are usually one's who trust someone else to be close to, or know God and what He said for them.
nope, you are as usual, way wrong, people that think as you want God to be a religion to keep God separate from the world and human affairs hence the box religion, man's (societies) can control those believers if they keep them in their religion. that way they don't have to accept it.

when the Almighty established Israel as a nation the Torah was law, to establish righteousness Judgement and Mercy in a nation He has chosen, not a religion, a law set to manage the daily affairs of God's People in His nation. He always was their King. the Living God lives and is about the living according to the lives He has given. Jesus said He is the Truth the Way and the Life. He never said He was the religion. people like you do. the Kingdom of God, or Kingdom of Heaven is a Kingdom, not a religion.

actually aspen its people that think as you do that perverts the Truth of God, in the minds of anyone who listens.

Jesus warned us at Lk 17:23 and told us exactly where He may be found and also where His church is = where Peter is - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did ask the Holy Spirit. He said the Catholic Church is right. Who did He tell you is right?

I have never asked Him! Because I don't care.
In fact I don't think I have ever asked about the "right and wrongs" of anything .
( except in my own life)
I don't believe He cares...He cares more about LIFE and seeing His own image and reflection in the hearts of those who say that they love and follow Him.

"I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life."

I believe God's true followers are hidden among all levels of church life...He knows where they are , and He know who they are...I don't need to.
I just get on with whatever I hear God speaking to me for the day at hand.
........H

Reactions: pia and KBCid

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i wouldn't put it that way, imo it is a natural step on the way to understanding salvation. We first make time for Jesus in our lives--usually from fear of hell--and then later if we seek it we make a life in Christ. But that is very hard, Mary, and no pastor will tell you to leave that church to go seek Christ now, will they.
"Hi pastor, i'm here seeking a deeper walk."
"Ok, leave here, and don't go back home, and give all of your money away, and go find a bridge or deserted barn somewhere, and don't eat or indulge in any other sensory stimulation, and come back when you have resisted the temptation, we'll go to step two."
lol who is going to buy that
Hi,

You said Christians worship Nehushtan.

Nehushtan Is a bronze serpent on a pole.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never asked Him! Because I don't care.
In fact I don't think I have ever asked about the "right and wrongs" of anything .
( except in my own life)
I don't believe He cares...He cares more about LIFE and seeing His own image and reflection in the hearts of those who say that they love and follow Him.

"I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life."

I believe God's true followers are hidden among all levels of church life...He knows where they are , and He know who they are...I don't need to.
I just get on with whatever I hear God speaking to me for the day at hand.
........H
Hi ByGrace,

Thank you for joining the conversation. Looks like your not bored anymore since there was no yawning in your post. :D

God doesn't care who is right and who is wrong? Really?

So maybe the Jews are right and Jesus wasn't the chosen one?

Or maybe Mohammad was right and Jesus is just another prophet and not the son of God?

If He doesn't care, what will he do with the Jews and Muslims? Will they all be sitting in heaven next to you and me?

Or are you saying that he doesn't care which CHRISTIANS are right and which are wrong?

If that is what you are saying then do you side with the Christians that believe abortion is not murder? Or the Christians who believe abortion is murder?

Never mind....God doesn't care which side you pick.

Sounds like were all going to heaven since he really doesn't care which side you pick

Mary

PS....Is there anyway to idnentify a true follower?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Marymog As I said :-< He cares more about LIFE and seeing His own image and reflection in the hearts of those who say that they love and follow Him.>

I really don't think God has a "care in the world" , He is outside of time...He knows the end...and He keeps good records ...all will reap what they have sown. No one gets away with anything.

If indeed we are true followers who love God with everything we have..He will sort out the world and all it's problems. I can pray, ask God for mercy ( in such times as these hurricanes, war abuse, violence etc) But me wringing my hand and "caring" about everything gets us nowhere, just into the grave earlier!
We are told to "cast our care upon Him.." " Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

You say:- Sounds like were all going to heaven since he really doesn't care which side you pick.
I thought we were talking about Christians here. I didn't know that any Christians had picked " the other side." :D

You had asked which side is right, Catholics or Protestants.
I said that I believe God's true people are in both. ( By true I mean those who are true followers 24/7 on both "sides" , as you call it....I don't see 'sides'...we are on the same side if we are on 'God's side'!! )

Reactions: pia

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog As I said :-< He cares more about LIFE and seeing His own image and reflection in the hearts of those who say that they love and follow Him.>

I really don't think God has a "care in the world" , He is outside of time...He knows the end...and He keeps good records ...all will reap what they have sown. No one gets away with anything.

If indeed we are true followers who love God with everything we have..He will sort out the world and all it's problems. I can pray, ask God for mercy ( in such times as these hurricanes, war abuse, violence etc) But me wringing my hand and "caring" about everything gets us nowhere, just into the grave earlier!
We are told to "cast our care upon Him.." " Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

You say:- Sounds like were all going to heaven since he really doesn't care which side you pick.
I thought we were talking about Christians here. I didn't know that any Christians had picked " the other side." :D

You had asked which side is right, Catholics or Protestants.
I said that I believe God's true people are in both. ( By true I mean those who are true followers 24/7 on both "sides" , as you call it....I don't see 'sides'...we are on the same side if we are on 'God's side'!!
Hi BG,

Which Christian is reflecting the image of God in their hearts: The pro-abortion Christian OR the anti-abortion Christian?

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Marymog For ME that is a no brainer...a "pro abortion christian" is a bit of an oxymoron isn't it!!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

We are told to "cast our care upon Him.." " Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

I guess they stand or fall before God on their own.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Marymog I have a post above yours...not sure why it didn't get posted as post #133 because that when I wrote it...maybe it didn't get "posted " properly, sorry.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009
Amadeus said: He can follow the lead of the Holy Spirit. That might still mean sitting back quietly.
bbyrd009 said: Word. Although that seems to translate as "doing nothing" also, yes?

Yes, it could that God really wants us to do nothing. Remember when Jesus said nothing in response to false accusations made against him?

"And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.
But Jesus yet answered nothing; so that Pilate marvelled." Mark 15:4-5

His silence relates back to what Solomon wrote here:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1
"A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

Sometimes God wants us to remain silent or even to do nothing at all. Man, sometimes well intended men, apparently think that God needs their help and they jump in with feet... often in their own mouths.

Amadeus said: Some people may be incapable of recognizing the difference between good fruit and bad fruit.

bbyrd009 said: do you think? Imo this is not possible...and yet i can see the argument from Eve's pov i guess. Fruit can be hard to define perhaps, i'd like to contemplate this one and get back to you. Obviously the fruit of the tree tasted good, but left a bitter gut, so then is the bitter gut (death) the fruit there, or are we mixing two metaphors now, or what? Dunno

What would you think then of this verse?

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Have they not seemingly lost the ability to discern between good and evil? Is this true of anyone today?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog I have a post above yours...not sure why it didn't get posted as post #133 because that when I wrote it...maybe it didn't get "posted " properly, sorry.
Thank you.

No need to apologize friend. It wasn't your fault.

I don't think the order changes the flow of the conversation....did it?

Sometimes I come off as sarcastic and I don't try to be. That is a sincere question.

Mary

Reactions: Helen