How to Authentically Speak in Tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JohnPaul: "I've been touched by God and Christ, that is enough for me, I don't need gifts or miracles to believe I simply just believe."

Translation: You don't need to obey God's command to zealously strive for spiritual gifts like tongues.

JohnPaul: "I've seen people who claim they speak in tongues, and you can tell they are making it up and just speaking gibberish."

A variation of the argument that you've seen snake-oil salesmen; so you don't go to doctors. Did it ever occur to you that Satan counterfeits God's gifts precisely to deceive Christians like you into avoiding God's empowering gifts for living and worship?

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been touched by God and Christ, that is enough for me, I don't need gifts or miracles to believe I simply just believe.

I've seen people who claim they speak in tongues, and you can tell they are making it up and just speaking gibberish.

Sorry if I've offended you and others on this forum, but that is where I stand.
That gift not for today

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
None that I boast about to others. Nor after doing so imply others are not so gifted.
I agree we aren't to boast about our gifts. We should all have a gift but we don't all have the same gift. @Abigail I only told you what mine was because you specifically asked. i was no way boasting.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That gift was for a specific time and purpose, but not for today!
@JesusFan1 Some Christians still have giftings because contrary to what some people declare the gifts are still active in Christ's Church. Don't be inhibited by those who don't believe.

Reactions: amadeus

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree we aren't to boast about our gifts. We should all have a gift but we don't all have the same gift. @Abigail I only told you what mine was because you specifically asked. i was no way boasting.
And I in no say said you were. I should have been specific in that. I apologize. I'll amend my prior remarks to indicate as much. :)

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you just dismiss parts of God's Word that don't appeal to you "as not for today" with no biblical grounding? Sad!
Not dismissing, just stating that some of the gifts ceased for today, such as gifts to heal, do miracles, and to speak in tongues!

Reactions: JohnPaul

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not dismissing, just stating that some of the gifts ceased for today, such as gifts to heal, do miracles, and to speak in tongues!
I suspect that the gifts aren't as prevalent as they once were but I have been miraculously healed at least twice after being prayed for so how do you account for that. And I personally know people who have seen impossible things happen.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
None gifts as Apostles were to go healing and miracles today!
See my latest post -172. If you aren't seeing any sign of spiritual gifting in the church you belong to then I would strongly advise you to find a fellowship where the gifts are actively encouraged. Perhaps that is why they seem to be dwindling - that they are not actively encouraged.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You just need to get out more. Flee the impoverished spirituality and dumbed-down expectations of your church and seek the fellowship that experience directly that God's healing touch has not lost its ancient power. Start by watching Bruce Van Natta's thrilling testimony of a medically verified CREATIVE healing miracle that rivals the spectacular nature of most of Jesus' miracles. If you or other cessationists here have the intgrity to watch this testimony, it will change your life:

bruce van natta youtube - Bing video

Bruce spoke to our Charismatic group and shared his healing testimony, showing all his medical records confirming the miracle and even pulling up his shirt to show us the massive scarring from the surgeries to try to save his life. I could share many other such miracles with you if you wish.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is what I've been trying to say, thank you JesusFan1
I wonder if the belief that the gifts are not for today grieves the Holy Spirit. He wants to give gifts but there are people who refuse to even believe they exist. It would grieve me if those I loved refused my gifts.

Reactions: amadeus

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect that the gifts aren't as prevalent as they once were but I have been miraculously healed at least twice after being prayed for so how do you account for that. And I personally know people who have seen impossible things happen.
Not saying that the Lord is not able to do healings and miracles today, but not the norm, would be extraordinary things, and that NONE are gifted to do such as Apostles were by him!

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just need to get out more. Flee the impoverished spirituality and dumbed-down expectations of your church and seek the fellowship that experience directly that God's healing touch has not lost its ancient power. Start by watching Bruce Van Natta's thrilling testimony of a medically verified CREATIVE healing miracle that rivals the spectacular nature of most of Jesus' miracles. If you or other cessationists here have the intgrity to watch this testimony, it will change your life:

bruce van natta youtube - Bing video

Bruce spoke to our Charismatic group and shared his healing testimony, showing all his medical records confirming the miracle and even pulling up his shirt to show us the massive scarring from the surgeries to try to save his life. I could share many other such miracles with you if you wish.
God can still do healings and Miracles as HE chooses, just not the norm, as vast majority healed by medicine, surgery, and by physical death!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I've been trying to say, thank you JesusFan1
I was trained in AOG school. was a teaching Elder in AOG, been saved out into Reformed baptist, and do see the errors in especially the Charasmatic Chaos wing into Word of faith, prosperity, health and wealth etc!

Reactions: JohnPaul
Status
Not open for further replies.