How to deal with online atheist arguments

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Respectfully, may I push back a bit?

2. An "I don't know" answer is consistent with atheism (because it could be coupled with "I don't know, but NOT by a Supreme Being you call God; my lack of knowledge does not imply any possibility you care to name").

3. A "Nothing created the Universe" answer does not make them creationists, because it is consistent with the Universe being uncreated (something we theists ascribe to God, after all).
I don't think you understand. There is no such thing as Atheism. The "Atheist" is a sinner like every non beleiver. They live in various life styles that they "LUST" after and are unwilling to give up. They're angry because God demands repentance for sin, in other words, Gods is demanding they self incriminate themselves (recognize they are sinners) before men and Himself and His holy angels. "if you do not confess me before men, I will not confess you before my Father". This word "Atheism" is derived to create a false sense of security. A false light, a safe Island without a foundation, they can run to, to make a case against God, by not recognizing His Lordship over they're stupidity.

Don't attempt to second guess their arguments against God's wisdom. If you're not qualified, don't do it. They deserve better.

Think about it this way. You're fighting a battle, and the front you're in doesn't require any special forces strategies that require you to think on your feet based on the training you've received. However, the minute you encounter an enemy equiped to steal, kill and destroy you, you better get that training and expertise before entering into battle with Goliath.

Your answer against my experience has no power. I speak what I know, and it's foundation is Truth, and my aim is to set them free. If you pass, don't attempt to tell me it won't work, when I'm "TELLING" you it does.

Reactions: Nancy

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for this, I assume the same thing applies to the question "where did the first living thing come from?"
Stay focused on who GOD is. The bible (Holy Spirit) tells us that God is from everlasting to everlasting, He is from before the beginning. He has a body (Moses saw His back), though it is Spiritual He created us after His image. When the big bang theory comes up in some of my encounters, I explain that "NOTHING" can not create because there is nothing in nothing to create with. However, if nothing had something to create with, then it would not be called NOTHING, it would be called something, and if you believe that something always existed as you propose the universe has, then why do you oppose the idea that God could not have always existed.

I'm not sure saying God was the first being is correct, because there was never a Zero or "Nothing" that existed before Him. Man wasn't the first being, because the angels were created first, and they are beings.

God is a being and created all things. The universe is made up of "THINGS" and things can't create themselves anymore than rocks or tree's can. It takes a being outside the life force of rocks and tree's to create things. We take rocks and create cement, we take tree's and create projects, we pick vegitables and create feasts. In order for there to be a Universe, there must exist a being more powerful who laid the foundation of the earth before the earth was.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Respectfully, may I push back a bit?

2. An "I don't know" answer is consistent with atheism (because it could be coupled with "I don't know, but NOT by a Supreme Being you call God; my lack of knowledge does not imply any possibility you care to name").

3. A "Nothing created the Universe" answer does not make them creationists, because it is consistent with the Universe being uncreated (something we theists ascribe to God, after all).
It is, at the very least, as equal in "THEORY" as is "THE BIG BANG". If the BIG BANG created it, and they can't attribute the universe to anything by a "CREATION" they are certainly in "THEORY" Creationists. Because their BIG BANG theory doesn't hold up to reality.

Reality says in order to have a BIG BANG, there must be LAWS in existance before an explosion can be detonated; Pressure, compression, elements, ignition, and perhaps even fuel. WHO MADE THE LAWS??? Certainly not a sickle cell amoeba...WHAT?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is you don’t. Arguing with them is pointless because many atheists mistake their skepticism for wisdom, and they feel like they’re on a quest to enlighten humanity with their doubts. Their hearts are set on disbelief because they are in love with their sins, resisting the Holy Spirit’s counsel tooth and nail. Even if God appeared to an atheist, smacked him square on the face, and announced, “Hey, I’m God!” the atheist still wouldn’t believe.

Don’t waste your time with these people.

But Jesus loves atheists who mistake their skepticism for wisdom, too.

"...for man looketh on the outward appearance..."
(1 Samuel 16:7)

:hearteyes:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Solomon had advised us to avoid arguing with fools.
As does Paul, in 1 Timothy 6:3-11

“…If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth… But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.”

Grace and peace to all.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because their BIG BANG theory doesn't hold up to reality.
I think the big bang could've been how God created the universe but I have a lot of questions about how it could work for people who don't believe in God.

For example what started it and where did all this material come from?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the big bang could've been how God created the universe but I have a lot of questions about how it could work for people who don't believe in God.

For example what started it and where did all this material come from?

It would make Him responsible for sin.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Usually, today's atheists don't mean the same thing as we do when we talk about God. They believe God is just one more cause (thing) within the universe, albeit greater, more powerful, etc. They talk about God as living on a cloud or some such childish thing. Every elementary teacher knows that young children cannot handle abstract thought. So, when teaching things like math, for example, they have to teach it within the abilities of the child. Rather than just saying, "2 + 2 = 4" and getting blank stares, they'll say, "If you had 2 apples and I gave you 2 more, you'd have 4 apples.". We do the same thing with little children and God. The problem is, when they become adults, they've never been given the intellectual definition of God! As St. Thomas Aquinas said, God is "ipsum esse subsistence" or, the very act of being itself. Every thing in the universe exists because God wills it to exist. God, explains why there is anything vs nothing at all.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would make Him responsible for sin.

Power - is the answer, not force and not violance. All creation was created by the power of God's word. Think about it..."Let there be light", and now the creation can be seen. It's the kind of non violent power that came upon the Apostles when God poured out His spirit upon them and they went forth with new life bearing the Fruits of the Holy Spirit. A Power this world can not comprehend.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Usually, today's atheists don't mean the same thing as we do when we talk about God. They believe God is just one more cause (thing) within the universe, albeit greater, more powerful, etc. They talk about God as living on a cloud or some such childish thing. Every elementary teacher knows that young children cannot handle abstract thought.
I agree, most atheists' comments I've seen are based in a complete misunderstanding of Christianity. They'll say things like "if God exists, why do bad things happen?" under the false illusion that they've conjured up some catchall question to disprove 2,000 years of Christianity.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent point. I see that a lot on here, too. Someone will throw some sort of Scripture quote out, with no explanation as to how it supposedly makes some point, assuming the reader shares their context. It's like little kids claiming to win a game by exlaiming, "King's X! I win!"

As a society, our education system has been dummied down to the point to where many young people have never really been taught to think. They've been indictrinated and trained to go strictly by the emotions of the moment. And this was done by design. It's far easier to control the uneducated, who are driven by emotion, than intelligent, thinking people.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you please expand on why that would make Him responsible for sin?
I'm sorry but I missed the notification of your post.

In short (
not exhaustive), the reason it would be God's responsibilty is that the way the theory of evolution works, the ability for humans to think, say, or do evil would almost certainly come into play before the frontal lobe was fully formed enough to resist temptation.

'
google-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes-960d-mysmiley-net.png

'

Last edited:

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard a good YouTube talk that pretty much tells us why Darwinian evolution is false. And the reason it has been pushed is for political reasons, and to promote atheism. About an hour long, if you have time.