Americans who attend church online read the Bible more than those who attend in person : study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Americans who attend church services online may be more likely to read the Bible at least once a week than those who go to in-person services, according to the findings of a survey. …

The American Bible Society released the seventh chapter of its State of the Bible 2023 report Thursday, titled ‘Bible Use and Technology.’ …

The latest installment of the report examines the frequency and methods of Bible use in the U.S., finding that 39% of those surveyed meet the criteria of a ‘Bible user,’ meaning they read the Bible independently in setting other than at a large church service at least three or four times a year.

Twenty-five percent of respondents are ‘weekly users’ who consult the Bible outside of church at least once a week, with 9% using it daily. Meanwhile, 38% of U.S. adults ‘never‘ use the Bible outside of a church setting. …

When asked about their Bible use method, most Bible users (69%) consult a print Bible at least once a month, while one-half (50%) use a Bible app on at least a monthly basis. Smaller percentages of Bible users access the Bible via an internet read or search (48%), a Bible video (44%) and a Bible audio or podcast (32%). …”

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding Bible reading every once in awhile I post this chart. I'd say a true Christian who has access to the Bible must be in the top two categories with the exception that one is a new Christian who hasn't been able to read the Bible thru once yet. Even when I was a boy (before I formally invited Christ into my life) I read the Bible thru a time or two. But then again maybe I was a Christian being called by God at that point already and just did not realize it yet. Otherwise, I cannot understand anyone claiming Christ in their lives and yet be in the other categories other than the top two. Notice the correlation between the Op's statement with 9% using it daily with the "more than once" category of the pie chart. If a person reads the Bible daily, unless they read the same stuff over and over, they have to get through it several times in their lifetime.

bible pie.png

Reactions: Matthias