How to get rid of stress.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well i just finished listening to these series of videos by Rick Renner, he really goes into detail about how to cast your cares upon Jesus in 1 Peter 5:7 to 8 and a bit of verse 9, and he really goes into depth about each of those words, and speaks of their origins, and how he dealt with with his problems, and how he learnt to cast his cares upon God. It's really good, I recommend it.

This is what he covers in his series of videos, it's all free. :)

1 Peter 5:7-9
7Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 8Be sober-minded and alert. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in your faith....

Reactions: bbyrd009

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Handling stress is a nice topic specially to those who are in the middle age. I'm under stress almost every day due to the responsibilities I have. Added to that new problems can crop up sometimes, which one never knows how to handle them.

Good verse from 1 Peter. I would like to highlight a verse in the same chapter which helps during stressful times.

1 Peter 5
5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Also James 4:5-7

Stressful situations often makes us loose our self-control. So we need grace and it comes with humility. If we have grace then it is reflected in soberness or self-control.

Another verse I always remember:
James 1
9 Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:
10 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.

Praising God and reading the Bible, helps a lot under stressful situations.
James 5
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

These are the days of Christmas, I've been listening to carols. A few days before Christmas, suddenly a new problem came up. I've started to read the Bible more intently and continued listening to carols. Today, when I pursued them, those problems eased off and I'm confident I can handle them successfully in the coming days.:)

A few months back there was a thread related to autism or self-absorption in the Fellowship Forum. Listening to songs of praising God helps. My Dad often absorbed in watching television or thinking something, and suddenly there is a song like "Joy to the World ..." from other part of the house, it makes him come out of those thoughts and stay away from getting stressed out. :)

God speaks to us through the Bible and God can speak differently to different people through the same Bible. In the above video, the speaker said "...Peter writes ..." This makes a lot of difference to me. I always believe that Peter wrote under the inspiration of God, and so did all the other Apostles. Ignoring this is like eating half-cooked food, which does not taste good and might not be healthy.:) When you say Peter wrote under the inspiration of God, it is not just Peter who is writing, it is God who is speaking through those words. Anyway, it is a matter of understanding, but I still think that it should not be ignored.;)

Psalm 23
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

All glory to God

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rest and refreshing. Simple but unpractised.

Isaiah 28:11-12 KJVS
For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
[12] To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only stress buster I know that works 100% Is praise.
It is work...praising through a stressful situation is not easy...it is not fast, but- " In His presence is fullness of Joy"
Praise until until the darkness breaks and His awesome presence can be felt.
Praise audible works more powerfully than silently inward.
The Enemy bring stress, it is one of his 'gifts'....the devils hate hearing us praise, even when it begins with 'gritted teeth' and not much conviction.
God bring the Victory.
Psalm 22:3 "You are holy, O You that inhabit the praises of Israel."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The only stress buster I know that works 100% Is praise.
It is work...praising through a stressful situation is not easy...it is not fast, but- " In His presence is fullness of Joy"
Praise until until the darkness breaks and His awesome presence can be felt.
Praise audible works more powerfully than silently inward.
The Enemy bring stress, it is one of his 'gifts'....the devils hate hearing us praise, even when it begins with 'gritted teeth' and not much conviction.
God bring the Victory.
Psalm 22:3 "You are holy, O You that inhabit the praises of Israel."
being thankful for what one already has is a good path to this too imo, that the world does not practice

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you pray in tongues you give thanks well brother Paul says. We worship and praise God when we pray in the spirit. The rest and refreshing that comes is the from the magnified presence of the Lord who dwells in and rides upon the praises of his people.

When we pray in the spirit Satan cannot interpret what we are saying. He will do everything he can to prevent us from praying in tongues. Have you noticed that thoughts of everything ruse up when you start to pray in the spirit? This is Satan trying to prevent us from praying in tongues. Those thoughts of other things are just tricks. Many times I realize that I've stopped praying and started to think about something that came to me.

I have to concentrate and push through to pray and keep praying.

1 Corinthians 14:17 KJVS
For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.

We praise with the spirit and with the understanding.

Prayer in tongues is also intercessory prayer. We pray for things and in ways that we cannot understand with the natural mind as the Scriptures explain to us.

There is an intercessory call to prayer in the spirit that sometimes comes upon me. I'm certain there are those that are familiar with this spiritual call to arms by the Holy Spirit. There is an urgent need for prayer for someone or something or even for yourself that moves the Holy Spirit to urge you to intercessor prayer in the spirit. This call to prayer is accompanied by an uncomfortable inner pressure and is only relieved by prayer in the spirit for what is usually an extended period of time.

This call to intercessory prayer in the spirit and the accompanying symptoms is perfectly described in the following scriptures.

Job 32:18-20 KJVS
For I am full of matter (this is speaking, words, talking) the spirit within me constraineth me. [19] Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; it is ready to burst like new bottles. (this is the inner pressure I spoke of) [20] I will speak, that I may be refreshed: I will open my lips and answer.

The inner pressure is very uncomfortable and praying in the spirit is the only remedy. I have prayed in the spirit an hour or even two before this pressure began to be relieved.

If any of you have experienced this intercessory call to prayer I would be grateful for you to share your experiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Ally.s.j

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
being thankful for what one already has is a good path to this too imo, that the world does not practice
I can get stressed in the flesh with the amount God has given me. I mean work. It pouring in. I done a job today to try and catch up with whats in front of me. and I got it done. Guess what happened then four more jobs came in. So I get a little stressed, not as bad as I used to be. But it can be overwhelming. And for the first time I am making more money than I ever made in my life. I dont really want money or care about it. I think thats why God is giving me money. It doesnt move me. I need enough to get by. But I dont have any desires for anything other than to lay hands on the sick. Its consuming me. I am going to try and give it away faster than God can give it.

Reactions: bbyrd009