• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We hold on to the word through which we are saved. The devil's work is to tell people they do not have to keep believing.

No.
Its Jesus the Word, engrafted, who is Joined to the Spirit of all the born again, that Holds unto them.
This is why Jesus told carnal deceivers like you that """Nothing and no one can take the born again out of His Hands"".

John 10:28-30

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You remain one if you are born again.
I showed you that the word remaining in you means to keep believing the word that you received and were saved through. You will not be saved when Jesus comes back if you cast the word of God from your heart in unbelief. Contrary to what you teach, unbelievers do not enter into the kingdom at the end of the age.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
Its Jesus the Word, engrafted, who is Joined to the Spirit of all the born again, that Holds unto them.
"LET what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father." 1 John 2:24

"I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Philippians 3:12

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"
"I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Philippians 3:12

You didn't post the Context of your verse, because you are not honest, and twist scriptures to try to prove your lying.

Here is what Paul is "taking hold of", and its not SALVATION< as He is already saved, deceiver.

14 """""I press toward the mark for = the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.""""

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus does all the saving. All we do is receive it by faith.

True.

And if you are born again, then you have received it, as your "faith is counted as Righteousness".... And you ARE "justified by faith".
Not being justified but ARE justified".
Its DONE.
= BORN AGAIN.
See it yet?

So, the proof that God has accepted your faith, ONCE, and saved you, is that you are born again.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Word who is in all the born again. "Temple of the Holy Spirit".
You must keep the gospel message in your heart, not cast it away in unbelief in order to be saved:

"2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word (about a risen savior-see context) I preached to you." 1 Corinthians 15:2

Reactions: amadeus

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't post the Context of your verse, because you are not honest, and twist scriptures to try to prove your lying.
Context:

10I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to Him in His death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize of God’s heavenly calling in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:10-14

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Context:

10I 12Not that I have already obtained all this,

Note : "i have not attained ALL this".
There is your context.
What has Paul not attained yet?
He's not resurrected yet.
He has not the new body yet.
Other then that....>"its not i who live Christ who lives in me,""= right now..... because he's born again.
You can't stop being born again.
You can't end a BIRTH.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being Born again, can't be changed by how you think today.
Christ is joined to the spirit of the born again, and they are "in Christ".
There is no changing that., as eternal life has been given.

John 10:28-30
I don't care about your OSAS beliefs. I only care that people know the scriptures that exhort us to keep believing so we can be saved when Jesus comes back to gather his own.

6But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are His house, if we hold firmlyc to our confidence and the hope of which we boast.
12See to it, brothers, that none of you has a wicked heart of unbelief that turns away from the living God. 13But exhort one another daily, as long as it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.14We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly to the end the assurance we had at first.
Hebrews 3:6-12

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I

6But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are His house,
Hebrews 3:6-12

You are still trying to contradict the Cross by twisting your one verse over and over , that you can't discern or comprehend, and never will.
Deception has you by the head, fella.

Of course we are "His House".
We are the TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT by being Born again.
You can't stop being born again., as God caused this, not you, deceiver.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note : "i have not attained ALL this".
There is your context.
What has Paul not attained yet?
He's not resurrected yet.
He has not the new body yet.
Other then that....>"its not i who live Christ who lives in me,""= right now..... because he's born again.
You can't stop being born again.
You can't end a BIRTH.
I don't care about your OSAS beliefs.
The point is Paul is holding on, straining toward what is ahead, pressing on toward the goal, that he might somehow attain to the resurrection. The very thing you say we do not have to do and should not do. You call that a works gospel. I call it what it is: Continuing to believe in Christ and not turning back in unbelief. I don't care about anyone's argument about whether or not a true Christian can turn back in unbelief. What I care about is that people know the Bible exhorts us to not turn back in unbelief.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course we are "His House".
"...IF we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast." Hebrews 3:6

How are you missing this truth staring you right in the face????? Will making the font bigger and bolder help you see it????? I wonder.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...IF we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast." Hebrews 3:6
This truth is clear, plain, and established. It's clarity cannot be changed. It can be ignored, as you are doing, but it can not be changed. And so that is what I tell people: You are God's house if you hold firmly your confidence, your hope.

Now if you or anybody else wants to debate whether or not a true Christian can not hold firmly in faith, believing, then go for it. But either way IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU MUST HOLD FIRMLY IN FAITH. You are NOT the household of Christ if you do not hold firmly. Even the original OSAS teaching understood this truth!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

How are you missing this truth staring you right in the face????? Will making the font bigger and bolder help you see it????? I wonder.

It didnt help you.
Legalists have that issue.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This truth is clear, plain, and established. I

True.

Jesus is THE Truth, and if you have Him in you, (born again)"""" you shall never PERISH, and no ONE (including yourself) can take the born again out of His Hand"

You dont understand any of this, and you are not going understand it.
You are too long in the wasteland.

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly...I wonder how many people would take the time to develop a relationship if you take eternal life and heaven off the table.

If you did that....I wonder how many people would still be left to seeking and desiring a relationship with God Almighty.

God sees what motivates us and what motivates our beliefs...
In my case, I'm lonely.

I bet it plays a major role into whether a believer keeps believing.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I bet it plays a major role into whether a believer keeps believing.

There was once a Harlot that Jesus had forgiven many sins.
She later came to Jesus on her knees, and washed His feet with her tears., using her hair as the rag.
The religious sitting in the same room, who saw it, were disgusted that this WHORE would be touching Jesus's feet.
He told them....>"she is forgiven much"...

What does all that mean?
It means that when you have a real encounter with the Son of God, Jesus The Lord, and He makes you clean, forgives you, and changes your heart........giving you eternal life.....then this that He has done in the heart of a born again person, causes them to WANT to serve Him.
Causes them to WANT to make God Happy.

That is a hell bound sinner, who use to love to fornicate, take drugs, play with Witchcraft, steal, lie, and more....... Whose HEART has been changed by the LOVE OF GOD that is Christ on the Cross.