• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you something happened when I believed, not when I was water baptized two months later.

thats why baptism is an outward sign

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptism
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 2:1&5 brought to life in baptism
Eph 4:5 one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 and not the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, water does not cause you to be born again. Faith does. All by itself. Apart from works.

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God

by water and the spirit

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

baptism

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
That's right. Righteousness first, then the doing of righteousness. You do righteous things BECAUSE you are born again, not to become born again.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right. Righteousness first, then the doing of righteousness. You do righteous things BECAUSE you are born again, not to become born again.

only born again by faith and baptism

Then grace makes our actions meritorious

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then grace makes our actions meritorious
It didn't for Abraham, and he is our example of being made righteous on the basis of your faith, not your works. You won't be able to show Romans 4 is telling us that grace makes works meritorious towards being made righteous. I'm glad now that it's right out in the open that you say grace makes it so you can earn your own justification/salvation. I suspected this and now you've made it clear.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It didn't for Abraham, and he is our example of being made righteous on the basis of your faith, not your works. You won't be able to show Romans 4 is telling us that grace makes works meritorious towards being made righteous. I'm glad now that it's right out in the open that you say grace makes it so you can earn your own justification/salvation. I suspected this and now you've made it clear.

no not works alone apart from Christ and his sanctifying grace that we receive by faith and baptism

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we have grace

grace makes everything righteous!
God did not give you his grace so you can earn your salvation. He gave you his grace because you can not earn your salvation. It is impossible to make yourself righteous. The only way to become righteous is for your sin debt to be forgiven and God's righteousness put in it's place. That is done by having faith in the blood of Jesus through which sin is forgiven. You can not work off sin debt. It must be forgiven.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Prayer and humility do not make you righteous. If you think they do then you are serving the very works gospel that Paul said does not save.

Lk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not give you his grace so you can earn your salvation. He gave you his grace because you can not earn your salvation. It is impossible to make yourself righteous. The only way to become righteous is for your sin debt to be forgiven and God's righteousness put in it's place. That is done by having faith in the blood of Jesus through which sin is forgiven. You can not work off sin debt. It must be forgiven.

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

(Redemption is not Salvation)
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptural name for Mary is
“Full of grace”

Lk 1:28 Hail’ full of grace!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
No, the man's faith in God's mercy saved him. If you do not believe that consider the woman who washed Jesus' feet. She loved because she had been forgiven. And Jesus said to her, "Your faith has saved you." (Luke 7:50). He didn't say that what she did saved her. But you Catholics would read the passage and say that her deeds of love were meritorious toward salvation and that's what saved her. No. Jesus said her FAITH saved her.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the man's faith in God's mercy saved him. If you do not believe that consider the woman who washed Jesus' feet. She loved because she had been forgiven. And Jesus said to her, "Your faith has saved you." (Luke 7:50). He didn't say that what she did saved her. But you Catholics would read the passage and say that her deeds of love were meritorious toward salvation and that's what saved her. No. Jesus said her FAITH saved her.

Lk 18:1 pray always

Lk 18:10 both had faith? Both went to the temple

One has pride the other humility

Lk 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

the cause of her forgiveness is her love

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dont work for a Gift.
You only receive a Gift
Not true, depends on the conditions given by the gift giver.
Romans 10:13
-For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

You now see God requires that we do something to receive this gift. But I need to make this very clear, it has nothing to do with earning or meriting the gift, otherwise it would not be a gift!

A local car dealership is giving away a free car. You cannot earn it because it is a free gift.
But there are conditions that must be met.
You must enter the drawing to win.
The condition to the free gift are,
You must write your name, telephone number, and prove you are a United states citizen.
IF you meet these prerequisites you qualify to win this free gift.

But again, it is still a free gift. Now Gods conditions to receive His free gift are,
You must believe, repent, confess with the mouth that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, be baptized in Jesus' name for the remission of sins.
Once you meet Gods conditions in His gospel you qualify for His free gift.
By believing you have earned nothing.
By repentance you have earned nothing.
By confession you have earned nothong.
By water immersion you have earned nothing.

Remember Ephesians 2:8-9? We receive Gods grace through our faith!
-For by grace you have been saved through faith, it is the gift of God, not of works(merit) lest any should boast.

If we do nothing at all as Behold teaches then you must not believe to be saved, for believing in Christ is doing, changing, obeying God.
Doing nothing is hearing the gospel and not believing not changing your mind or actions with how you are currently living. That is not what we DO when we are saved by Gods grace.

Reactions: Robert Gwin