• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You have wrested Paul's doctrine to your own destruction because you do not understand it (2 Peter 3:15-16).

Did you want to talk more about how water has the power..........
OR did you want to tell us how faith saves, and if we dont hold unto it, faith stop saving us?

You are "water and works", theology.
Nothing more.
You just went to Galatians 1:8, and came back clueless.
So, let me help you.
Its like this. Every time you have stated that a born again christian can lose their salvation, you just became Galatians 1:8.
Every time you taught that water and repentance "saves", you became Galatians 1:8
Every time you teach that faith saves, and we must hold unto the SAVIOR FAITH, you again just became Galatians 1:8.

And now, once you come and deny what i just said, and lie, you have now that sin to deal with ...

Do you have any idea how many times this is?... well God can show you the number.
He knows it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look carefully at what I'm about to show you.

Luk 8:12, Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

This is the context of Luke 8:13, and it says clearly that if you believe you are saved. This understanding is also substantiated by Ephesians 2:8-9.

Now,

Luk 8:13, They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Notice that these people believe for a while...that means that they are saved for a while...not from hell, mind you, but from sin (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14)...then they fall away.

So, @Behold, are you going to contend that those who fall away from faith continue to have salvation?

You would be teaching heresy by doing that.

Consider Ephesians 2:8-9 and Romans 5:1-2.

We have access by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we are saved by grace.

If we lose faith, we lose access to grace and therefore our salvation is in jeopardy.

You lose faith, you lose access to grace; and since you were saved by grace, in losing access to grace you would lose salvation.

But this is only for those who have a nominal, lukewarm, or shallow faith.

Those who have a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14) are sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) and therefore have everlasting life (John 6:47) because the Holy Spirit instills within them an everlasting faith that is kept in them through the seal of the Holy Spirit...and everlasting life by definition can never come to an end...otherwise it would have been defined as temporal.

Therefore the exhortation is this.

Phl 2:12, Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

which means,

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider Romans 5:1-2, Ephesians 2:8-9.

We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand; we are saved by grace through faith.

Therefore if we no longer have faith, we no longer have access to grace. And salvation is by grace; so if someone no longer has access to grace they no longer have salvation.

This is the clear teaching of holy scripture.

While if someone has a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14), they are sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) unto everlasting life (John 6:47)...which is life that can never come to an end...otherwise it would have been defined as temporal.

But they have everlasting life because they are sealed by the Holy Spirit so that they have an everlasting faith. Thus eternal security is the reality. Jesus saves us and keeps us saved, who have a heart faith that is unto righteousness and enduring to the end.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Look carefully at what I'm about to show you.

This is the context of Luke 8:13, and it says clearly that if you believe you are saved. :

Honesty i never look carefully at your heresy, beyond 6 months ago.
And i would not look at it at all but for the fact that you live on my Threads.
Ive seen it all before, for 6+ months, and im familiar with you and your type, justbyfaith.
This forum is not my first Rodeo.

Now....
Lets look at what you just taught WRONG, and you taught it wrong because you do not know what you are doing, and the NT is closed to you.
That a fact, Mr Water + Works.

So, lets look at Luke 8:13.
What does it say that you MISSED and will alway miss?
Its says that this person, or this TYPE hearer, has no """ROOT.""

HAS NO ROOT>
HAS NO ROOT>

You flew by that CONTEXT on your way to teach more of your self created theology of works and Cross rejection.

Do you know what Has no ROOT means?
It means this person has no BORN AGAIN.
THats the TYPE.
Its the type of Carnal HEARER who can get all excited and even for a while do the dance.
The start going to church, they start studying what the Pope teaches. They get a big KJV with their name on it.
They get a "JESUS" pin, and wear it everywhere they can show it off.
Do you have yours ?
But ......in their heart, there is no ROOT.
no ROOT.
NO ROOT !!!!!!!!!
They are a "depart from me, i never knew you".
They are not truly born again, as when you are born again, you have a real ROOT, and that root is the VINE, who is The Lord Jesus.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honesty i never look carefully at your heresy, beyond 6 months ago.
And i would not look at it at all but for the fact that you live on my Threads.
Ive seen it all before, for 6+ months, and im familiar with you and your type, justbyfaith.
This forum is not my first Rodeo.

Now....
Lets look at what you just taught WRONG, and you taught it wrong because you do not know what you are doing, and the NT is closed to you.
That a fact, Mr Water + Works.

So, lets look at Luke 8:13.
What does it say that you MISSED and will alway miss?
Its says that this person, or this TYPE hearer, has no """ROOT.""

HAS NO ROOT>
HAS NO ROOT>

You flew by that CONTEXT on your way to teach more of your self created theology of works and Cross rejection.

Do you know what Has no ROOT means?
It means this person has no BORN AGAIN.
THats the TYPE.
Its the type of Carnal HEARER who can get all excited and even for a while do the dance.
The start going to church, they start studying what the Pope teaches. They get a big KJV with their name on it.
They get a "JESUS" pin, and wear it everywhere they can show it off.
Do you have yours ?
But ......in their heart, there is no ROOT.
no ROOT.
NO ROOT !!!!!!!!!
They are a "depart from me, i never knew you".
They are not truly born again, as when you are born again, you have a real ROOT, and that root is the VINE, who is The Lord Jesus.
Technically, what it means that the plant that is planted has no root, is that the root of that plant cannot go deep into the earth because the ground is shallow.

But it is still a living plant.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Technically, what it means that the plant that is planted has no root, is that the root of that plant cannot go deep into the earth because the ground is shallow.

But it is still a living plant.

You just taught that a living plant can have no roots.
That's kinda living in a fantasy world....isn't it?
THat a plant can have no root and be living?
See, you'll say anything and everything, and never has it any validity or Light in it.
You were stuck for an answer, and all you could think to say was..>"technically" a rootless plant lives.
You just want to be heard, and that's your game plan.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just taught that a living plant can have no roots.
That's kinda living in a fantasy world....isn't it?
THat a plant can have no root and be living?
See, you'll say anything and everything, and never has it any validity or Light in it.
You were stuck for an answer, and all you could think to say was..>"technically" a rootless plant lives.
You just want to be heard, and that's your game plan.
The seed in Luke 8:13 is planted in shallow, rocky soil. It does in fact have roots, but what Jesus is saying is that its roots cannot go deep enough for it to become a healthy plant that will ever produce fruit.

Notice that in Luke 8:13 the person "believes for a while"...

That indicates that he is saved (from sin, Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14) for a while.

When he falls away (from faith), he ceases to have access to grace (Romans 5:1-2), and because he is no longer a recipient of grace, he no longer has salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9)...because salvation is by grace through faith; and therefore without grace there is no salvation.

This is the person with a nominal, shallow, or lukewarm faith (spoken of in Luke 8:13).

But the person who has a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14) has everlasting life (John 6:47)...which is life that can never come to an end...otherwise it would have been defined as temporal.

He has everlasting life because he has everlasting faith, which is instilled by the Holy Spirit; because he has been sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5).

Therefore the exhortation is the following.

Phl 2:12, Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

which means,

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The seed in Luke 8:13 is planted in shallow, rocky soil. It does in fact have roots, but what Jesus is saying is that its roots cannot go deep enough for it to become a healthy plant that will ever produce fruit.

No root.
=No Salvation.
And reading more commentaries to try to understand, is not going to help you...same as before.
Listen...
Its the same reason some people wither on the Vine.
No sap is getting to the leaves, because there is no born again root to receive it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No root.
=No Salvation.
And reading more commentaries to try to understand, is not going to help you...same as before.
Listen...
Its the same reason some people wither on the Vine.
No sap is getting to the leaves, because there is no born again root to receive it.
A living plant = saved.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A living plant = saved.

"No Root", -= "depart from me, i never knew you".

"apart from me, you can do nothing" = no Root.

"shallow ground, and they fell away when the heat came up" = no Root.

None of these are born again, as without the "ROOT of Jesse", without the indwelling Christ, you have no root, and you "have sin".
If you have sin, if you have it, you are not born again.
To "have sin" is not the same as committing a carnal deed, or a work of the flesh.
Understand, justbyfaith, that if you have sin, then Jesus does not have it, and you are lost.
If you dont have sin, that is because you are "made righteousness" and "as Jesus is so you are in the world".

You can't be both.
You say you have sin, and if you have sin, that means you have the nature of sin, and that is not the new Creation.
You are judged by your own words.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to live in Victory
OP ^

Reach out and claim Jesus' Offering.
The Conversion and Peace that surpasses Understanding.

Praise God,
Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jo 1:8, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

@Behold, in claiming to have no sin, you are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you.

If you were indeed perfected you would have the attitude that you have room to grow in your Christian life (Philippians 3:15 and context).

Eph 2:8, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9, Not of works, lest any man should boast.

If you were truly without sin, you would not be boasting about it.

You would be completely unaware of the work that the Lord had done in you.

Job 9:20, If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.
Job 9:21, Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life.
Job 9:22, This is one thing, therefore I said it, He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked.

Isa 42:19, Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD'S servant?

Jhn 9:41, Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1Jo 1:8, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

@Behold, in claiming to have no sin, you are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you.

The born again are the "Righteousness of God, In Christ".
WE are "Made perfect".
We, the born again, are exactly as PURE and as HOLY, always....= as the Blood of Jesus has recreated us to be.... as a "new creation".
The "new creation" does not have "indwelling sin", or it would not be the "new Creation", deceiver.
Got that?
I dont know what you are, but you keep denying you are that, and so, this explains why you have no understanding of what it means to be born again.

You see yourself as the old man, still a sinner, so, i agree with you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WE are "Made perfect".

Perfect (Hebrews 10:14)...but not sinless (1 John 1:8)

deceiver.

You have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

And I can prove it.

In denying indwelling sin, you clearly have deceived yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8)...and because you want to promote this damnable heresy to others, you are attempting to deceive others.

But the scripture is clear.

2Ti 3:12, Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2Ti 3:13, But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.