• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great.

Another Proud Bible denier; just of a different stripe.

So sad.
What Bible verses have I denied?

I have given biblical substantiation for my statements, which you deny.

You have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@justbyfaith

What we do have dwelling in us is the lust of the flesh which becomes sin if we fulfill those lusts.

James 1:15
...when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

"lust of the flesh" is temptation.
We are not indwelled by temptation.

A temptation is a event that happens in the mind.
Its a thought that occurs, and it can be yours, or it can be put there by your Television, or by the demonic.
Its a suggestion that you literally pursue what is carnal.

Jesus had the same, but was without sin.
In other words, never did he dwell IN the Thought, past the moment of temptation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What Bible verses have I denied?

I have given biblical substantiation for my statements, which you deny.

You have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

You post verses that you twist into your idea of self saving, (legalism) regarding anything you write that is related to Salvation.

And there is coming a day when that is going to be taken from you.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus defines lust as adultery in Matthew 5:28

I feel sorry for you if you look at women to lust after them.

You shouldn’t do that.

Jesus said so.

If you continue to do so, ignoring Jesus, you will be the one described here (if you haven’t already got wrecked):

Luke 6:49
But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Put to death the lust of your flesh and sin will never manifest itself in you!

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall NOT fulfil the lust of the flesh.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel sorry for you if you look at women to lust after them.

You shouldn’t do that.

Jesus said so.

If you continue to do so, ignoring Jesus, you will be the one described here (if you haven’t already got wrecked):

Luke 6:49
But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Put to death the lust of your flesh and sin will never manifest itself in you!

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall NOT fulfil the lust of the flesh.
I have a general sense of victory over that specific kind of sin at this time in my life.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nope.

The Bible clearly teaches that someone who has faith can lose the salvation.

Nowhere in the NT is this taught, as you imply, or twist verses to try to deceive.
What is taught is , self righteousness using bible verses in a demonic way, will get you hurt.
It'll get you rebuked.
You need to listen.

For example, i could teach that if i dont abide in the vine, that i am gathered by men and burned.
However, that would only prove that i have no understanding that a symbolic verse, is not to be used to prove a literal understanding

See, i can do what you do, as i understand your inner deception, having dealt with hundreds of your type.
I could try to use the bible to harm the faith of real born again people here, and pretend im led of the Spirit, as you do.
I can teach against Grace, by substituting water and works, as you do.
I know how.
Yet i would never do it, as im not deceived by the devil, and God is not to be contradicted this way, especially on a public forum.
However that does not stop you.
But that is going to suddenly change.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look carefully at what I'm about to show you.

Luk 8:12, Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

This is the context of Luke 8:13, and it says clearly that if you believe you are saved. This understanding is also substantiated by Ephesians 2:8-9.

Now,

Luk 8:13, They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Notice that these people believe for a while...that means that they are saved for a while...not from hell, mind you, but from sin (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14)...then they fall away.

So, @Behold, are you going to contend that those who fall away from faith continue to have salvation?

You would be teaching heresy by doing that.

Consider Ephesians 2:8-9 and Romans 5:1-2.

We have access by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we are saved by grace.

If we lose faith, we lose access to grace and therefore our salvation is in jeopardy.

You lose faith, you lose access to grace; and since you were saved by grace, in losing access to grace you would lose salvation.

But this is only for those who have a nominal, lukewarm, or shallow faith.

Those who have a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14) are sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) and therefore have everlasting life (John 6:47) because the Holy Spirit instills within them an everlasting faith that is kept in them through the seal of the Holy Spirit...and everlasting life by definition can never come to an end...otherwise it would have been defined as temporal.

Therefore the exhortation is this.

Phl 2:12, Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

which means,

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a general sense of victory over that specific kind of sin at this time in my life.

At this time”?

Beware my friend:

2 Peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this time”?

Beware my friend:

2 Peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
Thank you, brother, for that warning...

I was referring to my past in saying what I said....for I have not always had the victory and freedom that I have now.

But again, thank you...for you are being obedient to the following.

Heb 3:12, Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13, But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Therefore I appreciate your heartfelt exhortation to my soul.

For all you know it made the difference in where I will spend eternity.

Keep up the good work!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, brother, for that warning...

I was referring to my past in saying what I said....for I have not always had the victory and freedom that I have now.

But again, thank you...for you are being obedient to the following.

Heb 3:12, Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13, But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Therefore I appreciate your heartfelt exhortation to my soul.

For all you know it made the difference in where I will spend eternity.

Keep up the good work!

@justbyfaith

I commend you sir. I have never seen humility like this on any forum.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith

I commend you sir. I have never seen humility like this on any forum.
Thank you, that is a wonderful compliment.

At the beginning of my Christian walk I made it my prayer that the Lord would produce in me three virtues: humility, wisdom, and love.

If you see humility in me therefore, it is as the result of an answer to that prayer.

All glory be to God!

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Right...you are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8).

Jesus is in me. He's the Truth.

Your issue is that you trust in Faith, as your savior, which is the error a lot of legalist's have.
You also trust in works and water.

And the issue is, none of those will save you, no matter how many more times you post about them.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is in me. He's the Truth.

Your issue is that you trust in Faith, as your savior, which is the error a lot of legalist's have.
You also trust in works and water.

And the issue is, none of those will save you, no matter how many more times you post about them.
If you deny indwelling sin, you deceive yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8).

Therefore, since you are denying indwelling sin, you need to honestly question whether or not Jesus is dwelling in you; since He is the truth and therefore, since the truth is not in you, how can Jesus be dwelling within you; since you deny indwelling sin and therefore you are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you?

As for my faith in the operation of God, that is not in the water, as though there were any magical properties in the water. My assurance of faith is based in the knowledge that I have confessed Jesus Christ before men by identifying with Him in His death, burial, and resurrection.

I also do not trust in my works to save me in the slightest.

And of course, the number of times that I will post these things does not make a difference, in that you are correct.

What makes the difference is that I am right in what I believe in; and because my faith is in the right object, I have everlasting life.

Mar 16:16, He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The terminology of "shall" is absolute in nature.

So, your contention that my belief + baptism didn't save me is erroneous.

For baptism is not a work.

And also, the contention that someone can believe and be baptized and not be saved is erroneous; it is absolutely promised that the one who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If you deny indwelling sin, you deceive yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8).

Still trying to make one verse you can't comprehend teach the NT?
You might want to try another trick.

So, listen carefully.
I have NO Indwelling sin....>I only have INDWELLING CHRIST.
Why is that? Because my "old man", who was the sin nature, is "crucified with Christ" and DEAD.
So, what is DEAD, does not "indwell me". And that is why Paul told me to "reckon it Dead".
And once you are born again, you should also.
Why is that?
Because its dead.
Now, its not dead in you, because you have admitted this, and its a devil's deceiver who is trying to create the false idea that the born again have a "sin nature".
They do not, they have a NEW NATURE< that is the "NEW CREATION".
This is God's Nature, that exists as the born again nature, which is to be "in Christ".

Go here and find some help for your self verified heretical issues., justbyfaith.

1 Peter 2:24 = Hebrews 13:8

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, listen carefully.
I have NO Indwelling sin...

1Jo 1:8, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

One verse stands in the way of your doctrine; and there only needs to be one verse to stand in the way of your doctrine in order for your doctrine to be refuted.

Actually there are also other verses that teach us about indwelling sin (Romans 7:18, 1 Timothy 1:15, Romans 3:23, Galatians 3:22)

Now, its not dead in you, because you have admitted this,

I have confessed this...and in doing so it should be clear that Jesus is faithful and just to forgive me and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). So, therefore, it is dead within me.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
One verse stands in the way of your doctrine;

My doctrine is Pauls, and John's verse that is not written to the born again, specifically, does not stand in our way.
But it does highlight you.
Listen,
That verse does not stand in my way, that verse just proves your inability to "rightly divide".
See, if you keep reading, you'll find that John says that the born again can not sin.
Why does he say that? Its because they have no sin nature.
This does not mean they can't be tempted and lust and commit a carnal act.
It simple means that the born again, are no longer attached to the Dead Carnal Man, that you love to state is your problem.
But its not ours. Its just yours.

Im not certain why you are not able to realize that not all NT verses are aimed at the born again.
The one you keep ranting does not involve the born again