• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm in agreement with every word...

But I would add that if anyone is truly born again, he is made into a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv))...so that he "cannot sin" (1 John 3:9).

And that is why there is "no sin in him" and there is no need to confess what isn't there.
See it now?
So, get off your 1 jn 1:9 obsession, and stay with...>"cannot sin".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
does there have to be a changed mind?
Is repentance unto salvation a changed mind?
If you could simply answer those two questions it would help?

"faith COMES...........by hearing"..
This means that it isn't there, until it comes.

You have to hear, what you need to KNOW, so that you an BELIEVE IT.

When you believe it, you have left unbelief.
This is required by God.
You have to leave unbelief and begin to BELIEVE in Jesus, ...
THat is when faith is "COME"....

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold have to go get ready for the day. I’m not really trying to be confusing and I’m not saying I disagree with you because I’m not really sure what you are saying or the intent. To be honest, I’m not only going by what I think his word says but also by what I’ve experienced. (Whether it be right or wrong). Countless times over my life saying “I believe!” And saying a prayer accepting Jesus into my heart. Repentance of my sins. But nothing ever changed. Decades. Going around claiming to have salvation and never once knowing I was blind. Years of claiming grace when there was no relationship whatsoever with God. It was all empty words. Repeating and following after a parade of “I believe!” with being of the same mind still. A couple years ago...close to five years...something happened that pierced deep and to the quick. What I think you are saying and I could be wrong, is there doesn’t need to be mourning or sorrow which He describes as such a deep ‘in the quick’ sorrow compared to labour pangs of a deliverance out from wrath?

Being sorry for your sin, and being sorry for what we are....... this is usually the feeling we have when God is showing us His Son in a way that can only be revealed by the Holy Spirit.
This is a very personal encounter, and it can happen anywhere, anytime, your heart is being opened to receive God's Love Offer, who is Jesus the Lord.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being sorry for your sin, and being sorry for what we are....... this is usually the feeling we have when God is showing us His Son in a way that can only be revealed by the Holy Spirit.

No, it’s a feeling you have when you are overcome with guilt, and desire reconciliation with the offended party.

Luke 17:3-4
[3] Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. [4] And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

There’s no need for extravagant and exaggerated explanations for simple Bible words.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is why there is "no sin in him" and there is no need to confess what isn't there.
See it now?
So, get off your 1 jn 1:9 obsession, and stay with...>"cannot sin".

In 1 John 1:8, it is clear that we all have indwelling sin.

(So, in 1 John 1:9, it is clear that we are cleansed from all unrighteousness when we acknowledge that indwelling sin; as a divine paradox: for when we cease to confess that sin, we cease from being cleansed; and therefore it is the confession that I am a sinner that allows for me to be cleansed from all sin.)

Yet, we "cannot sin", not because we don't have indwelling sin; but because indwelling sin has been rendered dead within us (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have it.
You have your sin.
You keep telling us so.
I believe you.

I have indwelling Christ, im born again, and all my "sin" is on the Cross, as Jesus bore it all.
Its gone.
You have sin as well.

The fact that you deny this means that your sin is greater. It has affected you to the extent that you are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you, according to 1 John 1:8.

So, your sin includes self-deception and being void of the truth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You have sin as well.

No , i actually Dont.
If i had it, then Jesus would not be my Savior.
As in that case, id just be a sinner, such as you define yourself.

So..... You are very confused regarding the Blood Atonement, and Redemption, and you cause harm on this Forum, and i suspect to other believers in life.
That day will end, and you will know it when it does.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No , i actually Dont.
If i had it, then Jesus would not be my Savior.
As in that case, id just be a sinner, such as you define yourself.

So..... You are very confused regarding the Blood Atonement, and Redemption, and you cause harm on this Forum, and i suspect to other believers in life.
That day will end, and you will know it when it does.
I believe that it is you who are causing harm on this forum; in that you teach the false, gnostic doctrine that we do not have indwelling sin. In denying that you have sin, you are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8) and you would attempt to teach others to have the same grievous flaw in doctrine as you do.

That is dangerous.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I believe that it is you who are causing harm on this forum; in that you teach the false, gnostic doctrine that we do not have indwelling sin. .

As i told you previously.
You have no idea what "gnostics" teach, unless you go now and read wikipedia, and cut and paste it as if you wrote it.
Want to give that a shot?

So, the harm is only found in the teaching that rejects the Grace of God, by substituting water, and works.
Thats you.
That's what you do. = here.
And i told you, your day is coming.
God is not mocked, and you live to try to prove that Salvation is only as good as a person's behavior, and that is total rejection of God's blood and The Cross.
So, you think you can just keep on with this because it feels good to your flesh to chant your obsession with self righteousness on this forum.
But, time is running out.
Watch and see.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, we "cannot sin", not because we don't have indwelling sin; but because indwelling sin has been rendered dead within us

You are wrong.

The old man is dead and crucified with Christ; You have put him off. You have no part of him in you (if you are truly born again):

Ephesians 4:22-24 KJVS
[22] ...put off concerning the former conduct the old man... [24] And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Luke 11:35-36
Take heed therefore that the light which is in you be not darkness. [36] If your whole body therefore be full of light, having NO PART dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle does give you light.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And i told you, your day is coming.
God is not mocked, and you live to try to prove that Salvation is only as good as a person's behavior, and that is total rejection of God's blood.
I know that on that day He is going to reward me with good for the gold, silver, and precious gems that I have laid on the foundation of Jesus Christ; and for laying that foundation in certain people's lives.

The blood of Jesus does indeed justify a man (Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies him (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses him from all sin (1 John 1:7).

So, it is not that a person's behaviour affects his salvation; it is that salvation affects a person's behaviour.

Hope that clears things up for you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are wrong.

The old man is dead and crucified with Christ; You have put him off. You have no part of him in you (if you are truly born again):

Ephesians 4:22-24 KJVS
[22] ...put off concerning the former conduct the old man... [24] And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Luke 11:35-36
Take heed therefore that the light which is in you be not darkness. [36] If your whole body therefore be full of light, having NO PART dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle does give you light.
If you have the light shining into your life, it will expose the cobwebs of sin in your life; and it is the blood of Jesus that will cleanse you from all sin as you continue to confess it.

Specific scriptures teach us that we have indwelling sin (1 John 1:8, 1 Timothy 1:15, Romans 7:18, Galatians 3:22, Romans 3:23, and more); and to teach that we do not have indwelling sin is in fact gnostic heresy.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Specific scriptures teach us that we have indwelling sin (1 John 1:8, 1 Timothy 1:15, Romans 7:18, Galatians 3:22, Romans 3:23, and more); and to teach that we do not have indwelling sin is in fact gnostic heresy.

No, all those scripture citations do not teach what you say.

You are the one in error.

What we do have dwelling in us is the lust of the flesh which becomes sin if we fulfill those lusts.

James 1:15
...when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I know that on that day He is going to reward me with good for the gold, silver, and precious gems that I have laid on the foundation of Jesus Christ; and for laying that foundation in certain people's lives.The blood of Jesus does indeed justify a man (Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies him (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses him from all sin (1 John 1:7).So, it is not that a person's behaviour affects his salvation; it is that salvation affects a person's behaviour.
Hope that clears things up for you.

Here is what is clear.
For as long as you have been on this Forum, you have denied the Cross, which is to teach that a born again Christian, can lose God's Gift of Salvation.
And that, is the devil's theology.

Also, i was not talking about after you died.
I hope that is clear.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith

What we do have dwelling in us is the lust of the flesh which becomes sin if we fulfill those lusts.

James 1:15
...when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, all those scripture citations do not teach what you say.

You are the one in error.

Nope.

Here is what is clear.
For as long as you have been on this Forum, you have denied the Cross, which is to teach that a born again Christian, can lose God's Gift of Salvation.
And that, is the devil's theology.

Also, i was not talking about after you died.
I hope that is clear.

The Bible clearly teaches that someone who has faith can lose the salvation that such faith provides for them (Luke 8:12-13, Romans 11:20-22), if they are not sealed by the Holy Spirit, if their faith is nominal, shallow, or lukewarm, and not a faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14), so that they might have everlasting life (John 6:47) which is life that can never come to an end...otherwise it would have been defined as temporal.

Why is it that you cannot understand my speech?

You continue to misrepresent me on these forums as though I were teaching something different than what I am teaching.