How to recognize a real Teacher.....Pt 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The reason that God gives Teachers, is because its the fastest way to learn the Truth.
Ii is why HE have us Christ and His Spirit, but as you can see, they are last on every ones list.

1Co_1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Luk_10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

because every one is wise in His own eyes, who need Jesus, men are too smart for God, and they cant see how proud and arrogant that is.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes; the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth; and there is one Lord in holy scripture (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv), 1 Corinthians 8:6)

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Weren't you trying to let @Behold know how superior you were with your degrees and all?

Which is better, comparing some one's behavior to that of a dog, or calling a grown man a little boy?

Do you want to know what impresses me?

Much love!
No, I wasn't.
If you don't know the answer to your second question, no use asking me because I am guaranteed to give the wrong answer.
Not particularly. Autistic people are only impressed when a person can add to their body of knowledge.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't know the answer to your second question, no use asking me because I am guaranteed to give the wrong answer.

Which is better, comparing some one's behavior to that of a dog, or calling a grown man a little boy?

I would say that neither are generally useful.

Not particularly. Autistic people are only impressed when a person can add to their body of knowledge.

Being as I've mentioned before being somewhat autistic, I'm wondering if you mean this as a put down towards me.

Do you know many autistic people? It doesn't really seem that you know much about autistic people.

Much love!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I would say that neither are generally useful.

Being as I've mentioned before being somewhat autistic, I'm wondering if you mean this as a put down towards me.

Do you know many autistic people? It doesn't really seem that you know much about autistic people.

Much love!

Generally speaking, people seem to think that I don't know much about anything. Despite the fact that I have made it very clear that I do not speak on a subject unless I have thoroughly researched it and left no stone unturned in coming to grips with it. That being the case, I don't know what more I can do apart from throwing in little titbits now and then and try to sound as though I do know what I am talking about when it is clear it is my opinion, not researched facts. But I do know that a lot of people prefer that to well-researched truth.

I would say that maybe you are the one that is deficient in your knowledge of autism as autistic people do not seek to put people down. All I ever do is research the facts and when I am sure I have them, only then will I speak. What you do with them is up to you. I do not intend to dictate that side of things.

As to knowing many people who are autistic, one does not have to know people to know what autism is. I know what it is because I am autistic. I know what it is because I have read numerous books written by people with autism. I know what autism is because I have attended an autism support group. I know what autism is because I have watched documentaries on the subject on TV. I know what autism is because people I know who have children who are autistic tell me what they do.

And to illustrate the point, I know what divorce is not because I have ever been divorced. I know because marriage and divorce is one of the subjects I studied in uni for my Social Science Degree. The lecturer was amazing as there was nothing that he did not know about the subject.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To become a heretic is very easy to do.
What you do is get caught up in some devil's theology that is denominational related, BEFORE you have become truly and deeply enlightened regarding "God's Grace".
Its this verse. Hebrews 13:9

Sometimes, A person is born again, and right away they get sucked into the bottomless void of the "spiritual gifts'" crowd, or the "worshiping Mary" crowd, or any number of hundreds of these theological isolation tanks, and they get lost in it for life. They become hardened , can't see, can't discern, and don't care.
To avoid that, you need to find a real teacher as early as possible in your Faith walk, who will lead you away from bad bible versions, and strong verses and deep epistles that will rip your theological head off if you get into them before you are spiritually mature enough to not be harmed by them.
A real teacher is going to tell you this, because a real teacher knows to protect you as well as help you find more light.
You can read Justbyfaith, as he talks about getting in the epistle of Hebrews, and now, his theology is ruined.
Hes' 1 Part God's Grace and 1 Part total self effort legalism.
That is what happens when you jump into that word of God and dont know what to avoid as well as what to learn.
do you attend any church ?

are you part of a local fellowship of believers ?

if so with what denomination ?

if not why not ?

what does Hebrews 10:25 mean to you

Some people have given up the habit of meeting for worship, but we must not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other, especially since you know that the day of the Lord's coming is getting closer.

Acts 2:42
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you attend any church ?

are you part of a local fellowship of believers ?

if so with what denomination ?

if not why not ?

what does Hebrews 10:25 mean to you

Some people have given up the habit of meeting for worship, but we must not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other, especially since you know that the day of the Lord's coming is getting closer.

Acts 2:42
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

hope this helps !!!

So, now you are agreeing with what I said in the thread Lockdowns...?