How to recognize a real Teacher.....Pt 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll know them by their fruit.

What is the fruit of a teacher? Is it not their disciples? What is changed in those whom they teach? Are they more in love with God? Are they living more righteous lives?

Or do they continue in discouragement and shame?

Much love!
Agree....I think one reason God chose and ordained those in positions of government is because it is a gift that not everyone has. God chose, called, and equipped the apostles, prophets, preachers, teachers, and evangelists.
I have sat.under the teaching of some who were not called to be a teacher and it was dry and fruitless.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree....I think one reason God chose and ordained those in positions of government is because it is a gift that not everyone has. God chose, called, and equipped the apostles, prophets, preachers, teachers, and evangelists.
I have sat.under the teaching of some who were not called to be a teacher and it was dry and fruitless.
God has chosen the foolish to confound the wise.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll know them by their fruit.

What is the fruit of a teacher? Is it not their disciples? What is changed in those whom they teach? Are they more in love with God? Are they living more righteous lives?

Or do they continue in discouragement and shame?

Much love!
The fruit of a teacher can include their disciples.

But I think that, primarily, the fruit of a teacher is how they carry themselves. Do they walk in the flesh or do they bear the fruit of the Spirit?

The fruit of a teacher is primarily what we find in Galatians 5:19-23; but is not limited to that.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fruit of a teacher can include their disciples.

But I think that, primarily, the fruit of a teacher is how they carry themselves. Do they walk in the flesh or do they bear the fruit of the Spirit?

The fruit of a teacher is primarily what we find in Galatians 5:19-23; but is not limited to that.
In my doctrine of faith we also refer to it as the anointing of the Holy Spirit that is upon that person who is ministering in whatever role they are in.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The world's qualifications? Why does that matter?

I don't think you realize what you have said. Most of the Christian world teachers and expositors have a qualification from a secular university as well as from a Christian university or bible college establishment.

Having a post-graduate degree in teaching from one of Australia's top universities has made me a far better teacher had I not gained that degree as I know that having a theological degree from a Christian Bible College, they do not teach you how to teach. The Uni course taught me how to teach. and whilst I am fully aware that several commentators here believe that they only have to say something and it is anointed and true. I am not stupid enough to believe that is necessarily the case.

Ane one of the men I learnt from was a Christian, a University professor, a Ph.D. and the author of about 80 books and one of the finest Christians I have ever met. I will take him any day over those who have no qualifications of any kind but think they are anointed by God every time they speak.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ive taught longer then you've been saved, if you actually are...
Read my 40+ Threads ive posted in a month.
Be smarter.

So what you are saying is that you have no qualifications to teach unlike me and you have been teaching for more than 66 years.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting

Interesting perception about teachers of the Word.
IMHO a good teacher will lay a good foundation first to build upon. They will take the time to find out what level of understanding their students have of the topic of discussion and prepare their lessons from there.
They will have a great amount of patience to insure their students fully understand before taking it to the next level.
They are not boastful and prideful about their knowledge and they do not speak in a condescending tone. They are very mindful of the fact that the students are there to learn what they have no knowledge of as yet.
A good teacher promotes confidence and a sense of achievement in their students.
A good teacher never shames or mocks a student in the classroom.
A good teacher can teach an entire classroom and yet make a student feel as if they are the only ones in it.

I could go on....but it's just my opinion....it's not worth much...so I offer it free of charge.:)
It may be an opinion but it is true. Unlike Behold who has a problem with self deception.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you realize what you have said. Most of the Christian world teachers and expositors have a qualification from a secular university as well as from a Christian university or bible college establishment.

Having a post-graduate degree in teaching from one of Australia's top universities has made me a far better teacher had I not gained that degree as I know that having a theological degree from a Christian Bible College, they do not teach you how to teach. The Uni course taught me how to teach. and whilst I am fully aware that several commentators here believe that they only have to say something and it is anointed and true. I am not stupid enough to believe that is necessarily the case.

Ane one of the men I learnt from was a Christian, a University professor, a Ph.D. and the author of about 80 books and one of the finest Christians I have ever met. I will take him any day over those who have no qualifications of any kind but think they are anointed by God every time they speak.
Actually, it is in realizing the difference that led me to say what I said.

Many people have much training, and many degrees, and much publication, and many accollades, and many devotees. And that's all fine. Yes, schooling can help you improve, and it can also lead astray. Good godly teachers are wonderful!

Just the same . . .

Regardless of whether or not some may or may not make claims for themselves, I personally would rather be taught by someone who is given the gift of teaching, and teaches in the power and activity of the Holy Spirit, than someone who teaches based on their uni alone.

And I believe that God is sufficient to provide proper teaching directly through His servants whom He chose for that work.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Interesting

Interesting perception about teachers of the Word.
IMHO a good teacher will lay a good foundation first to build upon. They will take the time to find out what level of understanding their students have of the topic of discussion and prepare their lessons from there.
They will have a great amount of patience to insure their students fully understand before taking it to the next level.
They are not boastful and prideful about their knowledge and they do not speak in a condescending tone. They are very mindful of the fact that the students are there to learn what they have no knowledge of as yet.
A good teacher promotes confidence and a sense of achievement in their students.
A good teacher never shames or mocks a student in the classroom.
A good teacher can teach an entire classroom and yet make a student feel as if they are the only ones in it.

I could go on....but it's just my opinion....it's not worth much...so I offer it free of charge.:)

All good points....

Forums are a different situation, as members are allowed to mock and ridicule a "teacher" at will.
That's life. it is what it is.
In a classroom, not at all.
But setting that aside..
If you came to my Class,.... and it would not matter the subject, my goal for you, is when you leave it, you are prepared for ministry and you are theologically bulletproof.
If you later went to a "christian forum", and the heathen start to rage at you, its not going to be effective, as you will be too deep and too thorough and too knowledgable.
In my class you will master the subject so that you can teach it., as if that is not the case when class is over, then the teacher failed you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So what you are saying is that you have no qualifications to teach unlike me and you have been teaching for more than 66 years.

My Qualifications to teach?

Im seminary Trained.
Ive taught thousands of people.
I have performed most of the ministry "offices" in Church.
But none of that is so important....
All that matters is that i was willing, and God called, and i was not ready, and He enabled.
I now have specific gifts and i share them all over the planet for a long time.

Listen, I dont mind you chasing me around on the Forum, marksman.
Its like this...the dogs keep barking, while the Elephant keeps moving forward.
Nothing new.

In '2003 the USA TX supreme court legalized "gay sex"....Sodomy, between males. They legalized it.
The next day, i was on forums telling people like you to LOOK OUT !! = that "homosexuality" was coming to your children's school books, your elementary school curriculum, your college classrooms, and to your COURTS, until homosexuality was found everywhere in the USA, being promoted, tolerated, taught....ect.
In 2003 was laughed to scorn on "forums" by people who can't SEE, when i told them this..
I can see.
Look around the USA Now. Are you gay? If so, you can adopt some baby BOYS....
Welcome to what i was telling "forums", in 2003, and churches also.
I bet there are many "christians" on this forum that will be cheerleaders for "gay rights".
Sure. This spiritual infection found its way into the church.

Listen, If and when you can see, you'll know then what i was always doing here.
Till then, enjoy your darkness.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All good points....

Forums are a different situation, as members are allowed to mock and ridicule a "teacher" at will.
That's life. it is what it is.
In a classroom, not at all.
But setting that aside..
If you came to my Class,.... and it would not matter the subject, my goal for you, is when you leave it, you are prepared for ministry and you are theologically bulletproof.
If you later went to a "christian forum", and the heathen start to rage at you, its not going to be effective, as you will be too deep and too thorough and too knowledgable.
In my class you will master the subject so that you can teach it., as if that is not the case when class is over, then the teacher failed you.
Forums are different because the members here all want to be teachers and none are willing to be students.:)
Now I need to rephrase that...it is false exaggeration of the truth to say all and none.
So I will say some refuse to be students...they just want to teach their beliefs and argue with those who refuse to accept it.
I always have this saying....you can change my mind with the proper evidence of proof...but rarely can you change my beliefs.
Why is that? It's mind versus heart....carnal versus spiritual...flesh versus spirit..

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Forums are different because the members here all want to be teachers and none are willing to be students.:)
Now I need to rephrase that...it is false exaggeration of the truth to say all and none.
So I will say some refuse to be students...they just want to teach their beliefs and argue with those who refuse to accept it.
I always have this saying....you can change my mind with the proper evidence of proof...but rarely can you change my beliefs.
Why is that? It's mind versus heart....carnal versus spiritual...flesh versus spirit..

The core of us all is what we believe, regarding everything we know.
If this core of us is contradicted, even if by Gospel Truth, then friction and resistance will follow until the Holy Spirit opens a person's inner eye.
Some are never opened.

Its like preaching to an unbeliever........ they can't see that Christ is God and Atonement is so needful to/for them.
Many think this is all "crazy talk", its like "the easter bunny" and "Zeus"....its all just mythology.
But when God opens their inner eye, then He has penetrated their fleshy mental resistance, and suddenly they are thanking Jesus , the former myth, for saving their Soul on that Cross, and thanking Him in PUBLIC.
Only God can cause that, and that is one of the Proofs that God is real.
Another proof is all the Hymnals filled with people pouring out their LOVE to THE God you can't see.
Why do we all feel this love for a God we can't see?
Why do we want to please this God you can't see?
Why do we make choices and build our lives around this God we can't see?
Because God is REAL. !
Why do we read....>"Oh Crimson is the Flow that washed me white as Snow, No other Fount i know, nothing but the Blood of Jesus"., and if we are born again, we KNOW what that song is all about.
We feel it.....just as the writer who wrote it with those joyful tears, felt it all their born again life.

One day an unbelieving person thinks: " that Jesus is a crutch"... then 7 days later they are weeping joy and shouting THANK YOU JESUS !!!! Totally changed, a completely different "NEW CREATION" In Christ.
Only God can do that.... And He does it all the time.

We were all sinful pride before we were saved. We all still have our "flesh".
This flesh can't see Truth, and it wants to have its own way, and it overlaps our belief system, in many cases.
We the born again, are "circumcised without Hands", =Spiritually, .......so, the real us, is that New Birth, born again, Into God and Christ, SAINT.
The old us, is that carnal prideful flesh, that is been cut away from our New man by God's Spirit, but it still has sin patterns and pride and issues.
Paul tells us to reckon it dead, to never see ourselves again as THAT flesh, but to only see ourselves as God sees us...the born again Spirit that is "in Christ".
God does not see your flesh, but we have it . The FREEDOM is, dont see it. The rule is... Dont see it. The Victory is found when we only see ourselves as God sees us, and we refuse to even consider that we are anything else BUT a new Creation in Christ.
Why see yourself as anything other then as exactly as God sees you all the time. ??
That is what im teaching you , Reader, for 6+ weeks now.

The more you can leave the flesh and live in the Mind of Right Believing, regarding our eternal place in God and our eternal peace with God, the more we are able to walk deeper into the right mind of "walking in the Spirit".
Perfected Discipleship.... is to come into perfect mental alignment with GOD's perspective of who you are in Christ and LIVE THERE.
When you learn how to live there, Reader, you have discovered the Grace of God and the Real Walk of Faith.

To teach a person how to think spiritually, how to see spiritually, this has to penetrate through layers of self, and this is a battle.... and self will rage and yell and deny and hate.
Other's who are less "self" and more open to the mystical, the spiritual, and the TRUTH, will be able to relate, even if its just small bites and little mouthfuls at a time.

I give too much information in Threads on purpose, so that there is always more to eat later.
Once God starts showing the Light im giving, a person will find more and more of it.
One day its...>"listen to that behold, He is always telling me to see myself as God sees me and not think of myself as a "saved sinner". "why can't he just let me sin and repent and talk about 1 Jn 1:9".
= Its because you are not that person, unless that is your faith.
Its not supposed to be your Faith..

Later, they may see this differently, me differently...tho, maybe just a little.. then a little more..
All my Threads offer variations on THE Theme of "God's Grace" "Peace with God'.."Seeing yourself as God sees you"...."Right Believing".
Im always teaching you reader, = how to live in ONE VERSE. Hebrews 13:9
If you live there, you will be Faith safe, Theologically sound, free in Grace, and deeply at Peace with God, and full of Light.

What i teach here lets you come out of bondage and into the GRACE of GOD that is so Amazing that once you are truly in it, you will wonder why it took you so long.
Well, Reader, you have to have a good teacher lead you into the Light as is was a bad one that lead you away from the Light.

You read a verse 1000 times and one day the verse seemingly talks to you., makes perfect TRUTH to you.
Thats God opening and revealing.
He sends real teachers to place all this before you so that you can begin to See.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's more like this...

Pro 18:17 (kjv), He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.

Pro 18:17
(ESV), The one who states his case first seems right,
until the other comes and examines him.

Pro 18:17
(NLT), The first to speak in court sounds right—
until the cross-examination begins.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Here is how God taught me to recognize the deceivers....

I asked God one afternoon, sitting on a porch swing, in the summer of 1991, that very question.
I had for a while looked around and i noticed that there was a church on every corner, and none of them agreed with each other's "teaching".
I realized that the entire world is full of denominations that all have peculiar ideas, strange doctrines, a Wooden Mary hanging on a wall next to a smaller wooden Jesus.
WHAT IS THIS MESS all around me. ??????

So, i asked God how to know, as i had to know.. I really had to know who was telling the TRUTH.
And He answered me in typical God fashion. He said..."find out what isn't true, and what is left, is true".
Knock down the false and what is left standing is the Rock, is the foundation, is the Light.
So, i had to do it. I had to learn how to SEE.
God often show you the Path, and you have to walk it, Saint.
HE told me what to do, but i had to do it, to KNOW.
So do you.
In other words, He told me to find out what was not right, what was offensive to the Cross, offensive to The Christ..... so that i could understand what was CORRECT and TRUE.

Let me tell you about the Devil.
He is smarter then you will ever be. He has mastered the bible in a secular way. He knows you better then you know you.
He understands that by adamic nature, we are self righteous, and we want to take credit and be noticed and appreciated and be given APPLAUSE and position.
The Devil comes to "christianity", not openly as a deceiver, but as a teacher, as a Light Bearer, as a Leader, as true.
His ministers come as teachers and preachers of righteousness.
They dont try to get you drink blood and hang Crosses upside down on a wall and astral project.
Satan's workers talk about all the things that you think a real spirit filled believer is going to talk about..
See, He knows this is what you are looking for, and that is what he is going to give you.. and that is why most of you can't tell the difference between a real God appointed leader and a Satanic counterfeit.
Here is what the devil knows about you. He knows you want to have someone talk to you about "love" and talk in a "tone" that is sweet and loving. He knows you are drawn to the "hug", so, he has his workers doing it while they lie.

Satan knows you dont study your bible. He knows that you spend very little time in prayer, and even less in praise. He knows that you are into the world, into having fun, and feeling good and buying more stuff.
He knows you were watching Game of Thrones when you know that this program was filled with LUST, RAPE, Savagery, and for how many years?
You are watching a lot of stuff that you know you should not be watching.
That big Screen, is a Hell box. You have to cut yourself loose from its control, Saint.
You have to use it WISELY and not to just feed your carnal desires.
Satan knows you dont have a chance regarding withstanding him, or discerning Him.
He has most of you in a cult, he has a lot of you trying to keep yourself saved, and he knows that if he put your mama or your brother or your best friend in the ER tonight, you would not know how to call on God and get this situation under control.
He would remind your mind of all the stuff you've been doing, and have you so condemned that you would feel ashamed to be asking God to help.
Oh YES.
Thats right.
And you think im being hard on you?
Im not, but he will be. He will harm you, and crush you, and if possible he'll ruin your relationships, ruin your kids, ruin your faith, ruin your health, and He will enjoy doing it. He possesses NO MERCY, he has NO CONSCIENCE, and "SIN" is his NATURE..."LUST" is his Spirit.
When the devil has you targeted for destruction, he will bring a person into your life that will cause you RUIN if you dont realize you are being drawn into it.
Remember that i told you that...

Go to Part 2.
he can also decieve you if you talk too much then disregarding the bit of that God was saying to you deep inside it was like you are saying that serpent can see the heart since he knows it all

yet he was wrong everytime he is talking to God about God's people

no one is good but God every man is a liar but God is true

people can tell if this man is a true teacher by the word of God the bible will be the guide and the judge

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My Qualifications to teach?

Im seminary Trained.
Ive taught thousands of people.
I have performed most of the ministry "offices" in Church.
But none of that is so important....
All that matters is that i was willing, and God called, and i was not ready, and He enabled.
I now have specific gifts and i share them all over the planet for a long time.

Listen, I dont mind you chasing me around on the Forum, marksman.
Nothing new.

In '2003 the USA TX supreme court legalized "gay sex"....Sodomy, between males. They legalized it.
The next day, i was on forums telling people like you to LOOK OUT !! = that "homosexuality" was coming to your children's school books, your elementary school curriculum, your college classrooms, and to your COURTS, until homosexuality was found everywhere in the USA, being promoted, tolerated, taught....ect.
In 2003 was laughed to scorn on "forums" by people who can't SEE, when i told them this..
I can see.
Look around the USA Now. Are you gay? If so, you can adopt some baby BOYS....
Welcome to what i was telling "forums", in 2003, and churches also.
I bet there are many "christians" on this forum that will be cheerleaders for "gay rights".
Sure. This spiritual infection found its way into the church.

Listen, If and when you can see, you'll know then what i was always doing here.
Till then, enjoy your darkness.
What seminary?

If you have performed most of the ministry offices in the church, you are one big mixed-up kid.

And I suggest that you remove or apologize for calling me a dog because that is totally offensive and shows us where you are coming from and that you have no respect for anyone except those who agree with you, otherwise I will have you removed from the forum.

This forum is not in existence so you can insult people when it suits you and for you to try and let us all know how superior you are to everyone else Face facts little boy we are not impressed.

As someone else said you are controlled by self-delusion.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, it is in realizing the difference that led me to say what I said.

Many people have much training, and many degrees, and much publication, and many accollades, and many devotees. And that's all fine. Yes, schooling can help you improve, and it can also lead astray. Good godly teachers are wonderful!

Just the same . . .

Regardless of whether or not some may or may not make claims for themselves, I personally would rather be taught by someone who is given the gift of teaching, and teaches in the power and activity of the Holy Spirit, than someone who teaches based on their uni alone.

And I believe that God is sufficient to provide proper teaching directly through His servants whom He chose for that work.

Much love!
I am very fortunate I was taught by people with many qualifications that did not lead them astray.

The people that I have been blessed to be taught by never taught on the basis of their qualifications alone. They have been acknowledged as men who teach by the spirit, some of them worldwide. Some of them have affected whole countries like China with their teaching.

The people that I have been taught and tutored by have been chosen by God for the ministry of teaching.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
no one is good but God every man is a liar but God is true

The verse that you are using , is not in context of one person as compared to another.
Its stating that as compared to the depth and width and greatness of God's ultimate Truth......Understanding that God Himself IS The TRUTH , then compared to God, its as if we are all liars.........is the comparison.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am very fortunate I was taught by people with many qualifications that did not lead them astray.

The people that I have been blessed to be taught by never taught on the basis of their qualifications alone. They have been acknowledged as men who teach by the spirit, some of them worldwide. Some of them have affected whole countries like China with their teaching.

The people that I have been taught and tutored by have been chosen by God for the ministry of teaching.

And yet you can't explain the Gospel of the Grace of God and you think you are a sinner, and you have no idea why the Blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved.
So whoever taught you, failed.
This means you are a truly poor student, or you are a victim of some really bad teachers.
I think its more that you were taught by some famous heretics,as your theology is Galatians 1:8, according to what you've told me.