How to recognize a real Teacher... Pt 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
nehemiah 13
7 and I came to Jerusalem and discovered the evil that Eliashib had done for Tobiah, in preparing a room for him in the courts of the house of God.
8 And it grieved me bitterly; therefore I threw all the household goods of Tobiah out of the room.
9 Then I commanded them to cleanse the rooms; and I brought back into them the articles of the house of God, with the grain offering and the frankincense.

Matthew 21
12 Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves.
13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’ ” (Jeremiah 7:11)

Luke 24:44
Jesus said to them, “...all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.”

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 14
16 So His disciples went out, and came into the city, and found it just as He had said to them; and they prepared the Passover.
17 In the evening He came with the twelve.
18 Now as they sat and ate, Jesus said, “Assuredly, I say to you, one of you who eats with Me will betray Me.”
19 And they began to be sorrowful, and to say to Him one by one, “Is it I?” And another said, “Is it I?”
20 He answered and said to them, “It is one of the twelve, who dips with Me in the dish.
21 The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born.”
22 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
23 Then He took the cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, and they all drank from it.
24 And He said to them, “This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.
25 Assuredly, I say to you, I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”
26 And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Judas sang with them!

26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.
29 For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.
30 He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.

Judas left during the supper.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you're saying that a man can fall away, and still be saved?
Who is it who falls away? Some hypothetical man? Who is it who believes in Jesus, is born again, and than falls back into unrebirth?

Is God not able to keep us?

1 Peter 1
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is it who falls away? Some hypothetical man? Who is it who believes in Jesus, is born again, and than falls back into unrebirth?

Is God not able to keep us?

1 Peter 1
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Much love!
We are kept by the power of the Lord through faith.

If someone's faith is nominal, shallow, or lukewarm, it is faith; however, when it is tested it may not stand the test and the person will fall away (Luke 8:13). They will not have faith any more; and thus will not have salvation any more.

For someone who has a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14), it will stand when tested and the person will not fall away. If faith is genuine, living faith, the person cannot fall away, their life is everlasting, they shall not come into condemnation (John 5:24 (kjv)).

So, it depends on what kind of faith you have.

This is why the Lord says the following verses:

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Deu 4:29, But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Jer 29:13, And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And a shallow, nominal, lukewarm faith is saving faith, and results in rebirth?

That doesn't seem right to me.

Much love!
It is not saving faith in that it does not make a person one of God's elect.

But it is faith nevertheless.

So, we have to deal with this scripture:

Eph 2:8, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9, Not of works, lest any man should boast.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not saving faith in that it does not make a person one of God's elect.

But it is faith nevertheless.

So, we have to deal with this scripture:

Eph 2:8, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9, Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Demons believe, and are not saved.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Demons believe, and are not saved.
That would indicate that we are saved by works to a certain extent (because faith doesn't always save).

Because if faith alone doesn't assure us of salvation (because demons also believe) then it is only a faith that has works that will save a man (because the works shew forth that our faith is not the same as that of the demons).

But I would point out that if faith alone does not provide the assurance that we need, we cannot bank on such verses as John 5:24 (kjv). We would have to trust in our works to a certain extent.

But the reality is, that the faith of demons does not save them because they only believe because they see. The reality of God is right there in front of them, 24/7. For they are spiritual beings and they see what we cannot see.

Our faith is a faith that is without sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). Thus it is genuine faith.

Last edited:

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.
29 For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.
30 He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.

Judas left during the supper.

Much love!
:)
Jesus washed his feet

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would indicate that we are saved by works to a certain extent (because faith doesn't always save).
How so?

It would mean to me that demons have a believe about God, but they do not believe in God the way we are speaking of.

Knowing God exists, and relying on Him for life are two very different things.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)
Jesus washed his feet
We should do no less.

Isn't it amazing that Jesus asked for His murderers to be forgiven as they were murdering Him?

I think this really defines how we can live are lives.

To walk in perpetual and continual forgiveness for those around us, never counting their sins against them, just like God does with us!

So as someone is stealing from me, instead of choosing anger and offense, I can choose compasion and love, and try to learn their need so I can help. Or whatever the situation.

We can choose. That's what Jesus choose.

Much love!

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19