How to recognize a real Teacher... Pt 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing as my prayers are always answered, I am already assured I'm pleasing in His sight. Why would I want to try something that I know has failed thousands. I see you have made some wrong assumptions.

Let's see... Are your prayers answered every time you pray? Do you know how to pray according to His will in order for them to be answered?? Do you have that close of a relationship with God?

Yes..... yes.....and Yes....

Reactions: CharismaticLady

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Do you speak in tongues? I thought you didn't believe that the tongues spoken today by Pentecostals was scriptural?
I believe that "signs and wonders" were for the Jews, but that all the spiritual gifts continue until the church is perfected in Christ.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that "signs and wonders" were for the Jews, but that all the spiritual gifts continue until the church is perfected in Christ.

Much love!

I've had a miracle the same as Jesus turning water into wine. Wouldn't you call miracles, signs and wonders. It sure was a wonderful wonder to me!

What would you call a sign and wonder?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what you are experiencing are releases of His Spirit for growth.
Yes, I think there is that. But I also think that God does work in us just as significant, and just as transformative, but that we don't see that work, or think something else is going on, then it blossoms into what we see.

Like my sister having cancer. She was in the process of the disease for some time, but that process was actually the process of learning God's love. And the sudden revelations, and sudden growth, were actually the fruit stage, if you will, of a plant that was growing for some time.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had a miracle the same as Jesus turning water into wine. Wouldn't you call miracles, signs and wonders. It sure was a wonderful wonder to me!

What would you call a sign and wonder?
The same as what the Bible calls signs and wonders, the healings of the 1000's primarily. The multitudes came to Jesus and He healed them all. Cast out demons from all who had them.

Peter walks down the street, and everyone upon whom his shadow falls is healed.

Like that.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I think there is that. But I also think that God does work in us just as significant, and just as transformative, but that we don't see that work, or think something else is going on, then it blossoms into what we see.

Like my sister having cancer. She was in the process of the disease for some time, but that process was actually the process of learning God's love. And the sudden revelations, and sudden growth, were actually the fruit stage, if you will, of a plant that was growing for some time.

Much love!

Was she a Christian at the time? I'm not sure of the timing.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same as what the Bible calls signs and wonders, the healings of the 1000's primarily. The multitudes came to Jesus and He healed them all. Cast out demons from all who had them.

Peter walks down the street, and everyone upon whom his shadow falls is healed.

Like that.

Much love!

On that scale, yes, that would be a wonder. But on a one on one scale, we can cast out demons and heal. But you must know WHO you are in Christ.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again is being baptized into Christ in His death and resurrection. When we die in Him, "the soul that sins shall die", we've died, and all is just as God said. Without Christ, the soul that sins dies, and is dead. But in Christ, we can die, but still live!

Our required death has been exacted, and so there is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.

When Adam ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, all of life changed and became about trying to do good, and not do evil. And that good or evil would be recompensed in kind by God. And all human activity became formed around this way of life.

In Christ, we are removed from the line of Adam, having died, and are now born from God, a new humanity, which is not subject to the laws and principles of the old humanity.

We are not under law, except the law of love in Christ.

When Adam ate, his flesh became corrupted by this knowledge, and instead of simply being innocent before God, now, he judged himself, in the first case, I'm naked! And he hid.

All men hide from God, afraid to come to the light and be seen, as He searches for us with brooms, and lanterns. His creation, whom He created to share His love with, now afraid to come to Him.

We hear the Gospel and believe, and are born again, born from God, a new and holy creature. But the mind needs to be renewed to think the new way.

The Law empowers and incites sin, and living according to law, living as if we make ourselves more or less acceptible to God based on better or worse behavior, this is to live as if we have to control ourselves so that we can be right with God. And we cannot control ourselves.

But the reality is that we are neither more acceptible by doing good, nor less acceptible by doing evil, all is determined not by us, but by Christ.

When we realize that we are not condemned at any time for any thing, as all has been made new, and "it is no longer I that sin, but sin that lives in me", when we realize that we are in fact Fully reconciled to our Creator, Who loves us, then there is no hindrance to trusting in Him No Matter What is happening in my life.

Being free to just be in love with God, and receive His wonderful love for me, this is faith to stand in grace, to live our life in Christ. In Christ is no sin, and this abiding in Christ gives us righteousness in our lives. If we do sin, we don't need to dwell on it. God isn't. Why should we? God's not concerned. He has the answer in His discipling of us. He will sanctify me. It's His work to do, that's what the Bible says.

If I do sin, Jesus cleanses me, advocates for me. Sin is no longer my problem. Not that I never commit sin. I mean, I don't, that is, the new creation doesn't. But if I falter in my faith, forgetting to live in God's love, the old creation may do his thing, and that's never good.

But with all that being said, having a mind focused on God, His presence here with me, His unfailing and unending love for me, that there is no hindrance of any kind, other than my disbelief, having this mind, knowing His peace, and joy, this is being empowered by the Holy Spirit in the new man, and this is not where sin comes from.

This is the freedom in Christ, where the abundant life simply grows in us, in love and joy and peace and patience and the rest.

Much love!
Coming back to this now that I has the time to properly address it.

Honestly, I see you and everyone else here pretty much arguing the same point, but using different words/definitions as you do so, causing people to talk past each other.

Ok, that was actually really short.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming back to this now that I has the time to properly address it.

Honestly, I see you and everyone else here pretty much arguing the same point, but using different words/definitions as you do so, causing people to talk past each other.

Ok, that was actually really short.
I think the key difference of opinion is whether or not godly works are a necessary ingredient to salvation. On the one hand, I assert that when we believe God, He gives us righteousness, and rebirth, settling once and for all our right relationship with Him.

Others assert that if we don't continue in our faith with works, then we may lose that righteousness, and new life in Christ.

I believe that this knowing that nothing will ever condemn me again is what actually releases me from sinning, but that trying to not sin so that we will maintain our right relationship with God is actually what takes us out of grace, and empowers that sin we go on to fight against.

Much love!

PS . . .

and did chuckle to myself for about how I should specified a pithy response.

This has remained the high point of my day! Love it!!

:)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that this knowing that nothing will ever condemn me again is what actually releases me from sinning, but that trying to not sin so that we will maintain our right relationship with God is actually what takes us out of grace, and empowers that sin we go on to fight against.

Are you assuming we still have a sin nature to battle? BTW our righteousness is ours. It is because He is in us causing us to have no desire to sin, but 1 John 3:7 says "Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

I emphasize this because there are some who teach that the righteousness of Jesus covers us while we commit sin underneath. That is such a heresy it makes me sick!

As far as good works, our new nature wants to help those we see who need help. We don't do it to stay saved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the key difference of opinion is whether or not godly works are a necessary ingredient to salvation.
I find that entire discussion to be sematic difference and people just talking past each other. Everyone agrees that we don't earn our way to heaven, and everyone agrees that a disciple of Christ should be doing the things He said.
Others assert that if we don't continue in our faith with works, then we may lose that righteousness, and new life in Christ.

OSAS is a different discussion.
This has remained the high point of my day! Love it!!
:)
I'm glad. Honestly I've had a really frustrating day, so hear you say that was a good feeling.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 4:5-8 teaches us that we are justified by faith, regardless of our performance.

Iow, our sins are covered.

You have a new identity in Christ; God has declared you to be righteous even when you are ungodly.

Now, go and live like your new identity (not the old).

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I emphasize this because there are some who teach that the righteousness of Jesus covers us while we commit sin underneath. That is such a heresy it makes me sick!

Grace sure isn’t fair, is it......especially that part where Jesus says that “ Where Sin Abounds, Grace abounds that much more”
It is The Shed Blood Of Christ and our total Faith in That ALONE that saves us.....If one thinks they can take God's Grace and “ Sin and Get Away With It” , God will not hesitate to take any of His Children to the “ WoodShed”......That is the place where Foolish and Ignorant Saved Believers go to get their Attitudes Adjusted. For their OWN GOOD.
Salvation was a Gift to all that come to God with Faith in Jesus to wash away their Sins.God’s Gifts are Without recall— that means Salvation for all those that received that Gift are forever safe and secure in their Salvation...Both “The Wise Obedient” and the “Foolish Disobedient” will be in Heaven.....Saved by FAITH — NOT Behavior .....Foolish Believers will just have more welts on their butts from their trips to that “ WoodShed” .....Abusing the Grace and Freedom That our Loving Father was able to provide to us because of the Terrible Price Jesus had to pay at the Cross is something God is not going to “ wink” at......If you don’t Believe me, go ahead and see if you can sin and get by with it....Let me no know how it goes!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you assuming we still have a sin nature to battle?
That is NOT an assumption but a biblical fact. The sin nature is not eradicated upon conversion, therefore the apostles exhort Christians to crucify the flesh (the sin nature). If there was no flesh, there would be no need to crucify it.
This reveals that you know nothing about justification by grace through faith, and are also falsely accusing others of teaching people that they can go on sinning after they are converted.
As far as good works, our new nature wants to help those we see who need help. We don't do it to stay saved.
Since you got this correctly, how come you have such a poor understanding of salvation by grace through faith, and also claim to be sinlessly perfect?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace sure isn’t fair, is it......especially that part where Jesus says that “ Where Sin Abounds, Grace abounds that much more”
It is The Shed Blood Of Christ and our total Faith in That ALONE that saves us.....If one thinks they can take God's Grace and “ Sin and Get Away With It” , God will not hesitate to take any of His Children to the “ WoodShed”......That is the place where Foolish and Ignorant Saved Believers go to get their Attitudes Adjusted. For their OWN GOOD.
Salvation was a Gift to all that come to God with Faith in Jesus to wash away their Sins.God’s Gifts are Without recall— that means Salvation for all those that received that Gift are forever safe and secure in their Salvation...Both “The Wise Obedient” and the “Foolish Disobedient” will be in Heaven.....Saved by FAITH — NOT Behavior .....Foolish Believers will just have more welts on their butts from their trips to that “ WoodShed” .....Abusing the Grace and Freedom That our Loving Father was able to provide to us because of the Terrible Price Jesus had to pay at the Cross is something God is not going to “ wink” at......If you don’t Believe me, go ahead and see if you can sin and get by with it....Let me no know how it goes!

I guess we'll just have to disagree. Where does it say that the disobedient sinner will be in heaven? I don't see it, so I just won't sin.

And Grace is fair, unless you believe the definition of unmerited favor - Not! Grace is the divine power of God given to us who have repented to become like Christ. 2 Peter 1:2-4. Seeing as Christ never sinned, and His Spirit is in me, then I have the power to not sin either. 1 John 3:9