How to resurrect the spirit of Jezebel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to resurrect the spirit of Jezebel

1. Develop a doctrine
2. Turn the doctrine into an absolute truth
3. Consider those not agreeing with your doctrine as 'heretical.'
4. Enforce your doctrine with violence

And going through the church ages...

1. Ephesus - Apostolic
2. Smyrna - Began with Nero. Foxes lists the persecutions as ten
3. Pergamos - Orthodox - A pyrgos is a tower, needed in the dark ages.
4. Thyatira - The Roman Catholic Church
5. Sardis - Protestant - A sardius is a gem - hard (shelled) and beautiful.
6. Philadelphia - Began with the ana-Baptists - heavily persecuted during the 16th century and into the 17th by both Magisterial Protestants and Roman Catholics. Continued with the Moravian and Methodist church.
7. Laodicea - I find traces of this church as early as DL Moody in the 1800's, Who angered the English with rumors of profits made from hymn book sales.

The Thyaritian and Sardisian churches were the worst for nurturing the old woman Jezebel in their time. All of which were paid for with the blood of a many Philadelphian martyr. Which is why I think the separation of church and state a good idea. When church organizations get to big it is normally downhill from there.

I had some guy at work toying around with Mormanism. I told him that demons did not have the ability to come to this earth and create other races. Satan has no ability at all, he was stripped of it when he left his first domain. Satan only has a mouth and hands to do mischief as we humans give it to him. Therefore it is the will of Satan to enter into church leaders so he has an avenue to do evil.

I use to help with youth camp years ago. I have been long aware at mischief coming through church people. I told a brother one day that I was worried about the operations of the devil through church people. Ohh... He says... The devil cannot go against the blood... And his contention was so great that he reported me over it.

Years later, at camp meeting, that brother came to me and personally apologized. I graciously accepted, but deep down, wondered what trials the poor man went through to come to the same conclusion, that yes, the devil can operate through church people and that it is a sad truth.