How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who in FAITHFUL continuance do what is right......will be accepted by God. Not apart from FAITH in Him. If anyone is to be saved, He WILL reveal Jesus and the gospel to them, one way or another. In Acts, I think it was, it talks about Paul preaching and all those who were ordained to eternal life were saved, but not the rest.

Oh dear, I didn't know you believed that about idolaters. At one time God winked at sin, so to speak, but now He commands all men everywhere to REPENT.....and the bible says there is only one way to be reconciled to the Father. There is no one good but God....the flesh profits nothing.
You catch yourself in quicksand judging unbelievers. That’s why we are warned not to do it.

So much for me leaving the thread…pff

Reactions: Episkopos

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You catch yourself in quicksand judging unbelievers. That’s why we are warned not to do it.

So much for me leaving the thread…pff
It's not me judging. We are called to love. I was once lost too. I have loved ones who are not saved and I don't judge them either, my heart breaks for them. My desire is for the lost to be saved.

It's all over the bible sister. There is NONE that doeth good. We all like sheep have gone astray, EVERYONE has turned to his OWN WAY. Jews and Gentiles alike are under sin...there is NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO NOT ONE. There is NONE THAT DOETH GOOD, NO NOT ONE. It's not me making that judgment, it is God's word. Those that say otherwise are contradicting what GOD says. Don't know what bible some folks are reading around here....they must think they know better than God, my oh my.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are several definitions of righteousness,

One definition is from dikaiosune- is the character or quality of being right or just, formerly spelt rightwiseness.

Like righteousness of God, Romans 3:5 which shows that the “righteous of God means essentially the same as his faithfulness or truthfulness, that which is consistent with his own nature and promises Romans three versus 25 through 26 speaks of his righteousness has exhibited in the death of Christ, which is sufficient to show man that God is neither indifferent to sin, nor regards it lightly. On the contrary, it demonstrates the quality of holiness in him, which must find expression in his condemnation of sin.

Diakaiosune - is found in the sayings of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Part A of whatever is right or just in itself whatever conforms to the revealed Will of God Matthew chapter 5 verse six verse 10, verse 20 John chapter 16, verse eight verse 10

part B whatever has been appointed by God to be acknowledged and obeyed by man Matthew chapter 3 verse 15, Matthew chapter 21 verse 32.

Part C, the sum total of the requirements of God, Matthew chapter 6 verse 33

Part D religious duties Matthew chapter 6 verse one distinguished as almsgiving man’s duty to his neighbor, prayer his duty to God fasting the duty of self control.

In the preaching of the apostles recorded and asked the word has the same general meaning so also in James chapter 1 verse 20 James chapter 3, verse 18, in both epistles of peter first John, in revelation in second Peter 11 the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ is dealing of God with sin, and with sinners on the grounds of the death of Christ.’ Word of righteousness’ Hebrews 513 is probably the gospel in the Scriptures, as containing the gospel where in is declared the righteousness of God in all its aspects.

This meaning of dikaiosune, right action is frequent. Also in Paul’s writings, as in all five of his and currencies in Romans, chapter 6 Ephesians 614 etc. But for the most part, he uses it of that gracious gift of God to men where about all who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ are brought into right relationship with God. This righteousness is unattainable by obedience to any law, or buy any man of man’s own, or any other condition than that of faith in Christ... The man who trust in Christ becomes the righteousness of God in him second Corinthians chapter 5, verse 21 becomes in Christ, all that God requires a man to be all that he could never be in himself. because Abraham accepted the word of God, making it his own by the act of the man in spirit, which is called faith, and as a sequel showed, submitting himself to its control, their forgot, excepted him as one who fulfilled the whole of his requirements Romans chapter 4, verse three….

Righteousness is not said to be imputed to a believer save in the sense that faith is imputed or reckoned is a better word for righteousness. It is clear that in Romans chapter 4, verse six, and verse 11 righteousness reckoned must be understood in the light of the context, faith reckoned for righteousness verse three verse five verse nine, verse 22. Four in these places are EIS. Which does not mean instead of, but with a view to. The faith does exercise, brings the soul into vital union with God in Christ, and inevitably produce his righteousness of life that is conformity to the will of God.

2. Dikaioma - is the concrete expression of righteousness, walking upright, straightness, Hebrews chapter 1, verse eight.

Than you have righteous ,

Diakaios - signifies, just without prejudice, or partiality of the judgment of God second Thessalonians, chapter 1, verse five through six. Of his judgments, Revelation, 16, seven 19:21; of his character as judge second Timothy, chapter 4, verse eight revelation, chapter 16, verse five. Of his ways and doings revelation chapter 15, verse three.

In the following the revised version, substitute righteousness for the King James Version just in Matthew chapter 1 verse 19 chapter 13, verse 49, chapter 27, verse 19 verse 24. Mark chapter 620 Luke chapter 2, verse 25, chapter 15, seven chapter 20 verse 20 chapter 23, verse 50 John chapter 5 verse 30, 314 7,52, 1022, 22,14. Romans chapter 1 verse 17 chapter 7 verse 12. Galatians chapter 3, verse 11. Hebrews 1038 James chapter 5 verse 6/1 Peter 318 second Peter 27 first John 19 revelation 15 three.

Dikaios - translated righteously in first Corinthians 1534 awake to righteousness in first Thessalonians chapter 2, verse 10 meaning justly Titus chapter 2, verse 12, first, Peter, 223.

In revelation 22, verse 11 the best text have righteousness with to do let him do righteousness, the king James version follows those which have the passive voice of dikaioo, and renders it let him be righteous, literally let him be made righteous. 2 righteous judgment. , Romans 2:5.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who in FAITHFUL continuance do what is right......will be accepted by God. Not apart from FAITH in Him.
He is not a respecter of persons. In every nation the one who fears Him and does what is right is acceptable to Him.
Caring about your neighbor at least as much as you care about yourself is acceptable to Him. And it is doing what is right.

There is no partiality with God. For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; 13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the Law who will be justified.14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law instinctively perform the requirementsof the Law, these, though not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of mankind through Christ Jesus.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me, that people should be aware that when it comes to being born again, many people will show by their actions and in what they say that resides in their heart to you. You should be able to understand, and acknowledge what is being said; whether it something that might hurt someone, when communing with others, asking God to help you by the spirit to not only helps those who may hurt others, but who are broken and lost. It’s all about the heart and that is what God is going to judge us all for at the end of life, and how we decide to treat others as you said in your video @Episkopos; though people may have people who count on a family member an family some do not. There are many people who are lost and are in need of the truth about God and to have new spiritual life in the Lord Jesus Christ in his gospel of death, burial, and resurrection. And the resurrection is one of the most crucial parts of the Gospel it is what brings forth the mindset, from earth to spiritual.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those who in FAITHFUL continuance do what is right......will be accepted by God. Not apart from FAITH in Him. If anyone is to be saved, He WILL reveal Jesus and the gospel to them, one way or another. In Acts, I think it was, it talks about Paul preaching and all those who were ordained to eternal life were saved, but not the rest.

Oh dear, I didn't know you believed that about idolaters. At one time God winked at sin, so to speak, but now He commands all men everywhere to REPENT.....and the bible says there is only one way to be reconciled to the Father. There is no one good but God....the flesh profits nothing.
Imagine a little girl in Bangladesh, her parents are Hindu. To honour her parents, she does whatever Hindus do. She lives a poor life and dies in poverty in a drought.

God in His mercy sees the girl...a girl who suffered her whole life and died of hunger.

Will He not now feed her for eternity.??? Remember Zaccheus who lived in poverty outside the gates of the rich man?

Would you, in your mercy consign that little girl to hell because she didn't go to church? She didn't hear the gospel...at 9 years old?

God has mercy on the merciful. The religious (idolators) He casts away.

So what's it gonna be?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The inclusivians , the soliders of false peace , false love , false unity have come in to destroy from within .
WE GOTTA CONTEND for the TRUE FAITH NOW , or it will TAKE THIS SITE CAPTIVE TO A LIE .
The lies are religious lies that go against the character of God. Every religion has its fanatics who condemn all others than themselves.

But God is the God of ALL flesh. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world.

All we see here is who has a merciful heart and who is religious and hateful towards others. The bible supports having mercy on the merciful. Salvation for the poor and afflicted. God is a Father.

But for proof of this PAY ATTENTION to what the bible says....

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Tim. 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

"Specially (especially)
", in the above verse, is not exclusive...it is mercy on WHOMSOEVER .....He wills...not you wills.

So will you all reproach me for the truth because God is more merciful than ya'll?

Is it...for God so loved the church?...or God so loved the world?

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not me judging. We are called to love. I was once lost too. I have loved ones who are not saved and I don't judge them either, my heart breaks for them. My desire is for the lost to be saved.

It's all over the bible sister. There is NONE that doeth good. We all like sheep have gone astray, EVERYONE has turned to his OWN WAY. Jews and Gentiles alike are under sin...there is NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO NOT ONE. There is NONE THAT DOETH GOOD, NO NOT ONE. It's not me making that judgment, it is God's word. Those that say otherwise are contradicting what GOD says. Don't know what bible some folks are reading around here....they must think they know better than God, my oh my.
What part of "Jesus died for the sins of the whole world" are you having trouble with? Why must you be the one who decides who God will have mercy on?

The New Covenant is about the higher walk....to walk as Jesus walked...without sin. Those who judge the world will be held to THAT perfect standard. If you judge, then you will be judged.

If He calls one person to the higher walk and not another....what is that to you? Stop being religious. Stop judging those who are outside the church.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The inclusivians , the soliders of false peace , false love , false unity have come in to destroy from within .
WE GOTTA CONTEND for the TRUE FAITH NOW , or it will TAKE THIS SITE CAPTIVE TO A LIE .
Acts 20:28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interesting verse by Paul

For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is very wise. Do you really think He lets rich Western people get away with their priviledges...their judgmentalism towards those who are less fortunate than themselves...be they of another race, social status, religion....etc.

Many bigots and judgmental people have entered into the church. Should these be molly-coddled...or challenged?

A bigot doesn't see himself/herself that way. Their idea of themselves is idealized. It's always the other that has the ugly traits.

How deep does our understanding of God go in the modern church? It's like someone called out "to the lifeboats" and all the rich people crammed in and kicked out the poor and down-trodden...to save themselves.

But bless the Lord...He will sort things out! Those who seek to save their lives...will lose them.

It's God praisin' time!

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What part of "Jesus died for the sins of the whole world" are you having trouble with? Why must you be the one who decides who God will have mercy on?

The New Covenant is about the higher walk....to walk as Jesus walked...without sin. Those who judge the world will be held to THAT perfect standard. If you judge, then you will be judged.

If He calls one person to the higher walk and not another....what is that to you? Stop being religious. Stop judging those who are outside the church.
again, Why would you say someone else is having trouble with something when you do?

The new covenant is all about the cross. The Old covenant was about the walk. If you walk. Then I will….If you do not walk. Then I will.

It was about the law. And everyone confirming that they would confirm and obey every letter of the law.. Ie, the highest walk. Which no one could fulfill. Until the son of Man cam and he himself fulfilled the law.

The higher walk you talk about is religion. It is God look at me. See what I did..or I am doing

Here again, you call someone religious..when it is you who is religious. Why do you like to confuse things?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Tim. 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Very good scripture references.

But how do we reconcile them with this verse:

“He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” (John 3:18)

?

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
again, Why would you say someone else is having trouble with something when you do?

The new covenant is all about the cross. The Old covenant was about the walk. If you walk. Then I will….If you do not walk. Then I will.

It was about the law. And everyone confirming that they would confirm and obey every letter of the law.. Ie, the highest walk. Which no one could fulfill. Until the son of Man cam and he himself fulfilled the law.

The higher walk you talk about is religion. It is God look at me. See what I did..or I am doing

Here again, you call someone religious..when it is you who is religious. Why do you like to confuse things?
You are seeing things upside down...from a rich Western religious mindset....a carnal mindset. It just so happens that you mention Jesus and the cross in it...without any idea of either. Even if I presented you ALL day, with verse after verse that proves your opinions about God wrong...you would still not see it. That's because of a delusion that is so strong...the blindness is complete.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lies are religious lies that go against the character of God. Every religion has its fanatics who condemn all others than themselves.

All we see here is who has a merciful heart and who is religious and hateful towards others. The bible supports having mercy on the merciful. Salvation for the poor and afflicted. God is a Father.

"Specially (especially)
", in the above verse, is not exclusive...it is mercy on WHOMSOEVER .....He wills...not you wills.

So will you all reproach me for the truth because God is more merciful than ya'll?

Thats rather odd indeed . cause the GOD of the bible sure seemed to have a problem with any other gods
being embraced or worshipped . Jesus even told the very jews, who did not believe on HIM , they were of
their father the devil . Only ONE GOD and only ONE WAY to GOD . And i make zero apologies for saying so .
THEY must BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS . GOD wont be sharing his glory with budda , atheism , muhammed
hindu or whateverism . ONE WAY to GOD . BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS .
Let there be and may there be an ice cold day in the lake of fire , long for i say otherwise .
You got your false love god to point too , I HAVE THE ONE TRUE GOD to point too .
FOR GOD so loved the world that HE sent His only begotten SON
that whosoever believes would be saved , Whoever believes not will be damned .
The LOVE that cometh from the one and only GOD points to the SON
but the love that cometh of the dragon says , ALAS all is well god is love , ya aint gotta believe in just one path
That aint love pard , satan dont love , he desires death for all so he created another god in his own image
spoke another love and another gospel so as the world can be damned right along with HIM .
WE BESS preach JESUS and stop believing the ol dragon whose road to GOD sure is BROAD if ya know what i mean .
The road to satans version of heaven and eternal life is ALL INCLUSIVE . but the ROAD to GOD is found in CHRIST ALONE .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

“He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” (John 3:18)

?
Good question. The "believes not" is a negative to something positive...or a REFUSAL to believe. If God condemns all who don't go to church....then if He's merciful...why doesn't every person get a chance of salvation at a Jesus revival?

My example of the little Hindu girl is about those who never get the chance to believe in a higher covenant...but instead follow the commandments of God to obey their parents. Is it wrong to honour one's parents? Would the little girl be better off to have consigned her parents to hell (as many would seem to want to do here)?

To whom much is given, more is required. To whom little is given less is required. God desires mercy..and He won't find it in many places including churches. It's funny how mercy is always taken for the ego (the self).... but rarely if ever passed on. I guess its about looking out for number 1...the ego. But the cross of Christ crucifies that...thus liberating the soul to embrace God and HIS ways.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

?
you cant . It will be even worse for those who denied Christ on the day of judgment
than it was for sodom and others . That is a fact too . We need to STICK to the one and only
life saving and life changing gospel . cause while the path to destruction is very all inclusive and has many paths
THE WAY TO GOD is narrow . HIS NAME , JESUS CHRIST . Lets preach that gospel
and let us also remember what paul said , IF even WE ourselves , or an angel preaches ANY OTHER gospel unto you
than that which ye had recieved , let him be accursed .
OR what john said . IF one comes and brings NOT this doctrine , the gospel , Let him not into your house
dont even bid them god speed . WE supposed to correct those whose belief does not align with THE GOSPEL .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. The "believes not" is a negative to something positive...or a REFUSAL to believe. If God condemns all who don't go to church....then if He's merciful...why doesn't every person get a chance of salvation at a Jesus revival?

My example of the little Hindu girl is about those who never get the chance to believe in a higher covenant...but instead follow the commandments of God to obey their parents. Is it wrong to honour one's parents? Would the little girl be better off to have consigned her parents to hell (as many would seem to want to do here)?

To whom much is given, more is required. To whom little is given less is required.
JESUS said HE would not even return TILL the gospel had been preached to all the nations .
You would be amazed at how many muslims , buddists , atheiest , peoples , have heard the gospel
and yet STILL reject it . THOSE will be damned .
As far as those who have not yet heard it , I SUGGEST we preach it . GOD knows who has heard and who has not
And the gospel will be sounded out to all before JESUS does return .
My advice is focus on what we do know and stop trying to do the work of darkness . If you are so concerned about
the lost , go preach JESUS and not this all inclusive lie you seem to be so wrapped up with .
I dont think you are worried at all about the lost souls , cause you believe , AS YOU WELL said earlier
OH if they just did some good they gonna inherit the earth no matter what they beleived
Lets not be afraid to say what we really believe . i seen too many inclusivists and i know how they operate .
They come in as though they are of us , but they really come to plant doubts . WONT work on a lamb .
Preach JESUS or remain silent , but dont preach another gospel what ever ya do .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thats rather odd indeed . cause the GOD of the bible sure seemed to have a problem with any other gods
being embraced or worshipped .

By His people yes. And the bible says that He winked at in times past...as Paul tells the Greeks. So much for an overbearing unmerciful God that you seem to believe in.
Jesus even told the very jews, who did not believe on HIM , they were of
their father the devil .

Yes, they were the religious ones of their time...just like the ones who say Lord Lord and are lawless in our time.
Only ONE GOD and only ONE WAY to GOD . And i make zero apologies for saying so .
THEY must BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS . GOD wont be sharing his glory with budda , atheism , muhammed
hindu or whateverism . ONE WAY to GOD . BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS .

To have eternal life yes.... there is no other way to the Father than through Christ.

Do you walk like Jesus walked? Have you entered into the New Covenant walk in resurrection life...above sin? Do you experience eternal life...right now. Are you walking in Zion...seeing into theaven with an eternal consciousness. Do you believe in the power of the gospel to save people from the power of sin?
Let there be and may there be an ice cold day in the lake of fire , long for i say otherwise .
You got your false love god to point too , I HAVE THE ONE TRUE GOD to point too .

let God show you His ways...or let you find out when you finally meet Him.
FOR GOD so loved the world that HE sent His only begotten SON
that whosoever believes would be saved ,

Did you say "the church" or "the world"?

Whoever believes not will be damned .
Inheriting life yes...but to what end?
The LOVE that cometh from the one and only GOD points to the SON
but the love that cometh of the dragon says , ALAS all is well god is love , ya aint gotta believe in just one path

And then religious smugness sets in...and supposed servants of God begin to beat the poor and defenseless.
That aint love pard , satan dont love , he desires death for all so he created another god in his own image
spoke another love and another gospel so as the world can be damned right along with HIM .
WE BESS preach JESUS and stop believing the ol dragon whose road to GOD sure is BROAD if ya know what i mean .
The road to satans version of heaven and eternal life is ALL INCLUSIVE . but the ROAD to GOD is found in CHRIST ALONE .
So then get on the road to holiness and have FAITH so that you can receive grace to walk as Jesus walked. Do it brother...and stop judging others. Do it....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Specially (especially)

You call JESUS a fanatic . He said its my way or else .
HE who is not WITH ME is Against me and he who is against me SHALL SCATTER .
You sound just like a social gospel warrior .

Status
Not open for further replies.