How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
depends on their age . GOD knows their heart . Some of us have already answered that . But you are OF AGE .
You , I KNOW are of age . Worry about YOU , GOD has them . You worry about you
and what you are teaching which opposes the very words of GOD and of Christ . yea i say WORRY BOUT you .
So then when a child who is not a Baptist or pentecostal...turns a certain age...the next moment they go to hell?

Please explain....

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The topic was changed when you brought up what YOU did about the other religions .
If you dont like the responses , dont bring in the lies . You determined the course of this
when you brought in the lie . I truly do desire good for you . but lies i shall expose .
I'm speaking about the righteous walk. Go back over the thread. If someone wants to condemn those outside the church..I challenge that...as I should. I'm not saying that all who are outside the church will be saved. But some here seem to think it is the church that saves...and not God's mercy.

Did you listen to the video? Are you coming here in honesty...or to mudsling? My purpose is to help what OBVIOUSLY needs a LOT of help...getting the religious ...saving them from their fate.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This shows that God does not automatically condemn people

Well, not “people” @Episkopos , but children in their years of innocence (and I would extend that to the mentally disabled adults who aren’t that way as a result of demon possession).

But:

“…The Lord knoweth them that are his…” (2 Timothy 2:19)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:30
Verse Concepts
But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

Romans 1:17
Verse Concepts
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “But the righteous man shall live by faith.”

2 Corinthians 5:21
Verse Concepts
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Jeremiah 23:5
Verse Concepts
“Behold, the days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch;
And He will reign as king and act wisely
And do justice and righteousness in the land.

Jeremiah 33:15
Verse Concepts
In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch of David to spring forth; and He shall execute justice and righteousness on the earth.

Jeremiah 23:6
Verse Concepts
“In His days Judah will be saved,
And Israel will dwell securely;
And this is His name by which He will be called,
‘The Lord our righteousness.’

Jeremiah 33:16
Verse Concepts
In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will dwell in safety; and this is the name by which she will be called: the Lord is our righteousness.’

Hebrews 7:2
Verse Concepts
to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace.

Psalm 5:8
Verse Concepts
O Lord, lead me in Your righteousness because of my foes;
Make Your way straight before me.

Matthew 6:33
Verse Concepts
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Matthew 12:18
Verse Concepts
“Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen;
My Beloved in whom My soul is well-pleased;
I will put My Spirit upon Him,
And He shall proclaim justice to the Gentiles.

Source: 11 Bible verses about Christ Our Righteousness

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Whoever pursues righteousness and lovefinds life, prosperity and honor.
    Proverbs 21:21lovelife
  • God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”
    Romans 2:6reward
  • But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.
    1 Timothy 6:11faithlove
  • For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed; the offspring of the wicked will perish.
    Psalm 37:28eternal lifereliabilityfaithfulness
  • Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
    Galatians 6:7Godharvest
  • A person may think their own ways are right, but the Lord weighs the heart.
    Proverbs 21:2judgmentunderstandingthoughts
  • But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Matthew 6:33foodkingdom
  • Surely the righteous will never be shaken;they will be remembered forever.
    Psalm 112:6
  • To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.
    Proverbs 21:3honestysacrifice
  • The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,and his ears are attentive to their cry.
    Psalm 34:15listening
  • But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.”
    1 Peter 3:14sufferingfear
  • Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
    Galatians 6:9rewardpatienceharvest
  • Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.
    1 Thessalonians 5:15blamelessevil
  • God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
    2 Corinthians 5:21sinmediator
  • Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
    Philippians 4:8truththoughtspraise
  • For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.
    Titus 2:11-12gracesalvationworld
  • Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
    James 3:18peaceharvestfruitfulness
  • Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers.
    Psalm 1:1sinblessing
  • Ill-gotten treasures have no lasting value,but righteousness delivers from death.
    Proverbs 10:2honesty
  • Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.
    Psalm 37:5-6trustlifelight
  • A wicked person earns deceptive wages,but the one who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.

Reactions: Episkopos

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word of God is what helps, man those scriptures are very good and useful to the topic at hand.

The more I see am I ever so reminded of us to remain humble before God and each other.

Last few

• Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
    Matthew 5:6blessingreceivingfood
  • And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.
    Luke 6:33reward
  • I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
    Psalm 119:10lawheart
  • It is a trap to dedicate something rashly and only later to consider one’s vows.
    Proverbs 20:25

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this going on in here is why I think it is of vital importance to understand the outer darkness and that it’s a thousand year purgatorial place and a place of either more, or less, stripes. More for those who knew and didnt and more for those who said they could see when they couldn’t and so brought harm to others. And less stripes for some others. Five of the virgins were refused entrance to the wedding feast and were cast to the outer darkness. This is the wedding feast. It’s before the final judgement. It doesn’t guarantee against the lake of fire in the end but neither does it guarantee the lake of fire.

If I’m not at least on the right track here, then explain how it will be more tolerable at judgement for Sodom and for tyre. If two men are cast into the lake of fire, how is it more tolerable for one than for the other.?
21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This bears repeating...

The context of "filthy rags" righteousness is NOT a statement that destroys human righteousness...it is an admission of guilt about what certain people were doing. What OT people could compare with was a true human righteousness compared with a false human righteousness. All within the power of the flesh. Whether it was coming from the outer man or the inner man.

No one was comparing God's righteousness with a human righteousness at that point. It was comparing what WE do with what is possible to do. Jesus didn't come to call the righteous to repentance...but sinners.

Notice this...

Is. 64:5 Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.

6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

What Isaiah is saying is that God accepts the righteous...but iniquity gets in the way when people assume they are righteous, when in fact they are not.

Peter finally understood this when he said...

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and
worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Epi, I think you really struck out on this subject. Let me explain it in brief, if I can..

Isaiah 65:1-5...the context and background.

Isaiah the prophet is weighing in and pleading with God on behalf of the remnant of God, his people. Please still save us despite our iniquities and works of true/false human unrighteousness!!

He wanted God to remember when 'they' (their fathers) worked righteousness with joy/rejoiced when God accepted and were pleased with them. They knew of your mercies towards them. And now we do unrighteousness or self-righteous acts disapproved by God. He wants God's wrath to cease upon his people.

He hopes that God will reconsider and remember (give them mercy) as he pleads with him that the people are still HIS clay, and he is the potter. It is God they serve and do works for and not apart from you. And we admit (yes in guilt) that form our will and in our power we produced dirt rags of human works of self-righteousness. We will and do your will and commands. Now please save us from your wrath.

You showed favor toward our fathers, when they trusted in you and walked after your commandments and thus worked righteousness. Now please have pity and mercy on us.

God NEVER accepted(s) human powered willed versions of (self) righteousness ever and Peter would agree as he said and mean something quite different from what you took away. It also kills two birds with one stone and reveals your same err of what you think fear of God means.

(Act 10:35) but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.(ESV)
(Act 10:35) God is pleased with everyone who worships him and does right, no matter what nation they come from. (CEV)
(Acts 10:35) Rather, whoever respects God and does what is right is acceptable to him in any nation.(GW)
(Acts 10:35) It makes no difference what race of people one belongs to. If they show deep reverence for God, and are committed to doing what’s right, they are acceptable before him. (TPT)
(Acts 10:35) but in every nation the man who reveres God and practices doing right is acceptable to Him. (Williams)

Peter already knew that a genuine believer does the will of the Father and does righteousness (verse 35) I do not believe it was a sudden revelation to him, as you said he finally realized.....

BL: Simply put ALL human righteousness are always still 'filthy rags' if not accepted and pleasing to God. It destroys human righteousness in the context of Isaiah, apart or not sanctified by God, whether one is under the OC/Law or NC/Grace for that matter.

".....true human righteousness compared with a false human righteousness..." what doe this REALLY mean?

Only genuine believers who worship or have a highly respectful reverence (fear, as of one's human father) for God are acceptable and pleasing to him and do righteous work as they walk in the Kingdom, in Christ every day. Their righteousness is a spiritual activity by 'their hands,' of how they live/walk and their holiness reflects on their character in Christ. Becoming more Christlike.

No sinner, unbeliever, imposter or false teacher does righteousness, ever. They works are always 'dirty rags': human righteousness by their own will and works and not by the will and of the Spirit of God.

And then there are a couple of a few dozen stand-outs I remember off your video:

And we NEVER establish ourselves in righteousness as you said. I believe if we do, we are making more dirty rags....

And repentance is NOT an act of righteousness,, as you favor it is such an act. It is a turn to, for the first time, or a return back to righteousness as a new or maturing believer walking in Christ.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then when a child who is not a Baptist or pentecostal...turns a certain age...the next moment they go to hell?

Please explain....
GOD is going to have that person hear the gospel . Everyone had a chance . JESUS said He would not
return to THE GOSPLE was preached to ALL nations . SO my advice to you is
PREACH the GOSPEL , not the all inclusive lie . Many will reject it , but they at least had a chance to HEAR IT .
And since you , nor i , nor anyone knows who will or wont recieve it , WE need ONLY preach it .
You overthink way too much . GOD is in control . the gospel will be preached and those who recieve it AMEN
those who reject it WILL be damned .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epi, I think you really struck out on this subject. Let me explain it in brief, if I can..

Isaiah 65:1-5...the context and background.

Isaiah the prophet is weighing in and pleading with God on behalf of the remnant of God, his people. Please still save us despite our iniquities and works of true/false human unrighteousness!!

He wanted God to remember when 'they' (their fathers) worked righteousness with joy/rejoiced when God accepted and were pleased with them. They knew of your mercies towards them. And now we do unrighteousness or self-righteous acts disapproved by God. He wants God's wrath to cease upon his people.

He hopes that God will reconsider and remember (give them mercy) as he pleads with him that the people are still HIS clay, and he is the potter. It is God they serve and do works for and not apart from you. And we admit (yes in guilt) that form our will and in our power we produced dirt rags of human works of self-righteousness. We will and do your will and commands. Now please save us from your wrath.

You showed favor toward our fathers, when they trusted in you and walked after your commandments and thus worked righteousness. Now please have pity and mercy on us.

God NEVER accepted(s) human powered willed versions of (self) righteousness ever and Peter would agree as he said and mean something quite different from what you took away. It also kills two birds with one stone and reveals your same err of what you think fear of God means.

(Act 10:35) but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.(ESV)
(Act 10:35) God is pleased with everyone who worships him and does right, no matter what nation they come from. (CEV)
(Acts 10:35) Rather, whoever respects God and does what is right is acceptable to him in any nation.(GW)
(Acts 10:35) It makes no difference what race of people one belongs to. If they show deep reverence for God, and are committed to doing what’s right, they are acceptable before him. (TPT)
(Acts 10:35) but in every nation the man who reveres God and practices doing right is acceptable to Him. (Williams)

Peter already knew that a genuine believer does the will of the Father and does righteousness (verse 35) I do not believe it was a sudden revelation to him, as you said he finally realized.....

BL: Simply put ALL human righteousness are always still 'filthy rags' if not accepted and pleasing to God. It destroys human righteousness in the context of Isaiah, apart or not sanctified by God, whether one is under the OC/Law or NC/Grace for that matter.

".....true human righteousness compared with a false human righteousness..." what doe this REALLY mean?

Only genuine believers who worship or have a highly respectful reverence (fear, as of one's human father) for God are acceptable and pleasing to him and do righteous work as they walk in the Kingdom, in Christ every day. Their righteousness is a spiritual activity by 'their hands,' of how they live/walk and their holiness reflects on their character in Christ. Becoming more Christlike.

No sinner, unbeliever, imposter or false teacher does righteousness, ever. They works are always 'dirty rags': human righteousness by their own will and works and not by the will and of the Spirit of God.

And then there are a couple of a few dozen stand-outs I remember off your video:

And we NEVER establish ourselves in righteousness as you said. I believe if we do, we are making more dirty rags....

And repentance is NOT an act of righteousness,, as you favor it is such an act. It is a turn to, for the first time, or a return back to righteousness as a new or maturing believer walking in Christ.
I hit like on your post, not because I agree with you but because you are speaking well to him.

Reactions: Nancy and APAK

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess I expected for there to be mostly religious rhetoric in response to a cry to righteousness...for the sake of those who are seeking to be justified by Christ. I post these threads and videos mainly for those who do not have a strong opinion about how people should be saved or not saved. I am speaking to the inner man...where there is NO certainty at all. The outer man religion....that is SO certain...and so ignorant of God...really has no bearing on either the deeper walk or the common walk of those who seek to follow Christ but at a comfortable distance. I am not going to argue every point with dogmatic believers...it is pointless. It would be like trying to argue the bark off a tree.

If someone isn't going to address what's in the video and the thread in a way that is respectful to God and His mercy...then I will let those ideas go in the circles they are meant to go in.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I expected for there to be mostly religious rhetoric in response to a cry to righteousness...for the sake of those who are seeking to be justified by Christ. I post these threads and videos mainly for those who do not have a strong opinion about how people should be saved or not saved. I am speaking to the inner man...where there is NO certainty at all. The outer man religion....that is SO certain...and so ignorant of God...really has no bearing on either the deeper walk or the common walk of those who seek to follow Christ but at a comfortable distance. I am not going to argue every point with dogmatic believers...it is pointless. It would be like trying to argue the bark off a tree.

If someone isn't going to address what's in the video and the thread in a way that is respectful to God and His mercy...then I will let those ideas go in the circles they are meant to go in.
You’re doing so well Epi. This is what you have been called to and He has made your forehead very hard. I’m sorry I keep bringing up the outer darkness. If I didn’t see that something is missing there I wouldn’t say anything. Don’t let anyone distract you. I will keep working on the outer darkness and just bear with me and ignore me and ignore whatever God hasn’t given you to say or to address.

Reactions: Episkopos

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
its about where 99% of believers live...following Christ from a comfortable distance...not walking in the Spirit.
And who set you up as the judge over 99% of the believers? Here is a FALSE TEACHER attempting to judge true believers. "Walking in the Spirit" includes presenting Bible Truth and Gospel Truth as found in Scripture. And you have been attacking fundamental Gospel Truth for a very long time.
I post these threads and videos mainly for those who do not have a strong opinion about how people should be saved or not saved.
Right. Looking to fool the gullible.

Reactions: mailmandan and APAK

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not completely certain what you mean here.
God accepts men who care for their neighbor at least as much as they care about and for themselves. To do that is to do what is right in Gods eyes. It is to DO righteousness. And if You do what is right, won’t God accept you?
God does not like when the righteous are made sad when He didn’t want them to be sad.

We have some things Very, very wrong concerning Gods judgements.
The first judgement is to honor or shame. It isn’t to life or death because those who have received the down payment of His Spirit will already live forever. The second death has no power over them.
It is the second judgement and the second resurrection that is a judgement to life or death, and some who gave a cup of water to one of His will be welcomed in. If you carefully examine the parable, they had no idea they gave a cup/some kindness to one of His own. They didn’t even know who He was.
Examine the two groups.
The first say, when did I ever see one of yours and give?
The second say, when did I ever see one of yours and NOT give?

The first are those who gave, not because they knew who it was they gave to but because they simply treated others as they would want to be treated. And they are welcomed in.

The second think they know Him but failed to treat others as they would want to be treated.

We have been led astray by our teachers in this matter of judging unbelievers. We are told not to do it but our leaders and some of their systematic junk makes us do the very thing we were warned not to do. So we annul the word of God for the traditions and leaven of those men we call our fathers.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That’s not in dispute.
What’s being disputed is your judgement that God cannot have mercy on anyone else. He can you know, despite your insistence that He can’t.

When asked, what must I do to have eternal life, He answered from among the tablet that says to care for others at least as much as you care for yourself.

When the man Said, I’ve done those, what else do I lack, He said, well if you want to be perfect, sell all you have and follow Me.
You aren't rightly dividing the word.

Who is "anyone else"?....we were all one of them.... lost and in unbelief, until the Lord apprehended us and revealed Christ to us. Which He will do to anyone He is showing mercy to. There is no other way to be saved. There are vessels of wrath and vessels of mercy.

Reactions: APAK

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They alone, of all the world, were the only ones He chose to be intimate with. They are the ones who had the words of God. They were given more than the surrounding nations.

Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:

21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Again you are not rightly dividing. It says it would be more tolerable for those heathen cities....it doesn't say they would be spared from perishing.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again you are not rightly dividing. It says it would be more tolerable for those heathen cities....it doesn't say they would be spared from perishing.
The heathen city of Nineveh was spared....

"The men of Nineveh will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here."

You have to learn HOW to rightly divide the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.