How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we just have to stay honest with ourselves, in other words, humble. Being willing to make right any wrong. What we say comes out from our hearts, so we need to examine ourselves, seeking to know - to actually know - what is in my heart.

Much love!
Yes,, We all have to be open..

pride not only keeps us from seeing reality. It does not look good..

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sadly you’re right, to many people do that. May even have done that myself..
...and how far we have veered off the topic under discussion---
I think we just have to stay honest with ourselves, in other words, humble. Being willing to make right any wrong. What we say comes out from our hearts, so we need to examine ourselves, seeking to know - to actually know - what is in my heart.

Much love!
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Heb 4:13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Problem here is that there is warfare against blood and flesh--blatant racism, and the topic under discussion "righteousness"--from him of all people--is unrighteousness.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You think all Catholics are going to hell. That they are NOT Christian at all. You said it. And you said the Israelites in the wilderness were Jews, nothing to take seriously..yet

1 Cor. 10:11 “Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

If you don't take the bible seriously I hope that some here will not follow your example.
I think anyone who has not the Spirit will not inherit eternal life, regardless of who they are - because that is what God's word teaches. I just believe what the bible says. Paul wrote that who has not the Spirit does not belong to Christ. And that we are to have no fellowship with them but come out from among them. (Doesn't mean to be unkind or judgmental and unloving, etc, but not to be unequally yoked... what fellowship does Christ have with Belial, what fellowship can believers have with people of the world.)

I don't understand what you mean about the Israelites being Jews, but yes I agree with the verse you posted and often refer to it myself. It was talking about the Jews/Israel who needed to believe (have faith) in Yeshua to enter God's rest.....and it says that we or they who believe HAVE entered that rest.

(Though it might be talking on another level to those who already believe, as well....and "IF" that is correct, it certainly must not be understood in a way that contradicts anything written. "Believe unto" or "believe into" speaks to me of already having belief/faith but that our faith needs to grow in order to believe "into" and apprehend and walk in the totality of what is ours. Growing up "into" the Head which is Christ.)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos I'm copying/pasting your post here from my e-mail in-box because it won't link me to your post.

{{Consigning all non-fundamentalists to hell is what extremists like the Taliban do. To them everybody is too liberal. They are SO far to the right than anyone with any decency is seen as the most despicable of leftists. To them everyone is a leftists...but them...and did I mention it? yes, they are going to hell.

Nice religion there folks. Certainly has nothing to do with the lord.}}

Once again I'm not consigning anyone to hell and nor is anyone else here, we just believe what the bible says about what happens to lost souls who don't receive Christ and therefore have not His Spirit. Do you think Christians are the only ones who need to heed the warnings about God's wrath? Why do you think people are sent by God to even lay down their lives that the gospel be preached to the lost? It's THAT urgent that people receive the gospel, that's why!

As for the "nice religion" comment....well brother, haven't you heard what Zipporah said to Moses, "thou art a bloody bridegroom to me" and what Jesus Himself said, that we are not to think He came to bring peace but a sword. Christianity is not a "nice" religion at all.....and it's a fleshly man-centred viewpoint that thinks it should be, the way that seemeth right to man...not Christ centred. By the very nature of the gospel, it comes with a cost, ie, there is suffering involved, and it DIVIDES, and we are not to think this is strange. As Jesus said it even sets family members against each other. The faith of Christ is not about being "nice", it's about being true. An unchangeable ROCK, so that whoever falls on it gets broken and conformed to it, not the other way around. It's not meant to be a pretty picture at all, lol!

Reactions: Johann

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The faith of Christ is not about being "nice", it's about being true

It’s about both of these things among others…

I don’t know what to make of the rest of the post. It has some truth to it mixed with seemingly strange language…

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Episkopos I'm copying/pasting your post here from my e-mail in-box because it won't link me to your post.

{{Consigning all non-fundamentalists to hell is what extremists like the Taliban do. To them everybody is too liberal. They are SO far to the right than anyone with any decency is seen as the most despicable of leftists. To them everyone is a leftists...but them...and did I mention it? yes, they are going to hell.

Once again I'm not consigning anyone to hell and nor is anyone else here, we just believe what the bible says about what happens to lost souls who don't receive Christ and therefore have not His Spirit. Do you think Christians are the only ones who need to heed the warnings about God's wrath? Why do you think people are sent by God to even lay down their lives that the gospel be preached to the lost? It's THAT urgent that people receive the gospel, that's why!

As for the "nice religion" comment....well brother, haven't you heard what Zipporah said to Moses, "thou art a bloody bridegroom to me" and what Jesus Himself said, that we are not to think He came to bring peace but a sword. Christianity is not a "nice" religion at all.....and it's a fleshly man-centred viewpoint that thinks it should be, the way that seemeth right to man...not Christ centred. By the very nature of the gospel, it comes with a cost, ie, there is suffering involved, and it DIVIDES, and we are not to think this is strange. As Jesus said it even sets family members against each other. The faith of Christ is not about being "nice", it's about being true. An unchangeable ROCK, so that whoever falls on it gets broken and conformed to it, not the other way around. It's not meant to be a pretty picture at all, lol!
why the "lol" @Lizbeth --are you finding Epi's deflecting answers amusing or are you a "free spirited" loving all.
Just curious.
J.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think anyone who has not the Spirit will not inherit eternal life, regardless of who they are - because that is what God's word teaches.

There is a common misunderstanding that says. If a person is not born again, they are going to hell. But that's a religious interpretation. Jesus says enter into the kingdom (now)....not go to hell if one doesn't. Religious people misinterpret Jesus both who He is and waht He says... Why? To justify themselves. There's a whole religion now based on that.

The New Covenant is about becoming like Christ. And becoming spiritual in Christ is to become the Bride...not inherit life in the nations. The saints rule from the holy city with Christ.

So then the religion fabricated by men takes neither of these scenarios into consideration....because they are quick to condemn, even as they claim to be the spiritual one,s....which in most cases they are not. That's why Jesus says...many will say to Me . Lord, Lord...
I just believe what the bible says.

What you want it to say...especially about you.

Paul wrote that who has not the Spirit does not belong to Christ.

Not the Lord's. Not the Bride.
And that we are to have no fellowship with them but come out from among them. (Doesn't mean to be unkind or judgmental and unloving, etc, but not to be unequally yoked... what fellowship does Christ have with Belial, what fellowship can believers have with people of the world.)

God will judge the world.

Reactions: faithfulness

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It’s about both of these things among others…

I don’t know what to make of the rest of the post. It has some truth to it mixed with seemingly strange language…
Eph_5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2Ti_4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

What I was saying was...way to misinterpret God's words in order to build up a dogmatic religion....sort of thing.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eph_5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2Ti_4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
Exactly! Even though so many are misinterpreting themselves into a religious state, treat them like brothers and exhort them to obedience. If they don't listen, God will take care of them. So even here. we are not to judge before the time.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I was saying was...way to misinterpret God's words in order to build up a dogmatic religion....sort of thing.
I see your back. Are you ready to repent of your Racist comments?

In case anyone was wondering what Comments I spoke of..
You missed him...I think he went to a KKK rally or some red neck thing.

Do you have a confederate flag in your house..over your bed...in your car..in your church?

Just wondering at all the carnal fundamentalism here...

Anti-Semitic, Anti-Catholic. Spreading the love of Jesus wherever there is conformity to what's right for us folk! :threadsneeker:
This with the taliban comment and others.

If you think your just going to walk away. You have another thing coming

You sit here and preach holiness and walking in righteousness. while refusing to confess your own sin.

Time for you to man up

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What if the New Covenant was not a way to condemn the world for not believing fast enough...but rather was the Son of God seeking a Bride?
What if all the verses about belonging to Him was in that context...cleaving to Him...loving Him.

What if Jesus was not trying to condemn the world but save it?

What if the righteous were already accepted...it was the sinners He came to convince to repent from their ways?

What if God held those who claimed to see to a higher standard than the righteous?

What if attacking the righteous made people forfeit their own salvation? Judge not lest you be judged.

What if??????

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a common misunderstanding that says. If a person is not born again, they are going to hell. But that's a religious interpretation. Jesus says enter into the kingdom (now)....not go to hell if one doesn't. Religious people misinterpret Jesus both who He is and waht He says... Why? To justify themselves. There's a whole religion now based on that.

The New Covenant is about becoming like Christ. And becoming spiritual in Christ is to become the Bride...not inherit life in the nations. The saints rule from the holy city with Christ.
Romans 8:9
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Romans 8:11
And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you yourselves are God's temple, and that God's Spirit dwells in you?

John 3:3- the kingdom of God, heaven and Christ are the same kingdom.
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

Below Jesus contrasts the two- hell and the kingdom.

Mark 9:47
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

So one must have the spirit of God in them via the new birth, born again to be in the kingdom and have eternal life- salvation. See John 1:12-13.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

That's right. Have you read in the Song of Solomon.?.."I am my beloveds..and my beloved is mine"

I belong to my wife and my wife belongs to me. Do you have a wife? Is she yours....???

This is about an intimate union of Christ and His Bride...not about the salvation of the world.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if the righteous were already accepted...it was the sinners He came to convince to repent from their ways?
there are non righteous no not one.

the most righteous (according to the law) people who ever walked the earth did not live up to Gods righteousness. and would stand condemned where they are. if not for the cross.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Exactly! Even though so many are misinterpreting themselves into a religious state, treat them like brothers and exhort them to obedience. If they don't listen, God will take care of them. So even here. we are not to judge before the time.
--like you have judged me before the time, with your ad hominem attacks on me, as a person?
Man to man, an apology would be in order.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 8:11
And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you yourselves are God's temple, and that God's Spirit dwells in you?

John 3:3- the kingdom of God, heaven and Christ are the same kingdom.
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

Below Jesus contrasts the two- hell and the kingdom.

Mark 9:47
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

So one must have the spirit of God in them via the new birth, born again to be in the kingdom and have eternal life- salvation. See John 1:12-13.
yes!

so is eternal life eternal or is it conditional?

how is one born again, made a child of God

Status
Not open for further replies.