How Unique are You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63) (KJV 1900)

This is where the Baptism of the Holy Spirit comes from. Not out of thin air like many assume.

Holy Spirit comes from God, and He can only say what He has being told, so if God has nothing to say, neither has He.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

And revelation comes from God, without it the bible is just a book,

Isa 29:10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
Isa 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
Isa 29:12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63) (KJV 1900)

This is where the Baptism of the Holy Spirit comes from. Not out of thin air like many assume.
From your words I cannot tell if you understand me or not. From what you have posted previously I would say that you do not. Seemingly we are still unable to communicate because of a basic difference. But... God can understand each of us and He is able to communicate with each of us... if we will simply listen to Him.

D

Dave L

From your words I cannot tell if you understand me or not. From what you have posted previously I would say that you do not. Seemingly we are still unable to communicate because of a basic difference. But... God can understand each of us and He is able to communicate with each of us... if we will simply listen to Him.
The Holy Spirit comes through hearing God's word 1 Peter 1:23. All believers have the Holy Spirit. Faith is a fruit thereof Galatians 5:22. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit comes through repentance. Just as Peter said in Acts 2:38. The more we repent, the more God immerses us in the Holy Spirit.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit comes through hearing God's word 1 Peter 1:23. All believers have the Holy Spirit. Faith is a fruit thereof Galatians 5:22. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit comes through repentance. Just as Peter said in Acts 2:38. The more we repent, the more God immerses us in the Holy Spirit.
I would like to detail the difficulties of what I see in what you wrote here, but it require a very long post repeating many things you apparently ignored or failed to read or simply did not understand. Who would be edified now?

"How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying." I Cor 14:26

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

I would like to detail the difficulties of what I see in what you wrote here, but it require a very long post repeating many things you apparently ignored or failed to read or simply did not understand. Who would be edified now?

"How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying." I Cor 14:26
Paul also said tongues would cease when the perfect came. “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)

But you say this is not so, you seek extra biblical revelation which is what Saul did.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul also said tongues would cease when the perfect came. “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)

But you say this is not so, you seek extra biblical revelation which is what Saul did.
The primary difference between Saul and David was not found in the witch of Endor, but in the heart of the man. Saul's seeking Samuel through a witch was simply a negative result of his essentially faulty walk. He started walking blindly long before God expressed dissatisfaction to Samuel and rejected the man, Saul, as king:

"And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons." I Sam 16:1

Was the content of David's heart extra biblical? David wrote most of psalms found in scripture as he was inspired to do so by God. We, today, those of us, who have received the Holy Spirit, are also at times inspired by God to speak or to write God's Word.

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12

D

Dave L

The primary difference between Saul and David was not found in the witch of Endor, but in the heart of the man. Saul's seeking Samuel through a witch was simply a negative result of his essentially faulty walk. He started walking blindly long before God expressed dissatisfaction to Samuel and rejected the man, Saul, as king:

"And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons." I Sam 16:1

Was the content of David's heart extra biblical? David wrote most of psalms found in scripture as he was inspired to do so by God. We, today, those of us, who have received the Holy Spirit, are also at times inspired by God to speak or to write God's Word.

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12
Just that Saul went beyond scripture looking for extra revelation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just that Saul went beyond scripture looking for extra revelation.
The truth is where God is! Is God only in the scripture?

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there" Psalm 139:7-8

D

Dave L

The truth is where God is! Is God only in the scripture?

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there" Psalm 139:7-8
God only speaks through scripture verbally. But we see other truths intuitively.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God only speaks through scripture verbally. But we see other truths intuitively.
God has a voice that the unbeliever cant / wont hear,

Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

but so many wont hear.... unbelief...

Reactions: Helen and amadeus
D

Dave L

God has a voice that the unbeliever cant / wont hear,

Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

but so many wont hear.... unbelief...
God speaks through scripture. Crazy people think they hear God speaking.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying something not clearly shown in the scriptures. Where is there a verse saying God speaks only through scripture verbally? That phrase sound like your invention to simplify the expression of your belief rather than what God teaches through the Holy Spirit.

By seeing other truths intuitively do you mean that the Holy Spirit in us speaks to us? How is that different than what I believe when I say that God through the Holy Spirit speaks to my heart?

D

Dave L

You are saying something not clearly shown in the scriptures. Where is there a verse saying God speaks only through scripture verbally? That phrase sound like your invention to simplify the expression of your belief rather than what God teaches through the Holy Spirit.

By seeing other truths intuitively do you mean that the Holy Spirit in us speaks to us? How is that different than what I believe when I say that God through the Holy Spirit speaks to my heart?
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)

Tongues today are not the original gift, if they were you would know exactly what you were saying. Nor is Prophecy genuine today. This will take a discussion on Cessationism to adequately prove. But I have plenty to share if it comes up.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)
The inspiration originally for the scriptures was in the man wrote it or spoke it for another to write. No problem with that, but what people often fail to understand is that the message of God contained in those written verses of scripture cannot be understood correctly simply by careful study and a knowledge of the original languages in which they were written. The message is from God and it is not supposed to be understood by everyone.

"And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:10-15

Tongues today are not the original gift, if they were you would know exactly what you were saying. Nor is Prophecy genuine today. This will take a discussion on Cessationism to adequately prove. But I have plenty to share if it comes up.
We were not speaking about tongues, but tongues as per Paul's writings fit into the words of Jesus as quoted above. In any case, why is it you presume that God does not let me know exactly what the tongues mean? Different parts of the Body of Christ have different functions and therefore different needs which God will fill when they are needed and the need is properly expressed. Don't try to put God into your box. He does not fit.

D

Dave L

The inspiration originally for the scriptures was in the man wrote it or spoke it for another to write. No problem with that, but what people often fail to understand is that the message of God contained in those written verses of scripture cannot be understood correctly simply by careful study and a knowledge of the original languages in which they were written. The message is from God and it is not supposed to be understood by everyone.

"And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:10-15

We were not speaking about tongues, but tongues as per Paul's writings fit into the words of Jesus as quoted above. In any case, why is it you presume that God does not let me know exactly what the tongues mean? Different parts of the Body of Christ have different functions and therefore different needs which God will fill when they are needed and the need is properly expressed. Don't try to put God into your box. He does not fit.
Scripture rules out tongues and prophecy from the 2nd century on. The bible doesn't make sense unless a person is born again. And then it is a tedious venture if we stray from the centuries of proven doctrine. But the depth of the Bible is obvious to those who prayerfully turn its pages. And it is a maze to many who after a lifetime of chasing the wrong lead end up nowhere.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God speaks through scripture. Crazy people think they hear God speaking.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)
Well I guess God loves crazy people

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

but probably more likely that like Pharaoh you cant afford to have people hear from God, because you will have no slaves to rule over,

Mat 20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

and like Pharaoh you wont let Gods people go,

Exo_9:1 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

but the pharisees love their high seats.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I guess you just plain deaf.

Rev_3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture rules out tongues and prophecy from the 2nd century on.
I already heard your stand on this and disagree. We won't go there again now.

The bible doesn't make sense unless a person is born again... .. But the depth of the Bible is obvious to those who prayerfully turn its pages. And it is a maze to many who after a lifetime of chasing the wrong lead end up nowhere.
You are saying some good things, but somehow you have missed the part where it applies to yourself on that wrong way to nowhere. It is you who are in a maze, for God's Way is easy as Jesus said.

Losing the original love for the truth you have in its place received a delusion and are unwilling to return to the source to receive again what you have lost. That is the only Way.

And then it is a tedious venture if we stray from the centuries of proven doctrine
I pulled this phrase from the midst of your statement as something with which goes back to your bad habit of following men... even men who you may respect... instead of following Jesus toward God.

D

Dave L

I already heard your stand on this and disagree. We won't go there again now.

You are saying some good things, but somehow you have missed the part where it applies to yourself on that wrong way to nowhere. It is you who are in a maze, for God's Way is easy as Jesus said.

Losing the original love for the truth you have in its place received a delusion and are unwilling to return to the source to receive again what you have lost. That is the only Way.

I pulled this phrase from the midst of your statement as something with which goes back to your bad habit of following men... even men who you may respect... instead of following Jesus toward God.
Unless a person is born again, they cannot make sense out of the bible beyond a few elementary verses. I've see people spend their entire lives following a false doctrine through the maze of scripture without ever knowing the truth. It is one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

D

Dave L

Well I guess God loves crazy people

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

but probably more likely that like Pharaoh you cant afford to have people hear from God, because you will have no slaves to rule over,

Mat 20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

and like Pharaoh you wont let Gods people go,

Exo_9:1 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

but the pharisees love their high seats.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I guess you just plain deaf.

Rev_3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
You can search for the truth in scripture, or you can construct your own version of it misapplying it. Which you do in this case ignoring all that Paul said about tongues and prophecy expiring when scripture became complete.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
D.L. < God speaks through scripture. Crazy people think they hear God speaking. >

So, tough on the illiterate then, and those stuck on some island with no bible, and have not learned by heart the bible Gen-Rev.
God can't possibly speak to them.
Now how crazy is that!!!

@amadeus @mjrhealth

I guess I must like 'crazy' then...in my experience God seems to turn up wherever crazy people are!! LOL