How Unique are You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can anyone who rejects major portions, as does "oneness", be grounded?
And how can one who ignores major portions of the prophetic books be on the right track? You've been chanting the mantra that *Jesus is Amillennial* ever since you came aboard.

Of course, Oneness doctrine is false.

D

Dave L

And how can one who ignores major portions of the prophetic books be on the right track? You've been chanting the mantra that *Jesus is Amillennial* ever since you came aboard.

Of course, Oneness doctrine is false.
Thanks for chipping in on Oneness being a false doctrine. Jesus interpreted the OT for us. You need to listen to him. Much of the prophecies are symbolic. For instants, John the Baptist = Elijah. The Temple = Christ and us. David's Throne said by Peter in Acts 2:30–31 to be in heavenly Jerusalem above. The restoration of Israel to be the resurrection of believers (Israel) on the last day into the New Heavens and Earth where all is fulfilled. Believers = Abraham's seed according to Paul, not the unbelieving Jews. And much more should a discussion develop around this.

Reactions: Waiting on him
D

Dave L

What part of scripture have I rejected? You should read more carefully what I have written here.

Am I a "oneness" believer? Where did I say that?

What does the Apostle Paul write about who Jesus is?

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" I Tim 2:5
Do you believe; (1) There is only one God. (2) The Father is God. (3) The Son is God. (4) The Holy Spirit is God. (5) The Father is not the Son. (6) The Son is the not the Holy Spirit. (7) The Holy Spirit is not the Father.?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe; (1) There is only one God. (2) The Father is God. (3) The Son is God. (4) The Holy Spirit is God. (5) The Father is not the Son. (6) The Son is the not the Holy Spirit. (7) The Holy Spirit is not the Father.?
You want to nit pick me and others to death on this. Well you are certainly not the first and probably won't be the last.

Even your questions are not looking for the truth but for support for what you already believe and probably call absolute truth. I am not frozen in place but to let you know a little of where I stand consider these if you will:
(1) Yes.
(2) Yes.
(3) May be yes, but if so, it is not likely as many others, including you, seem to believe it. If Jesus is God why would it not be because the Father made it so even as Pharaoh made Joseph the second ruler in Egypt? I don't know the answer to the question and I don't believe anyone else here does either... although some may say that they do. This is the trouble with arguing such a question so as to convince another that my way is right and his way is wrong. We do live for God by faith, do we not, rather than by knowledge?

(4) may also be also yes, if the one God is actually in us when we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Is the Holy Spirit a gift of God or simply God Himself? Again, remember that we are to live for God by faith rather than by knowledge.
(5) Is God His Word? Does the answer to my question relate precisely to whether or not I [Amadeus] am my word? If I had no word, would I exist?
(6) See my answers above to (4) and (5).
(7) See my answers above.

What is we need to know in order to please God and always be with Him? What it is we need to believe by faith in order to please God and always be with Him?

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29

What must we see and know now in order to move forward toward God? What was it that the Apostle Paul saw and knew when he wrote the following verse? Did he see more than Thomas saw in the moment of John 20:29?

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

You want to nit pick me and others to death on this. Well you are certainly not the first and probably won't be the last.

Even your questions are not looking for the truth but for support for what you already believe and probably call absolute truth. I am not frozen in place but to let you know a little of where I stand consider these if you will:
(1) Yes.
(2) Yes.
(3) May be yes, but if so, it is not likely as many others, including you, seem to believe it. If Jesus is God why would it not be because the Father made it so even as Pharaoh made Joseph the second ruler in Egypt? I don't know the answer to the question and I don't believe anyone else here does either... although some may say that they do. This is the trouble with arguing such a question so as to convince another that my way is right and his way is wrong. We do live for God by faith, do we not, rather than by knowledge?

(4) may also be also yes, if the one God is actually in us when we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Is the Holy Spirit a gift of God or simply God Himself? Again, remember that we are to live for God by faith rather than by knowledge.
(5) Is God His Word? Does the answer to my question relate precisely to whether or not I [Amadeus] am my word? If I had no word, would I exist?
(6) See my answers above to (4) and (5).
(7) See my answers above.

What is we need to know in order to please God and always be with Him? What it is we need to believe by faith in order to please God and always be with Him?

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29

What must we see and know now in order to move forward toward God? What was it that the Apostle Paul saw and knew when he wrote the following verse? Did he see more than Thomas saw in the moment of John 20:29?

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
If you believe scripture is perfect, you no longer see through a glass darkly. But face to face with the Word of God.

How do you explain the following? One person called God or the Father and the Son, two persons called God?

On the Mount of tranfiguration

“While he was still speaking, suddenly a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said: This is My beloved Son. I take delight in Him. Listen to Him! When the disciples heard it, they fell facedown and were terrified. Then Jesus came up, touched them, and said, “Get up; don’t be afraid.”” (Matthew 17:5–7) (HCSB)

“For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.” (2 Peter 1:16–18) (KJV 1900)

Jesus' Baptism

“And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe scripture is perfect, you no longer see through a glass darkly. But face to face with the Word of God.
God is perfect, but the scriptures are not perfect, until, and if, they are brought to Life perfectly within us. Consider that the man Jesus grew while he dwelt on planet Earth. Was he approaching the perfection of his Father or was he already there when born to Mary as a child of flesh? Why would he need to increase in wisdom and stature and favour with God if he was already perfect?

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

How do you explain the following? One person called God or the Father and the Son, two persons called God?
I deleted your verses because I already answered your questions and you ignored my answers. and now repeat the same questions. Is this your pulpit? Is no one but you allowed to ask questions? Do you not believe that some of your answers may be in error?

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well it isnt, men got involved, and here we see the consequence, you read the bible yet you know nothing, revelation come form God, but since you dont believe God you have none so all you have is your wisdom, your knowledge and your understanding and all that is nothing. And so again the devil the one who walks in darkness convinces the unbeliever that they cannot hear the voice of the one who is the light of the world, and so they stumble around in the darkness and walk in unbelief.

Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief

still the people wont listen

D

Dave L

Well it isnt, men got involved, and here we see the consequence, you read the bible yet you know nothing, revelation come form God, but since you dont believe God you have none so all you have is your wisdom, your knowledge and your understanding and all that is nothing. And so again the devil the one who walks in darkness convinces the unbeliever that they cannot hear the voice of the one who is the light of the world, and so they stumble around in the darkness and walk in unbelief.

Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief

still the people wont listen
If you don't think scripture is perfect. There's nothing to discuss.

D

Dave L

God is perfect, but the scriptures are not perfect, until, and if, they are brought to Life perfectly within us. Consider that the man Jesus grew while he dwelt on planet Earth. Was approaching the perfection of his Father or was he already there when born to Mary as a child of flesh? Why would he need to increase in wisdom and stature and favour with God if he was already perfect?

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

I deleted your verses because I already answered your questions and you ignored my answers. and now repeat the same questions. Is this your pulpit? Is no one but you allowed to ask questions? Do you not believe that some of your answers may be in error?
If you don't think God's word (the scriptures) are perfect, it says a lot. Jesus learned as a baby while causing the universe to exist as God. Son of God/Son of Man God with two natures, one fully human, the other fully divine.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 54:4-7 KJV

John 16:27-29 KJV
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. [28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father. [29] His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.

Tecarta Bible Premium
Tecarta Bible Premium

Reactions: amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because scripture doesn’t always fit God in the box we want to place him in doesn’t mean scripture is imperfect.

Reactions: Dave L

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't think God's word (the scriptures) are perfect, it says a lot. Jesus learned as a baby while causing the universe to exist as God. Son of God/Son of Man God with two natures, one fully human, the other fully divine.

With this I have to agree with brother Dave, the word of God, the Holy Scriptures are indeed perfect, for all God's works are perfect. The scriptures as they were originally recorded were the words of those men who were used by God and moved by His spirit to speak the things recorded, however with this said a distinction must be made between the perfect word of God as it was originally recorded and the various translations of that same word, which unfortunately over time have allowed for many errors, importations and etc. to creep into the Holy Text.

Nevertheless even with all this the basic fundamental truths of the Word of God have been preserved, sustain by none other than the Lord God Himself. The message intended has still gone out into all the earth and is accomplishing its intended purpose, to gather to the Lord a people for His name.

He who knows the beginning from the end was well aware of the corruption which would attach itself to the written word, but this was over-ruled, for in so allowing errors to creep in this would help to divide the true wheat from the mere professors. The true wheat would be those who truly hungering and thirsting for the truth would seek to discern, to rightly divide the Word of God to see what was truth and what merely the errors taught by men in their vain efforts to uphold the apostasy of the professing church. The nominal professors, i.e. the tares would bind themselves all the more tightly to the doctrines of orthodoxy, preferring to have their ears tickled by men and to hear (see) in the scriptures only that which they imagined.

And so even now the sickle of truth is doing its work of separating the wheat from the tares, the wheat being gathered into the holy condition, separated from the world and the worldly church, and the tares being all the more bundled together into one or more of the various denominations and or bound to the beliefs taught by such as are approved by orthodoxy.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 12:1-6 KJV
[1] Help, Lord ; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. [2] They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. [3] The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things: [4] Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us? [5] For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the Lord ; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him. [6] The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
My beautiful wife just sent me this!

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is perfect, but the scriptures are not perfect, until, and if, they are brought to Life perfectly within us.
There is a difference between objective and subjective. The Scriptures are objectively perfect because they are the written words of God through men. What people do with them is another matter.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't think God's word (the scriptures) are perfect, it says a lot.
You talk with different people Dave and lose track of what each one has told you previously. I do understand that.

I have told you what I believe before but apparently it did not stick. Seemingly you believe that the written scriptures themselves are the Living Word of God. I don't believe that. For me I see those same scriptures as only having potential [like the dry bones of Ezekiel 37]. Without the quickening of the Spirit they are dead powerless words [or bones for Ezekiel]. The written words of the Bible while unread and unquickened are dead as Jesus was dead on the cross until he resurrected on the third day. Jesus did not speak or perform miracles when he was dead on the cross. That is how the unopened, unconsumed Bible is... a dead, lifeless, powerless carcass.

The Word of God, on the other hand, is not powerless. It [the Word of God] does not exist in any book, including the Bible. The Word of God exists in people. The potential written in the book [ the Bible] comes to Life within a person when he reads it or hears it AND what he has thus consumed is quickened by the Holy Spirit in him. You may disagree with what I call the Word of God, but unless you understand it, we cannot even communicate correctly.

Jesus learned as a baby while causing the universe to exist as God. Son of God/Son of Man God with two natures, one fully human, the other fully divine.
If you really believe that, go with it, but don't be surprised that people who don't understand it, do not.

Remember what faith is?

Last edited:
Reactions: mjrhealth and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between objective and subjective. The Scriptures are objectively perfect because they are the written words of God through men. What people do with them is another matter.
Approaching the scriptures subjectively or objectively will accomplish nothing good for a person who is not at all hungry and thirsty for God and the things of God.

To someone always led by the Holy Spirit, the words of scripture will become perfect as the Spirit brings them to Life in that person. If they remain on the written page, never read or understood, they remain dead words. They were written by men as those men were inspired by the Spirit of God. They can only be properly understood by men if they are quickened [brought to Life] within those men. This is why believers disagree with each other and have formed thousands of denominations with conflicting doctrines and/or beliefs. People with the Holy Spirit available too often quench the Spirit in favor of their own minds or the minds of other men. Thus instead of truth they have confusion.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you don't think scripture is perfect. There's nothing to discuss.
Something to do with this

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

some just simply despise the truth.

Reactions: amadeus and Dave L
D

Dave L

You talk with different people Dave and lose track of what each one has told you previously. I do understand that.

I have told you what I believe before but apparently it did not stick. Seemingly you believe that the written scriptures themselves are the Living Word of God. I don't believe that. For me I see those same scriptures as only having potential [like the dry bones of Ezekiel 37]. Without the quickening of the Spirit they are dead powerless words [or bones for Ezekiel]. The written words of the Bible while unread and unquickened are dead as Jesus was dead on the cross until he resurrected on the third day. Jesus did not speak or perform miracles when he was dead on the cross. That is how the unopened, unconsumed Bible is... a dead, lifeless, powerless carcass.

The Word of God, on the other hand, is not powerless. It [the Word of God] does not exist in any book, including the Bible. The Word of God exists in people. The potential written in the book [ the Bible] comes to Life within a person when he reads it or hears it AND what he has thus consumed is quickened by the Holy Spirit in him. You may disagree with what I call the Word of God, but unless you understand it, we cannot even communicate correctly.

If you really believe that, go with it, but don't be surprised that people who don't understand it, do not.

Remember what faith is?
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63) (KJV 1900)

This is where the Baptism of the Holy Spirit comes from. Not out of thin air like many assume.